77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Lost Dogs Concert in the St. Louis area » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs Concert in the St. Louis area
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Lost Dogs Concert in the St. Louis area Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anyone from the boards going to be at this show?

Was I ever on the inside?
06-11-2004 10:52 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no

06-11-2004 12:43 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: Lost Dogs Concert in the St. Louis area Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm probably not going to Chicago, St. Louis, Springfield, or across the street unless something changes.

06-11-2004 13:54 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Radioactive Crow

Thread Starter Thread Started by rob 3.0
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Crying

06-12-2004 07:38 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Radioactive Crow

Ok then is anyone going to the Bill Mallonee Concert on July 1 in StL?

06-12-2004 07:39 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Bret 2.0 Bret 2.0 is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

still trying to see if there's any way I can force it to happen in my schedule.

06-12-2004 07:48 Bret 2.0 is offline Send an Email to Bret 2.0 Homepage of Bret 2.0 Search for Posts by Bret 2.0 Add Bret 2.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Bret 2.0: forty dlux
Radioactive Crow

anyone else?

06-28-2004 22:18 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Radioactive Crow

I hope there is more than just me at the show Big Grin

06-29-2004 22:52 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Radioactive Crow

just a couple of days to go.

06-30-2004 10:43 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
j100xtraII
unregistered

I'd be there rob, but seeing that I live in Idaho and in a couple of weeks I'm making the roadie to Eugene, I don't think I will make it to STL.
06-30-2004 15:31
Bret 3B Bret 3B is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 06-30-2004

How was the show. I didn't make it.

Kinda like the "Doublemint Twins"
07-03-2004 06:09 Bret 3B is offline Send an Email to Bret 3B Homepage of Bret 3B Search for Posts by Bret 3B Add Bret 3B to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Bret 3B: fortydlux
Radioactive Crow

The concert was great and a lot of fun!!!!

The venue was an old movie theater that a church had purchased and uses as a comunity center.

The sound check was the funniest soud checks I have ever seen.

The guy who brought them in to town got up to introduce them and proceeded to thank everybody under the sun. He then introduced the Dogs and everybody was clapping and cheering. Then the guy goes "oh wait I forgot to thank my wife and kids" And then tells a little story about his family. At this point the crowd is dead silent and the guy stops talking and leaves the stage. So it's dead quiet and the Dogs start to come out one by one and due to Mr. Talkative's interruption it seemed very awkward for them to come out with no one clapping or cheering. The guy totally blew the intro. As Mike was getting his guitar he said "I bet you guys thought we were bigger than this"

But after the horrible, horrible intro the show was great and the crowd was very into it. I estimate that about 50 to 60 people were there.

The banter between the guys was hilarious. Here's the set list:

If you Want to
To Cover You
Certain Love
Come Down Here
10 Gallon Hat (complete with audience whistling and Dogs yodeling)
Like a Cloud
Grace is the smell of rain
Startin Monday
It's so Sad (Mike Rocked this one)
Deeper in The Heart
Sunshine Down
The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes and the Pride of Life
Moses in The Desert
Built for Glory/Great Divide Medley
Papa Danced On Olvera Street
Honeysuckle Breeze
I'm Setting You Free (But Not Letting Go)

At this point they took a break and conducted a "Rapture Practice"
After that Terry broke into a little Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor and did the "Cut the Cheese" and "My Left Behind" bits

Wild Ride
The Boneyard Medley:
Gates of Eden
Bullet Train
3 Legged Dog
Bad Indegestion
Close but No Cigar
Pray Where You Are
Breathe Deep
Why is the Devil Red

encore
Beautiful Scandalous Night
All the very best things

It was a great show. They sounded great although the vocals were a little low. The boneyard Medley was a great place for Mike to kick loose a little on the electric guitar. I took my parents along with me and they had never heard the Dogs before. They both said The Lust, the Flesh the Eyes and the Pride of life was thier favorite song of the night along with the boneyard medley. Steve Hindalong was a great addition to the Dogs show. I go tmy copy of Mutt autographed by all 4 of the guys.

I picked up Mutt, Green Room Serenade Part Tour and Strawmen Saving Faded Dreams.

Mutt has inspired me to write a full review. Hopefully done this evening.

Favorite quotes of the evening (may not be exact)

Derri(talking to the sound guy cause his mic was too low) "I'm the glue that hold this band together. My vocals need to be louder"
(This prompted Mike to ask for his to higher too because he didn't want Derri to be louder than him. this went back and forth until Terry stopped them

Terry(On Moses in the Desert): "This kinda has a Peter, Paul and Mary feel to it."
Mike(looking at Derri): "Take it away Mary"

Terry: Featuring the vocals of the lovely Derri Daugherty
Derri: Why am I always lovely. I don't want to be the girl of the group anymore
Mike: Your the only one of us that still looks like a girl
Derri: If there's a girl out there that looks like me, I feel sorry for her.

Plus many many more

Mutt review forthcoming

07-04-2004 23:32 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
backsat15and1/2 backsat15and1/2 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

Registration Date: 07-03-2004

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks Rob!

07-05-2004 09:36 backsat15and1/2 is offline Send an Email to backsat15and1/2 Search for Posts by backsat15and1/2 Add backsat15and1/2 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Lost Dogs Concert in the St. Louis area

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH