77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » Michael Roe House Concerts » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Michael Roe House Concerts
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Michael Roe House Concerts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We are anticipating the Michael Roe House Concert tour to run from July 5-31.

With the success of other house concerts, we are thinking your house, backyard, or wherever, would be the perfect venue and best way for folks to experience Mike Roe's music and song, possibly for the very first time. Mike has invited friends and musical guests to accompany him on this living room journey, so you never know what surprises may be in store.

There will be a contract for you to sign.

Promoters would provide:
* A clean, safe, performance space that will comfortably seat a minimum of 20 people, with room for a small PA (provided by Mike) and a "stage" area close to electric outlets large enough to accommodate an amp, a couple of guitars, microphones, etc, plus a table where merchandise can be sold.

* A minimum of 2 volunteers to be available from the time Mike arrives until his departure, to help with load-in, set-up, and load-out, and at least one trustworthy person over the age of 21, who is able to make change, to sell merchandise.

* A commitment to promote your show! We can't do it for you, though we will post your concert on the announcement lists, message boards and websites. You must get the word out in your neighborhoods, friends, church, workplace, etc, to get people out to your show.

No tickets will be sold at the door. We will pre-sell a set number of tickets on various websites before the show (including myspace and Facebook). Tickets will be $20. You will be provided with a detailed list before the show of everyone who will be coming. You will not have to deal with any money. (You will be provided with up to 4 free tickets for the show.)

You have the freedom to make this a party! Have fun! Make it a finger food potluck! Make ice cream! Have a barbeque! You name it!

Outdoor shows are generally discouraged during the summer due to unpredictability and extremes of weather conditions, and must be cleared by us beforehand. In the event we approve your space for it, the area must be covered and protected from the sun. You must also have an alternate venue in case of an emergency. The show must go on, rain or shine.

There will be more specifics in the actual contract you will sign.

Please let us know asap if you're interested in booking a show.

Linda
--
Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS
Artist Management and Promotion
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
Linda@LAMConcerts.com
http://lamconcerts.com
05-10-2009 00:09 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Excellent!
Cool

05-10-2009 12:15 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just wanted to encourage anyone who hasn't booked a Mike show, to talk to Linda about booking a show for this tour. Without gushing too much, having Mike play at my church was an excellent experience all around. I didn't do it for years because of various reasons, but the way this tour is set up for promoters is a good chance for you if you've not ever booked a show.

No, I don't work for Mike or Linda! Big Grin

Also, Linda, I was wondering if the "master class" option will be available for this tour?!???

05-11-2009 09:45 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
lam77s

Thread Starter Thread Started by lam77s

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Also, Linda, I was wondering if the "master class" option will be available for this tour?!???

Yes, the master class will be available, but probably only once a week. It's hard for Mike to hold a class for an hour or so and then sing. Keep your eyes open and your ear to the ground!

Linda
05-11-2009 23:13 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Sharon Sharon is a female
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-07-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88 Miserable Crows Drowning

Are the house concerts limited to certain states or regions?

05-12-2009 20:10 Sharon is offline Send an Email to Sharon Search for Posts by Sharon Add Sharon to your Buddy List
lam77s

Thread Starter Thread Started by lam77s

quote:
Originally posted by Sharon
Are the house concerts limited to certain states or regions?

Well, we're working on the midwest, east coast, and southern states at this particular moment. Give me a call or shoot me an email if you're interested.

Linda
---

Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS
Artist Management and Promotion
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
Linda@LAMConcerts.com
http://lamconcerts.com
05-16-2009 23:26 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

myspace has stuff listed now, barebones some details but an encouraging list!

05-20-2009 16:34 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Big Jim Big Jim is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

NJ Show 7/21 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Folks,

There will be a master class and show in the central NJ area on 7/21. I'm working on nailing down a venue and still have a few ideas left to try. However, if anyone else also has any venue ideas for central NJ (i.e. basically anyone willing to give up a space that could hold 20+ people for an evening), then please let me know and I will look into it. You can e-mail me off-line at lostdogsconcert@verizon.net. Thanks!

Jim O'Dell
05-21-2009 09:17 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
Sharon Sharon is a female
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-07-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88 Miserable Crows Drowning

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E

Yay!!! Dayton, OH - July 11

http://www.myspace.com/micro77s

05-21-2009 21:27 Sharon is offline Send an Email to Sharon Search for Posts by Sharon Add Sharon to your Buddy List
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

quote:
quote:

Wow! I'll have to check in to this one!!
05-22-2009 16:12 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
pattipants pattipants is a female
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-553.gif

Registration Date: 03-23-2009
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

RE: Michael Roe House Concerts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

GREETINGS FANS
I'm working on a House Show for Ithaca NY. I have been unpleasantly surprised to find or NOT find shall I say, The Fans of Michael Roe after several email canvases. I am wondering if they all moved south or something? Anyway I am pressing on and have been given, by my dear daughter in Kentucky the name of another fan here who may be able to find the rest of them here in our fair city.
Any Ithaca Peeps out there,Please do GIVE ME A HOllA! I intend for this to happen and I'm now switching gears to create new fans in time for a show. Apparently the youngsters (20-35) here don't know about Michael, the 77's, or the Choir. This is based on a conversation with one of my young hipster friends at the Co-op bout 30 min. ago. How is this possible. I'm disturbed. I can assume he also hasn't heard of VOL or Adam Again either, such deprivation I can't imagine.
Confused
Big Grin Pattipants
msmcintosh57@yahoo.com

05-23-2009 11:07 pattipants is offline Send an Email to pattipants Homepage of pattipants Search for Posts by pattipants Add pattipants to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of pattipants: msmcintosh57
Ron E Ron E is a male

RE: Michael Roe House Concerts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

so now, you're coming to Guelph, Ontario, during a week when I'm in Guelph, Ontario? Its a sign!

06-01-2009 10:52 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! CooL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

07/31/09, 8pm, House Concert, Stillwater, MN (St Paul area)
SOLD OUT !

well, it is CooL if you have a ticket Big Grin like I do Cool

06-01-2009 11:38 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

quote:
Originally posted by zing
quote:
quote:

Wow! I'll have to check in to this one!!

What!! Delware Ohio!!! Even better!! Can't wait to see the details!!

(Might have to check them both out!!!)
06-01-2009 15:59 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male

So now, Mike is coming less than 20 minutes from my house, and I'm out of town Frown

06-09-2009 07:15 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Question who's Michael Miller Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
07/31/09, 8pm, House Concert, Stillwater, MN (St Paul area)
SOLD OUT !
well, it is CooL if you have a ticket Big Grin like I do Cool

I guess I will be seeing him so, I better check him out.

http://www.michaelmillercrusade.com/

http://www.myspace.com/michaelmillercrusade

06-10-2009 11:33 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Baby Elvis

House Concert/Master Class Session in East Brunswick, NJ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

77's MBers:

Come see Mike Roe and special guest Michael Miller in an intimate environment in East Brunswick, NJ (central NJ area) on Tuesday, 7/21! You have the opportunity to buy tickets for a Master Class session with the good Doctor at 5:30 pm as well as to buy tickets for the concert, which will be happening at the same location at 7:30 pm. Tickets for the Master Class session and the concert are separate events and as such are sold separately.

If you live in NJ or anywhere close (or even if you don't and you want to make a vacation out of it Smile , come on out, but hurry fast as space is limited! As you guys know, the only way to buy tickets for the Master Class session and/or the concert is by visiting one of the following spaces and purchasing tickets there:

http://www.lamconcerts.com
http://www.77s.com
http://www.michaelroe.com

Oh, if anyone has any questions, please send an e-mail to: NJRoeshow@verizon.net. Thanks!

Hope to see some of you there!

Jim O'Dell

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Big Jim: 06-11-2009 09:59.

06-11-2009 09:56 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List

Everybody here has seen the concert list, I'm sure, but just in case they haven't, here's a reminder for those of you within driving distance of Toledo, OH.

A friend of mine is bringing Mike into a church in Delta, OH, which is in the Toledo, OH area. The show is July 9. I grew up in Toledo, so I'll be making the drive back for the show. I saw both Mike and the 7's there, so I know there are some fans in the area, and hopefully there are some on this board.

Delta's about 20 minutes west of Toledo, OH, and you can contact the promoter at: jtjoyner AT hotmail DOT com

Happy concert going!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 06-29-2009 21:11.

06-29-2009 21:08 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Baby Elvis

Cool Terry Taylor and Friends, Mike Roe House Concerts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, you guys know about the Mike Roe master class and concert in East Brunswick, NJ on 7/21. If not, now you do - check it out and purchase tix at http://www.LAMConcerts.com or http://www.77s.com or http://www.michaelroe.com. The master class and the concert will only happen if there is a certain number of tickets sold for each event. Five more tickets need to be sold for the master class and ten more tickets need to be sold for the concert in order for these events to happen!

The Terry Taylor and Friends show (which includes Steve Hindalong and Terry's son Andrew) is also coming in 12 days to East Brunswick, NJ on 7/12! For more info, please contact Dean Zimmerman at dwzimmer@rci.rutgers.edu. There is also a website at http://home.comcast.net/~dzimmerman2/sit...nds_in_Concert/ and a Facebook events page for those who are on FB: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=112109631102&ref=ts

Some of you may have been fortunate enough to attend the Lost Dogs show in Somerset, NJ in July 2007 that I promoted. These July 2009 shows are going to be even more intimate and I would like to recreate that sense of community we had for the Lost Dogs show back in '07. Dean Zimmerman's home is the host for both the Taylor and Roe's shows and we are working together to bring these world-class fellas in. Let me tell you - Dean's home is a great space for these shows!

If you guys know of anyone who is interested in these shows, please help us spread the word all over the East Coast! Hope to see you there!

Jim O'Dell
06-30-2009 07:17 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

I see that we have a KC-area venue. I will talk to my interested parties here, and we'll see what happens.

06-30-2009 13:17 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » Michael Roe House Concerts

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH