77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » 77s "Sticks And Stones" 2012 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77s "Sticks And Stones" 2012 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

77s "Sticks And Stones" 2012 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

77s Unplugged - Michael Roe & David Leonhardt
"Sticks And Stones" tour, March 2012

Lo-Fidelity Records is pleased to announce the upcoming re-release of the classic 77s album, "Sticks And Stones"... Out of print since shortly after it's original release, we will be offering the album in CD and digital format, available online and on tour in March 2012. Please stay tuned for further details in the coming weeks on the expanded track list for this classic album. In support of the release, Michael Roe and David Leonhardt are excited to again tour as 77s Unplugged where they will perform songs from "Sticks And Stones" and the extensive 77s catalog.

Michael and David had this to say about the upcoming tour:

"It's been nearly 22 years since the release of "Sticks And Stones” and it will be exciting to have the album available again and celebrate the re-release with the fans who have loved it and supported us for all these years. I am also thrilled to be able to come play these tunes for you with my ‘ol 77s pal David Leonhardt, as we have not appeared together as a duo since the “It’s For You” tour 15 years ago. Dave and I have always had a bit of ESP going whenever we perform and we’ve missed that magical musical experience (along with the ridiculous humor) ever since." - Michael Roe

"I am really excited to be playing again with Mike. We always have a great time together and our musical influences generate some interesting moments on stage. Sometimes it gets us in trouble, but we'll try to avoid that. "Sticks And Stones" being re-released brings back lots of great memories and it will be fun to revisit those songs on the tour. That album had some of the coolest songs from that era, and this tour should be a great musical experience with "Sticks And Stones" as the background. Can't wait to see all of you again!" - David Leonhardt

77s Unplugged is also pleased to be scheduled to play Cornerstone 2012. Lo-Fidelity Records will be releasing an expanded version of the classic 77s live album, "Echos O' Faith" in time for the festival. To celebrate the re-release and 20th anniversary of the original recording, some configuration of the original "Echos O' Faith" lineup will appear at the festival. 77s Unplugged is currently scheduled to play on the Gallery Stage on Wednesday, July 4th, at 9:35PM. Please stay tuned for updates regarding the Cornerstone performance.

We are currently looking to fill the following dates in March -- all areas and dates are approximate:

Saturday - 3/10 - Dallas, Georgia (Atlanta area)
Area251/Reallife Church
251 W. Memorial Drive
Dallas, GA 30132
donations taken at the door
showtime: 7:30PM
www.area251reallife.org
area251@comcast.net
twitter: @area251_

Sunday - 3/11 - Greenville, South Carolina
College Park Worship Center
8211 White Horse Rd.
Greenville, SC 29617
Tickets - $10 at the door
6:30PM doors, Concert 7:00PM
www.collegeparkchurch.org

Monday - 3/12 - Fletcher, North Carolina (Asheville area)
Feed & Seed
3715 Hendersonville Road
Fletcher, NC 28732
donations taken at the door
showtime: 7:30PM
www.feedandseednc.com

Tuesday - 3/13 - Charlottesville, VA.
Calvary Chapel Charlottesville
1195 5th Street S.W. Charlottesville, VA. 22902
Tickets - $10
Doors 6:30PM, Showtime 7:30PM
Contact Chad Myhre at chadmyhre@lavabit.com for more info.

Wednesday - 3/14 - Virginia Beach, VA
Forefront Warehouse
2697 International Parkway, Suite 3-132
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
The show is free, though donations will be accepted.
7:00PM doors, Concert 7:30PM
http://www.stevejohnson.org/77s/

Thursday - 3/15 - Boyds, Maryland (Wash DC area)
Concerts On The Hill (house concert)
$20 suggested ticket donation
7:00PM doors, Concert 7:45PM
To reserve your seat and for more info, visit www.concertsonthehill.info

Friday - 3/16 - East Brunswick, New Jersey
The Zimmermans' Basement o' Sound
$12, Reserved Seating, Space is Limited
Tickets available here - http://tinyurl.com/6tqtzrd
7:00PM doors, Concert 7:30PM
Contact: Dean Zimmerman at dwzimmer@rci.rutgers.edu for more info

Saturday - 3/17 - New York, New York
The Stoop Concert Series 3rd Annual Live WCWP Radio Taping
(Performance to be recorded for a later broadcast on WCWP)
Church For All Nations
417 West 57th Street
New York, NY 10019.
The show is free, though donations ($12 suggested) will be accepted.
Guests giving the full suggested cover receive a free Stoop tote bag.
7:30PM Doors, Taping begins at 8pm.

Sunday - 3/18 - Lancaster Pennsylvania
Community Room on Prince (Above Prince St Cafe)
SOLD OUT!

Tuesday - 3/20 - Avon, New York
Bluebrick Recordings
5646 East Avon Lima Road
Avon NY 14414
Tickets $25 each and included dinner provided by Bluebrick Recordings
Purchase tickets via paypal thru Jesse Sprinkle - jessesprinkle@gmail.com
6:00PM dinner, 7:30 PMShowtime.
http://www.bluebrickrecordings.com/

Wednesday - 3/21 - Akron, Ohio
Musica
51 East Market St
Akron, OH 44306
$10 & $12 (see website for further info)
Doors 7:00PM, Showtime 7:30PM
http://www.akronmusica.com/

Thursday - 3/22 - Cincinnati, Ohio
Evans House Show
(house address provided with ticket purchase)
with The Double Downbeats - http://thedoubledownbeats.bandcamp.com/
Doors- 7:00PM, Showtime- 7:30PM
Tickets - $20 and only 25 seats are available.
Tickets available here - http://tinyurl.com/76nwvtk
Contact Lloyd Evans - loginame@ROCKETMAIL.COM for more info.

Friday - 3/23 - Aurora, Illinois (Chicagoland)
Warehouse Church
308 East Galena Boulevard
Aurora, IL 60505-3418
with A Horse & His Boy http://ahorseandhisboy.bandcamp.com/
Doors - 7:00PM, Showtime -7:30PM
Concert is free to attend, donations will be taken during the performance to pay the band.
Contact Randy Schoof at randyschoof@warehousechurch.org for more information

Saturday - 3/24 - Ames, Iowa
Zeke's
3329 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA 50014-7528
Doors - 7:00PM, Showtime - 8:00PM
Tickets $15 in advance/ $20 at the door
www.zekesames.com

Sunday - 3/25 - St. Louis MO
Brooks House Concert
(house address provided with ticket purchase)
Doors- 6:30PM, Showtime- 7:00PM
Tickets - $20 and only 25 seats are available.
Tickets available here - http://tinyurl.com/7v5blc5
Contact Marc Brooks for more info - 314-588-1928

Monday - 3/26 - Nashville TN
The Basement (below Grimey's New & Pre-Loved Music store)
(The Basement is a 21+ venue. No exceptions.)
1604 8th Ave So Nashville, Tn 37203
Doors 6:00PM, Shotwime - 7:00PM
Tickets - $10 at the door
www.thebasementnashville.com
02-18-2012 09:43 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
klempp
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-25-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Booo! No Michigan this time around! Would have loved to see David with Mike again!
Maybe again some time...hmmm...well we do have Derri and Steve coming!
02-18-2012 18:23 klempp is offline Send an Email to klempp Search for Posts by klempp Add klempp to your Buddy List
aladinsane aladinsane is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-10-2011
Favorite 77s album: Drowning

RE: 77s "Sticks And Stones" 2012 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ARRRGGGGG! I will be out of the country when Mike and Dave will be passing through NC... It's been about 16 years since I have seen Mike in concert.... What bad timing for me. Frown

edit: Hopefully you guys will get some good recordings in there and make a good live album. I really love "It's For You"- more of that type of thing would be nice.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by aladinsane: 02-27-2012 19:27.

02-27-2012 19:22 aladinsane is offline Search for Posts by aladinsane Add aladinsane to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ames again, and no way to get there again. That's why we have awlbums.

02-29-2012 22:20 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
johnnycashrules johnnycashrules is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 04-05-2012
Favorite 77s album: sticks and stones

Sad RE: 77s "Sticks And Stones" 2012 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am so upset, I live in Dallas, Ga. and I am just now finding out that you guys played here in March. I thought I was on your email list. I could have brought a group. Oh well, please send me a heads up next time.

04-05-2012 13:09 johnnycashrules is offline Send an Email to johnnycashrules Search for Posts by johnnycashrules Add johnnycashrules to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: 77s "Sticks And Stones" 2012 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That’s really unfortunate Mr. Cash. We sent this out to everyone on every mailing list and splashed it hard all over Facebook.

Perhaps you should sign up with us all over again?

p.s. the show in Dallas sucked (first night of the tour), but we should be back around late June/early July and hopefully you can catch us then!
04-05-2012 14:09 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
johnnycashrules johnnycashrules is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 04-05-2012
Favorite 77s album: sticks and stones

Thanx, I'll be waiting with baited breath (whatever that means - I've never quite understood it) for the July dates. BTW, congrats on the write up in Christianity Today - you can still pull the pub.

04-06-2012 10:14 johnnycashrules is offline Send an Email to johnnycashrules Search for Posts by johnnycashrules Add johnnycashrules to your Buddy List
klempp
Someone New

Oh does that mean that we could get you to come up here to MI this time then on the second part of the tour? I would love to see you guys again
04-06-2012 19:27 klempp is offline Send an Email to klempp Search for Posts by klempp Add klempp to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Get us a gig!

quote:
Originally posted by klempp
Oh does that mean that we could get you to come up here to MI this time then on the second part of the tour? I would love to see you guys again
04-06-2012 21:53 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
klempp
Someone New

I'll try! I was really bummed you came so close but not into MI. I would love to see you at Trinity House again!
04-09-2012 07:13 klempp is offline Send an Email to klempp Search for Posts by klempp Add klempp to your Buddy List
luthierj luthierj is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 05-23-2012
Favorite 77s album: pray naked

Any chance of coming to Colorado? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That would be great. The last time I saw Mike here was maybe 10 years ago, at the Soiled Dove in LoDo.
05-24-2012 16:44 luthierj is offline Send an Email to luthierj Search for Posts by luthierj Add luthierj to your Buddy List
gingeflixen
Someone New

Registration Date: 05-01-2010

The 77s in Houston! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

CrossPoint EightTen 1106 Witte Rd. Houston, TX 77055
June 24 2012
Doors: 6:30 pm
Show: 7:00 pm
Tickets: $10
Facebook event link:
http://www.facebook.com/events/235626039885473/
05-30-2012 15:14 gingeflixen is offline Search for Posts by gingeflixen Add gingeflixen to your Buddy List
Uncle Remus Uncle Remus is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-577.jpg

Registration Date: 02-08-2005

Doc,

Can't wait to see you in New Orleans. Haven't seen a 77s show since '94 in Memphis.
06-05-2012 18:05 Uncle Remus is offline Search for Posts by Uncle Remus Add Uncle Remus to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Uncle Remus: yoknapatawpha_lawyer
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

I was wondering if the summer unplugged tour is the same playlist as the previous spring unplugged tour.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cynthia: 06-30-2012 05:53.

06-28-2012 20:17 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Dar77 Dar77 is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 11-02-2011
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

Leaving my house now for the 77s concert in East Troy Wis Smile

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Inscribed on Jackie Robinson's tombstone.
07-03-2012 12:53 Dar77 is offline Send an Email to Dar77 Homepage of Dar77 Search for Posts by Dar77 Add Dar77 to your Buddy List
Dar77 Dar77 is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 11-02-2011
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

Just got home and am ready to hit the rack! What a great time with great people! I guess my "big scruffy looking guy in a white shirt" description was good enogh for Cynthia to find me Smile It was nice to meet everyone. I have to say that the end seat on the couch was the best concert seat EVER!
It was a small, but very appreciative crowd. Thanks to the FUNK HOUSE for making this possible! And of course, thank you Mike and Dave for one of the best concerts I will ever have the joy of seeing.

Until next time.

Have a great time in the last (for now) C-stone! Take LOTS of pictures...and not just of the freaky road signs along the way....but yes, those too.

God Bless,

Dar77

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Inscribed on Jackie Robinson's tombstone.
07-03-2012 22:55 Dar77 is offline Send an Email to Dar77 Homepage of Dar77 Search for Posts by Dar77 Add Dar77 to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

I agree that it was a great concert. The energy and talent that both Mike and Dave put into their guitars in love without dreams was amazing and was worth going just to hear that alone. I'd been listening to the old echoes of faith album all week and this concert was every bit as good as they were 20 some years ago if not better. True talent never fades.
It was very nice to meet you Darren. It's always nice to meet another sevens fan. The golf shirt is what gave it away. Hope you're able to come out to another concert at Funk's.

07-04-2012 05:43 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

Thanks to those of you that have posted videos from this tour on Youtube. I was trying to get a show booked in Springfield, but logistics just didn't work this time.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
07-05-2012 06:37 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Cynthia
Mezzo

My husband actually streamed the funk house concert over his I phone to his brother who then also streamed it to a friend. Not sure how that worked, but it went from wi to il to ny. (I personally was not involved and didn't even know he was doing it. Just saying. )

07-06-2012 16:16 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Second leg of tour is going to be a few feet from our house...ok, twenty minutes away. Planning to be there with my daughter.

09-30-2012 11:26 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » 77s "Sticks And Stones" 2012

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH