77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » "Darkest Night" live cover » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "Darkest Night" live cover
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
studio246 studio246 is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 11-30-2004

"Darkest Night" live cover Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If anyone's interested, I've posted a live recording of me and my daughters (and some very talented friends) performing The Dogs' "Darkest Night" for this year's Good Friday service.

Facebook's new policies about music uploads sort of scare me, especially when it comes to songs I didn't write. So instead of uploading the recording to my Facebook page, I've posted it here for download:

http://homepage.mac.com/broderson/Darkest.mp3

I especially liked the cello and muted trumpet (thanks, Patrick and Scott!)

Steve Broderson
04-28-2010 07:32 studio246 is offline Send an Email to studio246 Homepage of studio246 Search for Posts by studio246 Add studio246 to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well done. Cool

like you said, the cello and trumpets are nice Big Grin

04-28-2010 10:09 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That was simply awesome. Cool

04-29-2010 17:57 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Big Jim Big Jim is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

RE: "Darkest Night" live cover Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great tune...and this was an awesome cover of the song. Kudos to you and your daughters, Steve!

Jim
04-30-2010 09:00 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: "Darkest Night" live cover Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sounds great!

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
bikes.jpg

04-30-2010 11:20 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
studio246 studio246 is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 11-30-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by studio246
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks, guys. As you can imagine, in a traditional Methodist "service of darkness" this was a real stand-out tune. Candles... all of us dressed in black... Everyone wanted to know "Whose song was THAT?" I was more than happy to tell 'em.

Broderson
04-30-2010 19:16 studio246 is offline Send an Email to studio246 Homepage of studio246 Search for Posts by studio246 Add studio246 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » "Darkest Night" live cover

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH