77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » The 77s - Holy Ghost Building » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The 77s - Holy Ghost Building 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

The 77s - Holy Ghost Building Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Post your reviews here... Happy
06-20-2008 23:16 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: The 77s - Holy Ghost Building Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeh, uh huh......well.......so...............

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
prayer meeting.jpg

06-20-2008 23:38 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

RE: The 77s - Holy Ghost Building Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Yeh, uh huh......well.......so...............

Is that a review?? Happy I can't imagine the concert didn't sound great.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cynthia: 06-21-2008 07:22.

06-21-2008 07:21 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
snowblind snowblind is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-404.gif

Registration Date: 03-28-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The CD is awesome. The show was awesome. Mike was lucid. Bruce was semi-lucid.

Really though, the CD is great. I just wish (hope?) it could get heard on a grander scale. Maybe I'll give a more detailed review later.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by snowblind: 06-21-2008 08:16.

06-21-2008 08:12 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i didn't get home until 1:20am, and i had family stuff to do this morning...

i'll be spinning it this afternoon...

06-21-2008 08:28 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

good LORD!!!

this disc is amazing. i was expecting something brilliant... but i don't even think i was capable of imagining the level brilliance i hear on this...

is there an opener slot for robert randolph, or the black crowes this year? if so, i have a nomination....

hell.... maybe they should open for the 77s.....

06-21-2008 14:34 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

if mike has any interest in mainstream CCM play, this is the album to get it...

the timing would be perfect, with the hymns albums being hot the last few years.....

and i think it could get serious play, and be very popular.

06-22-2008 15:07 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

quote:
Originally posted by larryl

the timing would be perfect, with the hymns albums being hot the last few years.....

I hope you're right on, Larryl!

Cool

06-22-2008 17:00 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Is "He's A Mighty Good Leader" the Skip James song
that Beck kicks of "One Foot in the Grave" with??

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 06-22-2008 19:30.

06-22-2008 19:29 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

quote:

Very good point. We can thank both the late Larry Norman and the late Johnny Cash for much of that (along with Alison Strauss and Robert Plant). Cool

06-22-2008 19:46 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Yeah...but Mike bothered to tune before he recorded!

(ps...I dig Beck...but he could have tuned!)

jeffrey k.

06-22-2008 20:36 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

RE: "We tune because we care." Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Yeah...but Mike bothered to tune before he recorded!

(ps...I dig Beck...but he could have tuned!)

jeffrey k.

Tongue LOL Tongue

Too funny. Yeah that whole record has those out of tune sound that either makes it or breaks it. (I think it makes it.)

I think that is my favorite Beck album.

I can't wait to hear Mike's take on it. Very cool.

Pleased

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 06-23-2008 02:58.

06-23-2008 02:57 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Could someone please post a positive review of the album at the Arts and Faith board (artsandfaith.com). I think it could generate significant sales for the boys. I started a thread there but have not heard the album yet. Thank you.
06-25-2008 13:58 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

It is very good. Classic gospel, blues and boogie-woogie from start to finish! Cool
06-25-2008 15:38 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

my 9 yr old, who has never cared about dad's music, suddenly wants a copy of this........ Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

06-25-2008 16:17 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
dennis
Happy Roy

This album once again shows that The 77s are once again carrying on the legacy of
The great and noble tradition of Rock and Roll.

Back to the beginning of Rock-n-Roll.
When Rock-n-Roll still had real humanity.
When Rock-n-Roll was blues, gospel and boogie-woogie.
When Rock-n-Roll showed the whole of life with songs about work, family, life and religion.

The tradition of Johnny Cash.
Jerry Lee Lewis.
Elvis.
Carl Perkins.
Skip James.
Little Richard.

This is what Holy Ghost Building is about.
Oh yes, it's good. It's really good.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 06-25-2008 19:04.

06-25-2008 17:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by Gur
Could someone please post a positive review of the album at the Arts and Faith board (artsandfaith.com). I think it could generate significant sales for the boys. I started a thread there but have not heard the album yet. Thank you.

Done. Big Grin
06-25-2008 19:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
my 9 yr old, who has never cared about dad's music, suddenly wants a copy of this........ Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

My 20-year-old wants a copy of this album, and will probably get one for his birthday. He was vastly impressed and is 110% 77s fan after the show last night.

06-25-2008 21:23 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by Gur

I registered, and will try to have something up in the next few days. I started the album this morning, but had to leave for an appointment.

btw--where is the thread? The search feature isn't working for me from here.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 06-25-2008 22:39.

06-25-2008 22:00 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Thanks Marti and D! Smile
The thread is down near the bottom of the first page of the music section.
06-26-2008 15:58 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » The 77s - Holy Ghost Building

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH