77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Cornerstone 2008 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cornerstone 2008
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

RE: Cornerstone 2008 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Our gallery set
My solo set the next day ...and dragged Jimmy A. with me.
The 77's "worship set" on Mainstage

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f114/s...erstone%202008/

quote:
It's been good to see many of your faces.

Roll Eyes I could tell you were happy to see me Tongue
07-07-2008 11:29 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

RE: Cornerstone 2008 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by LuR KiNG
quote:
Our gallery set
My solo set the next day ...and dragged Jimmy A. with me.
The 77's "worship set" on Mainstage

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f114/s...erstone%202008/

quote:
It's been good to see many of your faces.

Roll Eyes I could tell you were happy to see me Tongue

No that was his guitar slide in his pocket Big Grin

Michaelcouldn'thelpit

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
07-07-2008 12:17 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin

no, he looked at me like, oh great this GuY again...

I must have crossed the line between Friendly FaN to Crazed Stalker DuDe somewhere down the line... sorry...

oh, well. he still signed the set list for me. thanks Mike. Cool
07-07-2008 12:59 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Big Grin

no, he looked at me like, oh great this GuY again...

I must have crossed the line between Friendly FaN to Crazed Stalker DuDe somewhere down the line... sorry...

oh, well. he still signed the set list for me. thanks Mike. Cool

This guy wasn't you was it?

quote:
Unfortunately, some idiot walked onstage and begged an 'encore'.

Tongue

07-07-2008 14:02 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:

Don't feel too bad about your stalking ways. I kept checking out the merch table every time I saw one of Mike's shows to see if there was something I missed, or something that wasn't put out before. And, there was: copies of Boot Level, I think.

I had a question that maybe Mike or someone else can answer. Do the sound people record any of these shows? I know there have been official releases of Gallery stage shows, and I've heard a couple of C-Stone soundboard recordings, but I was wondering if they record every show. They certainly should, even if it's only for posterity. It would also give me hope that soundboards of some of the shows I've seen there will eventually see the light of day in some form.

Rez Band had some recording equipment there (looked like a couple of ADAT's or something like it), so maybe that equipment stuck around for the 7's? Perhaps? Big Grin

Also, I've come to notice that Dr. Love remembers my wife every time we talk to him, but he never remembers me. What gives, huh? I've been a fan of yours for way longer! Tongue

07-07-2008 15:13 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Also, I've come to notice that Dr. Love remembers my wife every time we talk to him, but he never remembers me.

Tongue LOL! Tongue

That is way too funny! Big Grin

I guess nobody goes into Rock-N-Roll to meet other Dudes! Tongue
07-08-2008 17:12 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List

quote:
I guess nobody goes into Rock-N-Roll to meet other Dudes!

Well, there are a few I could think of... Big Grin

07-08-2008 18:58 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
quote:
I guess nobody goes into Rock-N-Roll to meet other Dudes!

Well, there are a few I could think of... Big Grin

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Tongue
07-08-2008 19:01 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

Big Grin hilarious Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Also, I've come to notice that Dr. Love remembers my wife every time we talk to him, but he never remembers me.

Tongue LOL! Tongue That is way too funny! Big Grin I guess nobody goes into Rock-N-Roll to meet other Dudes! Tongue

I loved Mikes comment about the Screaming, Dancing Wild Chick at the Marietta, Georgia show...

"It's nice to have a Chick here, we have been playing to a bunch of old, fat, bald GuYs for the last Ten years."

I am bringing my WiFe to the Next show Cool

I TooK her & the Kids to see Beki Hemingway last night,
there is definitely a difference in the conversation etc. when you are with your WiFe or Family, then just by yourself.
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f114/s...y%207%208%2008/

YeS, this is still On-Topic, I am wearing my 77s T, it still has Cornerstone Dust on it.
07-09-2008 06:28 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

Oh PLEASE tell me that SOMEONE SOMEWHERE properly recorded a show on this tour!!!! It needs to be heard over and over. I did tape it on a little tape player but that sucks in sound and I would love to get a good sounding live recording of it!!
07-09-2008 07:42 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

DaLe - Beki Hemingway!!!!!

Man I miss her. She used to be in Chitown area and we could catch her sometimes. Plus she did C-Stone a few times.

I quit looking at her site because she was never touring. Please tell me Erik was at that show too (if you know what I mean).

Michaelummmmthe77srockdude-stayingon-topic

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
07-09-2008 08:42 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by God-rules
Please tell me Erik was at that show too (if you know what I mean).

NoPe, he could not make it. I think a BooT would have BeeN muddy...

it was Free at a coffee shop. Cool

so think lost of kids running around screaming, crying, talking, dancing,
a few people having a meeting at one table talking loudly,
an espresso machine going every five min. or so...
door opening & closing every min. otherwise great Show Big Grin
07-09-2008 12:20 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

RE: hilarious Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

"It's nice to have a Chick here, we have been playing to a bunch of old, fat, bald GuYs for the last Ten years."

What? Shocked
I may be old and fat, but I'm only a little bald!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 07-10-2008 00:13.

07-09-2008 18:23 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Thread Starter Thread Started by Marti

No drama there--they had at least one chick on the front row at Ames.

This reminds me of the guy that was amazed that a female would come into his store looking for 77s albums, because they're a "guy's band".

07-09-2008 18:30 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List

quote:
Oh PLEASE tell me that SOMEONE SOMEWHERE properly recorded a show on this tour!!!! It needs to be heard over and over. I did tape it on a little tape player but that sucks in sound and I would love to get a good sounding live recording of it!!

It wasn't me, but I think somebody did. Cool

07-09-2008 19:25 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

quote:
quote:

I asked a guy right after the show, )who was putting his recording equip. away,) about getting a copy.

he told me to go on the internet to somewhere called recycled sounds Confused that is where he trades his boots... I have had no luck finding it Mad
07-10-2008 05:45 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Thread Starter Thread Started by Marti

quote:
quote:
quote:

I asked a guy right after the show, )who was putting his recording equip. away,) about getting a copy.

he told me to go on the internet to somewhere called recycled sounds Confused that is where he trades his boots... I have had no luck finding it Mad

Recycled Sounds

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 07-10-2008 06:23.

07-10-2008 06:22 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

thanks Marti, he did not tell me it was a yahoo group.
07-10-2008 06:45 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

RE: hilarious Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

Tongue LOL! Tongue That is way too funny! Big Grin I guess nobody goes into Rock-N-Roll to meet other Dudes! Tongue

I loved Mikes comment about the Screaming, Dancing Wild Chick at the Marietta, Georgia show...

I am bringing my WiFe to the Next show Cool

I TooK her & the Kids to see Beki Hemingway last night,
there is definitely a difference in the conversation etc. when you are with your WiFe or Family, then just by yourself.
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f114/s...y%207%208%2008/

YeS, this is still On-Topic, I am wearing my 77s T, it still has Cornerstone Dust on it.

Is that your wife on the left? She looks like a really sweet person. Happy

07-11-2008 11:56 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

Out just in time Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All of you guys who went to Cornerstone got out just in time. The weather has turned back to it's norm and so it's a high of 90 with high humidity in IL. And that's Northern IL, so it would be even hotter down by Cornerstone! Whew...

07-11-2008 11:58 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Cornerstone 2008

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH