77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's dvd progress update... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's dvd progress update... 5 Votes - Average Rating: 6.40
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

77's dvd progress update... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just a quick update on the progress of the 77's dvd....

Today the company that did the digitial transfer of roughly 40+ tapes called to let me know they are done....so tonight everything will be delivered so I can begin the the process with Mike of selecting what all will make the cut for the DVD. There is a ton of footage, live stuff, in studio bits, a mini documentary, press kits, not to mention the concept videos themselves....so this should be cool.

later,

jeffrey k.

09-19-2005 14:00 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

amen

09-19-2005 14:02 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WOW is that ever cool news...

will definitely be a MUST have the MOMENT it is available...

CRAM as much as possible on that DVD - better yet, make it a two disc set - charge 40 bucks for the thing - I am all in.

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

09-19-2005 14:02 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
amen

DaLe has yet to leave the amen corner.

Big Grin

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

09-19-2005 14:02 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

That's pretty exciting Jeff. Thanks for the update. (Now get to work!) Smile

09-19-2005 14:31 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by phreak
WOW is that ever cool news...

will definitely be a MUST have the MOMENT it is available...

CRAM as much as possible on that DVD - better yet, make it a two disc set - charge 40 bucks for the thing - I am all in.

~f

Count me in for multiple copies. Put it all on there make it a 3 disc set if you have to. I'll still buy a few copies. Cool
09-19-2005 14:36
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Just out of curiosity Jeff, is it just the one conert in the "hot basement" or did you and your brothers tape other concerts that are going on the DVD too?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cynthia: 09-19-2005 14:41.

09-19-2005 14:39 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-130.jpg

Registration Date: 01-18-2005

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

09-19-2005 14:43 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
Mr. Magoo

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
Just out of curiosity Jeff, is it just the one conert in the "hot basement" or did you and your brothers tape other concerts that are going on the DVD too?

No this is a totally different project. The Dogs dvd we filmed will hopefully come out next June assuming it's all approved...so far it's all looking and sounding good

The project I'm talking about today is a 77's retrospective DVD that is planned to be released for the holidays this year....so soon! It will be all 77's footage from over the years, the pro-shot concept videos, and other surprises....

jeffrey k.

09-19-2005 14:44 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

any plans for a special edition fan version with "some bonus footage" that doesn't make the cut for the official release?!

Cool

~ ffphreeack!! ~

09-19-2005 14:56 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
j77
unregistered

quote:
any plans for a special edition fan version with "some bonus footage" that doesn't make the cut for the official release?!

Cool

please
09-19-2005 15:20
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: 77's dvd progress update... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
Just a quick update on the progress of the 77's dvd....

Today the company that did the digitial transfer of roughly 40+ tapes called to let me know they are done....so tonight everything will be delivered so I can begin the the process with Mike of selecting what all will make the cut for the DVD. There is a ton of footage, live stuff, in studio bits, a mini documentary, press kits, not to mention the concept videos themselves....so this should be cool.

later,

jeffrey k.

Lemme know when I can pre-order!!!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
09-19-2005 15:23 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

lemme know when I can see a preview Wink Tongue

09-19-2005 15:25 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island Album

Exciting news!

09-19-2005 18:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mr. Magoo

quote:
Cool

There are no plans for that at the moment, but mostly because I still have to go through everything and then submit footage to Mike. Once that happens the project itself will take shape in terms of how many dvd's and all.

jeffrey k.

09-19-2005 18:59 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

man I can't wait for this. Cool

Was I ever on the inside?
09-19-2005 20:10 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
quote:
Cool

There are no plans for that at the moment, but mostly because I still have to go through everything and then submit footage to Mike. Once that happens the project itself will take shape in terms of how many dvd's and all.

jeffrey k.

hmmm

where did you get you footage?

09-19-2005 20:47 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
quote:
Cool

jeffrey k.

hmmm

I like the HOW MANY...

Didn't Mike send that to you Jeffrey K... I seem to recall Mike reporting that he sent a box of tapes off to the Chicago area...

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

09-20-2005 03:55 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
nashvillelarryl nashvillelarryl is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 09-19-2005

i am fairly excited about this. OK......really excited. very cool.

you mean to say that's the best you can do? almost anybody can do better than that.

09-20-2005 06:19 nashvillelarryl is offline Send an Email to nashvillelarryl Homepage of nashvillelarryl Search for Posts by nashvillelarryl Add nashvillelarryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of nashvillelarryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of nashvillelarryl: larryl922
Mr. Magoo

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
quote:
Cool

jeffrey k.

hmmm

I like the HOW MANY...

Didn't Mike send that to you Jeffrey K... I seem to recall Mike reporting that he sent a box of tapes off to the Chicago area...

~f

He did...but combined from Mike and other sources there is over 10 hours of footage and not all of it is usable....some of it hasn't been viewed in years, some of it was in formats that couldn't be viewed on standard home systems, etc. Some things Mike has requested already that they be included, and then some of it is going to be me going through and watching all of it and making recommendations and Mike deciding from there. This is why the project is still taking shape.

jeffrey k.

09-20-2005 07:45 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's dvd progress update...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH