77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Ambien Commercial » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ambien Commercial
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Ambien Commercial Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is a commercial for Ambien that has a song playing in the background with chord progressions EXACTLY like "The Lust The Flesh...." Anyone seen/heard it? It's pretty weird. It came on twice tonight.

10-24-2005 22:25 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

was it Eve of Destruction?

Was I ever on the inside?
10-24-2005 23:54 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0

By Bob Dylan? No.

It was real modern sounding.

10-25-2005 21:56 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Ambien Commercial Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
There is a commercial for Ambien that has a song playing in the background with chord progressions EXACTLY like "The Lust The Flesh...." Anyone seen/heard it? It's pretty weird. It came on twice tonight.

Whoops! Unless this is the intro to "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire, I could possibly have next month's rent made by threatening another lawsuit like I did last time with the 311"Lust"/"I'll Be Here Awhile" fiasco.

Too bad. Ambien is a great sleeper.
10-26-2005 01:04 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
quote:

By Bob Dylan? No.

Eve of Destruction wasn't by Dylan. It was written by P.F. Sloan and sung by Barry McGuire. McGuire later became a Christian, made some more records (including children's musicals) and moved to New Zealand.

Let's hope there's some money for the good doctor in that story.

Alex

P.S. Could anyone explain the "311 Lust/I'll be here awhile" fiasco to me?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Alex: 10-26-2005 01:34.

10-26-2005 01:31 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

RE: Ambien Commercial Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kit

I was thinking the same thing... I thought about recording it, but then I didn't Roll Eyes

10-26-2005 06:51 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

what do you have to watch to be reasonably sure to catch the commercial???

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
10-26-2005 07:08 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc

I don't what I was watching when the spot came on... I don't even know what channel. Confused

10-26-2005 07:15 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

I don't what I was watching when the spot came on... I don't even know what channel. ? (

what kinda drugs were you on Wink

10-26-2005 07:20 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by Alex
quote:
Originally posted by Kit
quote:

By Bob Dylan? No.

Eve of Destruction wasn't by Dylan. It was written by P.F. Sloan and sung by Barry McGuire. McGuire later became a Christian, made some more records (including children's musicals) and moved to New Zealand.

Let's hope there's some money for the good doctor in that story.

Alex

P.S. Could anyone explain the "311 Lust/I'll be here awhile" fiasco to me?

Oh, I just sort of did a search of "Eve of Destruction" and a Bob Dylan song with the same name was the first thing that pulled up. Pleased

In regard to the 311 fiasco, there was a song by them called "I'll Be Here a While" and it bit lyrics from "The Lust, The Flesh.." More specifcally the "and if a person place or thing can deliver I will quiver with delight" part.

10-26-2005 22:45 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

I just listened to a snippet of "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire (about 30 seconds) and I did notice a similarity to "The Lust the Flesh" but it wasn't the same similarity I was hearing in the Ambien commercial. The similarity I heard in the Barry song was the jangly part that occurs at the very beginning of "The Lust the Flesh." The part I heard in the commercial was the melodic guitar part that happens right before Roe launches into the verses.

10-26-2005 23:03 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

you gotta getta linka! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

One of you folks has got to score a link to this travesty. Or, for faster service, record it off the TV, create a .wav file, put it on a server somewhere and send me a link. If I need to call my lawyer, I'd like to know sooner than later so i can start putting the $$ aside to do so. 'Big time' Hollywood lawyers do not work cheap, but they do win cases. I just need to know if I've got one or not.

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
I just listened to a snippet of "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire (about 30 seconds) and I did notice a similarity to "The Lust the Flesh" but it wasn't the same similarity I was hearing in the Ambien commercial. The similarity I heard in the Barry song was the jangly part that occurs at the very beginning of "The Lust the Flesh." The part I heard in the commercial was the melodic guitar part that happens right before Roe launches into the verses.
10-27-2005 08:34 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

I hope it all works out all right, and hopefully in your favor.

10-27-2005 08:52 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Eddie Econoline Van Halen Eddie Econoline Van Halen is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-109.jpg

Registration Date: 06-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

I don't what I was watching when the spot came on... I don't even know what channel. Confused

LOL! yea right, bud! you were watching blind date or cheaters or something like that, weren't you??? LOL!

take 'er sleazy!

10-27-2005 09:24 Eddie Econoline Van Halen is offline Search for Posts by Eddie Econoline Van Halen Add Eddie Econoline Van Halen to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

RE: you gotta getta linka! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
One of you folks has got to score a link to this travesty. Or, for faster service, record it off the TV, create a .wav file, put it on a server somewhere and send me a link. If I need to call my lawyer, I'd like to know sooner than later so i can start putting the $$ aside to do so. 'Big time' Hollywood lawyers do not work cheap, but they do win cases. I just need to know if I've got one or not.

I haven't heard the commercial since that one night I heard it twice. I don't even remember what I was watching. It didn't really hit me until the second time I heard it that it might be a good idea to record it. I'll keep a VHS cassette on standby just in case it comes on when I am watching. I don't really know how to begin searching for a snippet of the commercial on the net but I'll see if my bro knows.

This could very well be their ad agency:

http://www.cohorts.com/about_looking_glass_3.html

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 10-27-2005 11:00.

10-27-2005 10:46 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

RE: you gotta getta linka! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

any new news here???

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
10-28-2005 11:11 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

This would be a better source, but the Ambien commercial hasn't been put up yet.

www.songtitle.info
10-30-2005 04:15 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

I found it, recorded it and will get it to Doctor Love. Smile )

Linda
10-30-2005 13:08 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
I found it, recorded it and will get it to Doctor Love. Smile )

Linda

So...what's your opinion???

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
10-30-2005 13:11 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Yeah, I think it DOES sound a lot like the intro. He may just have a case!!

Linda
10-30-2005 13:40 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Ambien Commercial

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH