77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » Mike Roe "John The Baptist" tour 2008 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mike Roe "John The Baptist" tour 2008 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the DOC started it!!!!

04-17-2008 17:26 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know.. just reminding everyone.. Happy
04-17-2008 18:31 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

I'm not sure Jason...? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It all depends on what the list of offending words is -- this common synonym for 'rooster' may not necessarily make the list.

Is there a way we can test it and find out?

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
pray naked again.jpg

04-17-2008 23:36 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

I am just glad he wasn't cocked and loaded. I can assure you that none of that happened before the show.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
04-18-2008 05:47 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Last night in Rock Island was great!

I won't go into detail about the tour because everyone has done so already, and done it well. I will say it was different in that the slide playing was something I've only seen Mike do once, for one song, so last night was a bit of revelation. Hearing the new disc was impressive. It's exactly how I thought it would sound, and of course it's excellent. The guy who hosted the show was really nice, and I finally got to meet Jeffrey K. The biggest point of interest for me was the Steve Scott song, "Stranger Won't You Change Your Sinful Ways", which I'm listening to right now from last night. I assumed Scott was this 80's synth pop guy, and couldn't figure out why the 7's covered his tunes. Now it makes more sense. It's a really good Gospel tune, in the best sense of that word.

Since the show was in a drug store, Mike joked about never using his music to sell drugs (except Ambien, of course), and did the Ambien commercial before playing "The Lust..." A great verison of "Kites Without Strings", as well as "Blue Sky", "Smokescreen" and "Do It For Love" rounded out the encore. We even got to howl at the end of "Smokescreen", per Mike's request!

I got "Guilty Pleasures" and "Roesbuds" courtesy of Mike's laptop, too, and was glad to hear Mike's version of "Help Me Understand" alone, and the rest of the stuff was really good.

I was wondering a couple of things: are there any postings of cover art and/or recording dates or other pertinent info for the fan club releases on the website? Also, the version of "Sneakers" is different from the released version. Is there a full outtake of this lying around that one day might be released? The short sections that are on the disc are really cool!

04-18-2008 08:08 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

04-18-2008 08:57 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Tennis Shoes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Also, the version of "Sneakers" is different from the released version. Is there a full outtake of this lying around that one day might be released? The short sections that are on the disc are really cool!

>>> It's different cuz it wasn't finished yet. This was a vocal session, not a 'version'. I don't know if there are any rough mixes of Sneakers or not. I just find this stuff lying around the house occasionally, and I wanted to release this one 'cuz my daughter is on it when she was little and it warms my heart Tongue

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
leaving.jpg

04-18-2008 09:34 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:
This was a vocal session, not a 'version'.

Well, I figured that at first, and then it sounded to me like it was a different tempo. Maybe I'll have to compare the two to see what my ears misheard.

BTW, it was very cute, with both me and my wife saying, "Awwww"! Smile

Is there any list of where all these tracks came from (dates, sessions, etc.)?

04-18-2008 09:44 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

What a bunch of corksuckers!!!!!!

04-18-2008 09:46 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
JR88 JR88 is a male

RE: Tennis Shoes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Also, the version of "Sneakers" is different from the released version. Is there a full outtake of this lying around that one day might be released? The short sections that are on the disc are really cool!

>>> It's different cuz it wasn't finished yet. This was a vocal session, not a 'version'. I don't know if there are any rough mixes of Sneakers or not. I just find this stuff lying around the house occasionally, and I wanted to release this one 'cuz my daughter is on it when she was little and it warms my heart Tongue

the cockles or the sub-cockles? as denis leary would say Big Grin

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c262/sevens_1974/ROESBUDS-1.jpg[/IMG]]Den
is Leary (warning for lyrical content)

LOL

j/k
daughters are great! I have one and another on the way Big Grin

04-18-2008 09:49 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
JR88 JR88 is a male

RE: Tennis Shoes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

the cockles or the sub-cockles? as denis leary would say Big Grin

Denis Leary (warning for lyrical content)

LOL

j/k
daughters are great! I have one and another on the way Big Grin

04-18-2008 09:49 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
ccochran
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
3 camera shoot?

someone call the dork.... we need a new DVD! Big Grin

The dork put out some nice videos and fancy cover art, but did he ever bring you a multi-angle camera shoot?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuq8DM9Xzb4&feature=user
Check the credits.

But hey, if he wants to do all the work on this one, that would be fine with me. It will probably be months before I'll have time to do anything with my tapes. I also need to see if Danny can get me a copy from his angle (which was pretty similar to my angle).
04-18-2008 11:38 ccochran is offline Send an Email to ccochran Search for Posts by ccochran Add ccochran to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

quote:
Originally posted by ccochran
quote:
3 camera shoot?

The dork put out some nice videos and fancy cover art, but did he ever bring you a multi-angle camera shoot?
Check the credits.

But hey, if he wants to do all the work on this one, that would be fine with me. It will probably be months before I'll have time to do anything with my tapes. I also need to see if Danny can get me a copy from his angle (which was pretty similar to my angle).

don't take it personally...... i don't think i've ever seen your work!

04-18-2008 11:40 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
ccochran
Someone New

RE: Springfield, MO Roe Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
WHAT?!?!?

Seacock was there and didn't come up and say hi or introduce himself?

AAARRGGHHH -- he always does this to me. Probably 'cuz he doesn't want me to call him 'Seacock' in front of anyone, but I always have a warm welcome for the Cock Happy

That...and I know I'll never live up to the BIG expectations you have for the Cock. The more the legend Grows the more impotent i appear.
04-18-2008 11:54 ccochran is offline Send an Email to ccochran Search for Posts by ccochran Add ccochran to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
RE: I'm not sure Jason...? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
It all depends on what the list of offending words is -- this common synonym for 'rooster' may not necessarily make the list.

Is there a way we can test it and find out?

Well... if the site gets blocked again... it might be that word or it might be something else somewhere else on the board. I still have a theory its the accumulative effect of years worth of hundreds of certain words that is the issue.

I am trying to loosen the filtered stuff from alternate spellings a little at a time to see if there is an effect.

Sorry for the intermission.

Personally, I love the new material. I have an affinity for old time stuff, and I really like those old 78 recordings poorly made but with tons more soul than anything made today. There is something tragic and glorious about them. The name and artwork concept plays right into that feeling, it fits exactly how I feel inside when hearing one of those old recordings or when I see a yellow faded picture of one of those old modest looking blues legends. Respect, awe and empathy.

Songs like this I think deserve to be recorded today in a way that does them justice. Its really a tribute in a way.
04-18-2008 11:56
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

NiCe Cool
04-18-2008 12:31 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
ccochran
Someone New

quote:
don't take it personally...... i don't think i've ever seen your work!

I didn't. I should have had some smilies to indicate my tongue-in-cheekness.
04-18-2008 12:55 ccochran is offline Send an Email to ccochran Search for Posts by ccochran Add ccochran to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

quote:
Originally posted by ccochran
quote:
3 camera shoot?

Check the credits.

He would have liked to bring us a very multi angled shoot from Eugene, but that show evidently went in a vault somewhere. Mad

~Saint Augustine~
04-18-2008 13:45 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » Mike Roe "John The Baptist" tour 2008

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH