77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » 1-2-3 BOX on ebay (shameless plug) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 1-2-3 BOX on ebay (shameless plug) 7 Votes - Average Rating: 4.147 Votes - Average Rating: 4.14
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mudpappy Mudpappy is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

Registration Date: 02-10-2005

1-2-3 BOX on ebay (shameless plug) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello,
I am selling my 77's 1-2-3 box set on ebay right now. If you don't feel like bidding, I have the "BUY IT NOW" price set at $73,519 which might save you some time............just kidding! Pleased

(note to self: allow sufficient time for uproarious laughter to subside)

But seriously, I just wanted to let y'all know, just in case there's somebody on the board who's been looking for this particular set.

Thanks!

*Müdþaþþy
02-10-2005 22:20 Mudpappy is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy Homepage of Mudpappy Search for Posts by Mudpappy Add Mudpappy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Mudpappy: x YIM Account Name of Mudpappy: x View the MSN Profile for Mudpappy
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey pappy,

Gotta link? It would help w/ the uproarious laughter part, if nothing else. Big Grin

Welcome, btw. I was in San Diego back in August.........GREAT town. Stayed at the Hilton (?), over by the Village.
02-11-2005 07:28 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

boomstick

might this be the one? Up to $51.00 as of this post....nice.
02-11-2005 07:32 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mudpappy
ebay link 1-2-3 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey there! Sorry about not providing the link - see if this works:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

I'm new to the whole message board scene, so I hope this reply makes it to the thread. San Diego is nice enough - except for the cost of living. I'm originally from the Ore-Ida area. It's raining here right now, so it's a little bit like home.

*Müdþaþþy
02-11-2005 09:23 Mudpappy is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy Homepage of Mudpappy Search for Posts by Mudpappy Add Mudpappy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Mudpappy: x YIM Account Name of Mudpappy: x View the MSN Profile for Mudpappy
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

RE: ebay link 1-2-3 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mudpappy
Hey there! Sorry about not providing the link - see if this works:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

I'm new to the whole message board scene, so I hope this reply makes it to the thread. San Diego is nice enough - except for the cost of living. I'm originally from the Ore-Ida area. It's raining here right now, so it's a little bit like home.

i would love to live in SD......it is beautiful there in the summer months. but you're right........COL is through the roof. Houses that around Chicago are in the 200k range, are 400-500k there. Crazy-talk.
02-11-2005 09:25 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List

It's gonna be a long time before I can afford my own house/apartment/condo here. I got into a little bit of debt over the past two years and am working my way back up to the middle. Still, it IS beautiful here. And I love the rain, unlike most of the locals. Overall, I'd say life is pretty good!

*Müdþaþþy
02-11-2005 09:32 Mudpappy is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy Homepage of Mudpappy Search for Posts by Mudpappy Add Mudpappy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Mudpappy: x YIM Account Name of Mudpappy: x View the MSN Profile for Mudpappy
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

....only $51?

02-11-2005 10:13 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
....only $51?

Yeah, but it's only been 1 day and like, what, 5 hours? It still has almost a full 9 days left.
02-11-2005 10:20 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List

To be honest, I have NO idea what the 1-2-3 box is worth or what it could possible go for. I watched ebay for awhile to get a general idea, but haven't seen a similar set up for auction, so I decided to just "go for it".
Does anybody have any idea what this thing might be worth? I paid much less than $50 for it back in '97, so I'm happy already.Smile )

*Müdþaþþy
02-11-2005 10:58 Mudpappy is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy Homepage of Mudpappy Search for Posts by Mudpappy Add Mudpappy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Mudpappy: x YIM Account Name of Mudpappy: x View the MSN Profile for Mudpappy
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

quote:
To be honest, I have NO idea what the 1-2-3 box is worth or what it could possible go for. I watched ebay for awhile to get a general idea, but haven't seen a similar set up for auction, so I decided to just "go for it".
Does anybody have any idea what this thing might be worth? I paid much less than $50 for it back in '97, so I'm happy already.Smile )

as i remember, i've seen them go for around $75 lately. i could be wrong though. i have it, so any auctions featuring one usually have only gotten a once-over from me.
02-11-2005 11:47 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List

$75 is not bad at all. I've never really listened to it (maybe one time each CD); It's a little too eighties for me. I prefer their 90's output, mostly Roe's solo stuff and the Lost Dogs' early work.

*Müdþaþþy
02-11-2005 12:08 Mudpappy is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy Homepage of Mudpappy Search for Posts by Mudpappy Add Mudpappy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Mudpappy: x YIM Account Name of Mudpappy: x View the MSN Profile for Mudpappy
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

quote:
$75 is not bad at all. I've never really listened to it (maybe one time each CD); It's a little too eighties for me. I prefer their 90's output, mostly Roe's solo stuff and the Lost Dogs' early work.

i'd at least copy it to the old harddrive or something, so that you at least have it. take it from someone who's experienced this more than once........you get rid of a cd that you swear you'll "NEVER listen to again", and 8 months later, you're looking for it on ebay. it stings, i tell ya.
02-11-2005 12:23 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List

I thought about that. In fact, I've only started becoming really interested in these early albums AFTER I decided to sell them. After doing research and reading different posts, etc., I'm suddenly finding it harder to sell this thing - which is funny, because I haven't listened to it since I first bought it. Anyway, that's a good idea. [It would be hilarious if I found myself bidding on this exact collection in another couple years.]

*Müdþaþþy
02-11-2005 12:29 Mudpappy is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy Homepage of Mudpappy Search for Posts by Mudpappy Add Mudpappy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Mudpappy: x YIM Account Name of Mudpappy: x View the MSN Profile for Mudpappy
j77
unregistered

A still sealed copy of 123 just sold last week on ebay for $71.00 plus shipping.
02-11-2005 14:05
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by j77
A still sealed copy of 123 just sold last week on ebay for $71.00 plus shipping.

still sealed? wow. somebody knew that thing was gonna be a gold mine one day.

now if i would have only had the foresight when i was 14 to not break the seals on my "7&7iS" box set.......THAT would have gone for some coin!
02-11-2005 14:28 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List

That's cool. I've been searching eBay for the past week or two, but couldn't find anything - I should've tried different spelling (123 vs. 1-2-3, etc.)

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4071286481&rd=1

(I'm link-happy now) Tongue

*Müdþaþþy
02-11-2005 14:41 Mudpappy is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy Homepage of Mudpappy Search for Posts by Mudpappy Add Mudpappy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Mudpappy: x YIM Account Name of Mudpappy: x View the MSN Profile for Mudpappy

Thumb Down! RE: 1-2-3 BOX on ebay (shameless plug) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can't stand these jerks who post notices of their their ebay auctions on this board...................waitaminute, I'M one of those jerks!

Sorry if doing so was inappropriate...

*Müdþaþþy
02-15-2005 11:12 Mudpappy is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy Homepage of Mudpappy Search for Posts by Mudpappy Add Mudpappy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Mudpappy: x YIM Account Name of Mudpappy: x View the MSN Profile for Mudpappy
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

RE: 1-2-3 BOX on ebay (shameless plug) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I can't stand these jerks who post notices of their their ebay auctions on this board...................waitaminute, I'M one of those jerks!

Sorry if doing so was inappropriate...

Ah, you must have run across the 7&7iS box set thread. I think some peeps thought that asking $250 Buy It Now was excessive, that was the reasoning behind the flames. Posting up your ebay auctions, 77s related or not, is NOT taboo here........heck I was the first to do it, and I'm still alive!! Big Grin Big Grin
02-15-2005 12:54 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List

RE: 1-2-3 BOX on ebay (shameless plug) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The 7&7is box set thread is what inspired my "buy it now" joke on my first post (I was asking for thousands of dollars). Then, today, I saw some poor girl get raked over the coals for having the Sticks And Stones CD for sale and posting here. Mostly, I don't care about the money as much as I'd like for someone who REALLY wants the box to get it...but some money is nice, too. I've dedicated half of my life to tracking down rare and out of print stuff from various bands (Thin Lizzy, Daniel Amos, Del Amitri, Resurrection Band, Merle Haggard, etc.), so I know what it's like to want and to not have. Pretty shallow, now that I think of it. After all, is life not MORE than CDs and tapes???

*Müdþaþþy
02-15-2005 13:22 Mudpappy is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy Homepage of Mudpappy Search for Posts by Mudpappy Add Mudpappy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Mudpappy: x YIM Account Name of Mudpappy: x View the MSN Profile for Mudpappy
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Well yeah.

Tapes anyway

michaelalmosttapeless

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
02-15-2005 13:42 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » 1-2-3 BOX on ebay (shameless plug)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH