77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » 1-2-3 BOX on ebay (shameless plug) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 1-2-3 BOX on ebay (shameless plug) 7 Votes - Average Rating: 4.147 Votes - Average Rating: 4.14
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

She/he wasn't raked over the coals we were just commenting how sad it is that the only talk about the 77s in the on topic section is about people getting rid of thier 77s music, not about how great it is or about people just discovering it, its about getting rid of it and trying to make a tidy profit. not that there is anything wrong with that.

btw we do have a thread in the off topic section about 77s stuff for sale on ebay so that people with holes in thier collection can fill them Cool

Was I ever on the inside?
02-15-2005 13:42 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by God-rules
Well yeah.

Tapes anyway

michaelalmosttapeless

awesome. Michael gets the award for making me laugh out loud today.
02-15-2005 15:16 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
Mudpappy Mudpappy is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

Registration Date: 02-10-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mudpappy

I'm getting up there in years, so I might need clarification: Are tapes not cool anymore?
And I was thinkin' this CD thing was a fad!

*Müdþaþþy
02-16-2005 08:27 Mudpappy is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy Homepage of Mudpappy Search for Posts by Mudpappy Add Mudpappy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Mudpappy: x YIM Account Name of Mudpappy: x View the MSN Profile for Mudpappy
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

It's up to $57.00 with 3 days, 18 hours and 29 minutes.

I got mine about 2 years ago for, I think, $54.

I've seen 'em get into the $70's on ebay.

I got into the 7's back in '93 (when I accepted Christ) and never thought I'd ever see this box set until ebay happened. I was glad - I just hope 'the boyz' got their $$ from Via back then (Via - is that correct??)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bubbaepp: 02-16-2005 11:15.

02-16-2005 11:14 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by Mudpappy
I'm getting up there in years, so I might need clarification: Are tapes not cool anymore?
And I was thinkin' this CD thing was a fad!

Cool is what you make of it, particular for those of us in that "mature" category.

Cool Roll them tapes with impunity. Cool

02-16-2005 13:55 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Mudpappy Mudpappy is a male

Registration Date: 02-10-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mudpappy

Someone on eBay is selling the individual CDs from the 123 box with the Buy It Now prices between $39 and $49 each! At least he's not posting his overpriced wares over the 77's message board! Big Grin

*Müdþaþþy
02-16-2005 15:56 Mudpappy is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy Homepage of Mudpappy Search for Posts by Mudpappy Add Mudpappy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Mudpappy: x YIM Account Name of Mudpappy: x View the MSN Profile for Mudpappy
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by Mudpappy
Someone on eBay is selling the individual CDs from the 123 box with the Buy It Now prices between $39 and $49 each! At least he's not posting his overpriced wares over the 77's message board! Big Grin

You know, I don't know why people put such outrageous prices on things that will have no chance of selling at said price. It happens with everything, it seems........cd's, action figures, vinyl. Sheesh, you'd think people would learn.....
02-16-2005 20:30 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Vis a Via Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

VIA Records, to my knowledge, made in the somewhere in the neighborhood of $100,000 in profit from the sales of 1-2-3 before CEO John Davis fled to Canada to avoid prosection for a mile-long list of unpaid bills to just about everyone they worked with. The name "Via" is now a proverb and a byword throughout Nashville and beyond.

With the exception of financing our 1-2-3 tour in 1995 with The Throes and several boxes of 1-2-3 for resale, we saw not a dime from VIA. Since we were hoping to finance our kids' college educations with the profits, this was a hard blow that we never really recovered from Confused
02-17-2005 01:09 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Wow. That is nothing short of awful. Frown
02-17-2005 02:16 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: Vis a Via Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yowzers...

If you guys decide to do a limited re-release of it, count me in on one!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
02-17-2005 04:32 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

RE: Vis a Via Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
VIA Records, to my knowledge, made in the somewhere in the neighborhood of $100,000 in profit from the sales of 1-2-3 before CEO John Davis fled to Canada to avoid prosection for a mile-long list of unpaid bills to just about everyone they worked with. The name "Via" is now a proverb and a byword throughout Nashville and beyond.

With the exception of financing our 1-2-3 tour in 1995 with The Throes and several boxes of 1-2-3 for resale, we saw not a dime from VIA. Since we were hoping to finance our kids' college educations with the profits, this was a hard blow that we never really recovered from Confused

Frown Frown Frown

I'm glad I was praying for restoration last night....

02-17-2005 04:35 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Mike,

I had heard that the VIA relationship was a terrible one and that you lost a lot of money on the deal - (caught glimpses of it on the 77sListserv).

I am so sorry that this transpired and that you came out on the losing end.

I appreciate you guys not giving up and continuing to persevere and make amazing music for your fans. It is very meaningful to know that through little to no profit - you all are still willing to put up the funds to keep releasing music.

Thank you.

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

02-17-2005 06:51 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
Yowzers...

If you guys decide to do a limited re-release of it, count me in on one!

me too

Was I ever on the inside?
02-17-2005 08:01 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

Some friends of mine went through a similar experience with REX records back in the day.

Sad and pathetic that labels do that.
02-17-2005 08:47 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by TJ 2.0
Some friends of mine went through a similar experience with REX records back in the day.

Sad and pathetic that labels do that.

i think everyone has friends who got screwed by REX...i know i have several Frown

02-17-2005 10:29 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Labels give us a false sense of assurance; sometimes in the crucible we find out what's really underneath them by seeing what oozes out of the teabag when we're in hot water.

(I just thought I'd throw in some cryptic metaphor, lest I disappoint my friend larry.)

02-17-2005 10:34 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
crucible.)

is it just me, or is this marti's favorite new word?

02-17-2005 11:13 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Registration Date: 06-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: The Funky Crow Thang
Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by phreak
Mike,

I had heard that the VIA relationship was a terrible one and that you lost a lot of money on the deal - (caught glimpses of it on the 77sListserv).

I appreciate you guys not giving up and continuing to persevere and make amazing music for your fans. It is very meaningful to know that through little to no profit - you all are still willing to put up the funds to keep releasing music.

Thank you.

~f

What he said.

(this is my official work photo, BTW... Tongue Shocked )
02-17-2005 11:19 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:
Originally posted by phreak
Mike,

Thank you.

~f

What he said.

thanks Carl... I find I take my 7's collection for granted - hours of great music... it has come at a steep price.

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

02-17-2005 12:00 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:
Originally posted by Marti
crucible.)

is it just me, or is this marti's favorite new word?

....marti's least favorite new hangout....

02-17-2005 13:56 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » 1-2-3 BOX on ebay (shameless plug)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH