77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » Mike Roe "John The Baptist" tour 2008 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mike Roe "John The Baptist" tour 2008 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Mike Roe "John The Baptist" tour 2008 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lo-Fidelity Presents:

Michael Roe - The "John The Baptist" tour, 2008. Please join us as "Mike tours to prepare the way for the 77's..."
We are happy to announce that Mike will make a brief solo return to the road, playing both acoustic and electric, to debut material from the soon to be released new 77's recording featuring their take on some very elderly (and recent) obscure (and familiar) American blues/gospel/bluegrass tunes. Mike had this to say about the tour:

"I am excited to try and play as much of the new album as I can so folks can get an idea of the kinds of songs we did and how we did 'em. Since everyone has been waiting for two years to hear this, hopefully my little recital will be a fun appetizer while we're all waiting for the main course. Mmmmmmm......such a tasty treat!"

Here are the dates:

Friday, April 11, 2008
BACKTHIRD AUDIO (www.backthird.com)
w/ special guest Noah Riemer, formerly of Ticklepenny Corner. (www.myspace.com/noahriemer)
67 S. Stolp Ave.
Aurora Illinois 60506
Tickets are $10 (plus a $1 per tix paypal fee) - tickets must be purchased in advance.
Your "ticket" is your paypal confirmation email. No tickets will be sold at the door.
Doors open: 7:00pm
Showtime: 7:30pm
This concert is being held in the "live room" of the studio at BackThird Audio in downtown Aurora. There is a 50 seat capacity for the concert.
Please note, we are also planning a "potluck style" dessert with Mike and Noah that will be held directly following the concert in the studio lounge. If you are willing and able, we would love it if those in attendance would bring a dessert to share with everyone who attends the concert. Coffee, bottled water, and soft drinks will be provided by Lo-Fidelity Records. If you can, please plan on staying and enjoying a time of food and conversation after the show.
For more info and to purchase tickets, please visit: www.lo-fidelity.com/roeshow

Saturday, April 12, 2008
OASIS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP (www.oasisindiana.org)
1515 N 2nd St.
Vincennes, IN. 47591
Tickets are $5 - (However, the show is open to all regardless of ability to pay. No one will be turned away for an inability to purchase a ticket.)
Doors open: 7:30pm
Showtime: 8:00pm
For more info, please contact: feavel@feavel-law.com
Please title your email "ROE SHOW INFO"

Sunday, April 13, 2008
HOUSE SHOW - EAST NASHVILLE TN. w/ special guests, The Wayside.
This concert will be an afternoon house show held at the home of John & Michelle Thompson.
There is a 30 seat capacity for this concert...and is by reservation only.
Tickets are a $20 "donation" with 100% of the proceeds to go to Mike Roe. Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Doors open: 2:00pm
Showtime: 2:30pm
To reserve a seat for the show and purchase your ticket, please contact erin@gyroscopearts.com
Erin will provide a paypal address to purchase your ticket(s) and will provide further info as to the exact location of the concert. When contacting Erin, please use the subject: "MIKE ROE HOUSE SHOW"

Monday, April 14, 2008 -
LITCHFIELD FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH - LITCHFIELD IL. (southwestern Il.)
608 N Van Buren
Litchfield , IL 62056
Tickets: Please make a donation made at the show.
For more info on the show, please contact Cliff Woodman at: cliffwoodman@mac.com
When contacting Cliff, please use the subject: "MIKE ROE SHOW"

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 -
CHRIST CHURCH - MAPLEWOOD MO. (Concert sponsored by www.77s.com)
7126 Bruno Ave.
Maplewood, MO. 63143
Tickets are $10 at the door.
For more info on the show, please contact Brian Quincy Newcomb at pastor@maplewooducc.org
Please title your email "ROE SHOW INFO"

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 -
CHESTERFIELD VILLAGE CLUBHOUSE - SPRINGFIELD, MO.
2326 W Westview,
Springfield, MO, 65807
There is a 35 seat capacity for this concert...and is by reservation only.
Tickets are $20, in advance by paypal. Send ticket payments to Bret Chrismer at paypal@bscenterprises.com.
For more info on the show, please contact Bret Chrismer at bchrismer@sbcglobal.net. Please title your email "ROE SHOW INFO"

Thursday, April 17, 2008 -
DRUG STORE - ROCK ISLAND IL.
This show has very limited seating available, and is by reservation only. Please contact Jim Perry at jperry68@mchsi.com for more info on cost, showtime, and venue location. Please title your email: "ROE SHOW INFO"

Thanks again for supporting Mike, the 77's, and independent music. We hope to see you at the shows...

jeffrey k.

03-24-2008 09:03 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is Mike going to be able to find enough locusts and honey in Illinoise, or should we send care packages?
03-24-2008 11:36 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What brought John the Baptist into the matter, or is that a legal question?

btw--brownies ship pretty well, if you pack them right.

03-24-2008 12:00 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

I want those magic brownies Marti Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's John the Bappo because I am announcing the coming of the new 77s album by playing it live!! Cant wait to do this, it will be fun.

Come one, come Allah.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
newmorning.jpg

03-24-2008 12:15 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I see a whole lotta Illinoise on there but no Idaho. Mad

~Saint Augustine~
03-24-2008 12:26 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

RE: I want those magic brownies Marti Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
It's John the Bappo because I am announcing the coming of the new 77s album by playing it live!! Cant wait to do this, it will be fun.

Come one, come Allah.

Tongue Dont' tempt me--I'll do it!

Red Face Thank you for the wisdom, O Sage! Big Grin

03-24-2008 12:30 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Mr. Magoo

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.

quote:
Originally posted by 77sfan

You want to book a house show?

Email me offline and I will give you the details.

jeffrey k.

03-24-2008 12:34 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

quote:

Idaho, like Nebraska, is too underpopulated for a Doctor show. We must hang black crepe on the day that the tour comes closest while still being out of reach--and send brownies.

03-24-2008 12:34 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Why are you inviting Allah, doc? I wont send him any brownies.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gur: 03-24-2008 14:41.

03-24-2008 14:40 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Mr. Magoo

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
quote:

Idaho, like Nebraska, is too underpopulated for a Doctor show. We must hang black crepe on the day that the tour comes closest while still being out of reach--and send brownies.

I don't know that they are too "underpopulated"....we just need someone to take the initiative to book a show. I realize this isn't possible for everyone, but if anyone has interest, drop a line...

jeffrey k.

03-24-2008 15:28 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i have the interest, but my wife just had a baby, so don't have the cash....
hopefully somebody in the seattle area will book a show... Cool

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
03-24-2008 15:49 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

When I have the cash, initiative and interest will not be a problem.
03-24-2008 16:05 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Doc, should we begin praying that no new Salome require your head after an enticing tango on the Dancin with the Stars finale?

btw no ascetic diet that I know of includes brownies. Maybe this should be the "Gabriel tour." According to Travolta angels may have brownies and beer (and even say "****tard).
03-24-2008 16:17 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

What's the 77s tour going to look like, is it going to be "full blown, like 30 dates, or will it be brief??? Any chances of coming to Canada... eastern Canada that is?

03-24-2008 16:57 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Mr. Magoo

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
What's the 77s tour going to look like, is it going to be "full blown, like 30 dates, or will it be brief??? Any chances of coming to Canada... eastern Canada that is?

If you book it....they will come. Wink

jeffrey k.

03-24-2008 17:32 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:
quote:

I don't know that they are too "underpopulated"....we just need someone to take the initiative to book a show. I realize this isn't possible for everyone, but if anyone has interest, drop a line...

jeffrey k.

I tried a few times when I had enough cash to help build a booking fee, but nobody from here would talk to me. If someone wants a show here, I collected quite a list of venues and contacts that we could use.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 03-24-2008 19:29.

03-24-2008 19:28 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Mr. Magoo

quote:
I tried a few times when I had enough cash to help build a booking fee, but nobody from here would talk to me.

Thats too bad. When you say "nobody from here would talk to me"....are you talking about fans....or people that run venues and such?

jeffrey k.

03-24-2008 20:17 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

my wife and I will be shooting for the April 11th show Cool

03-24-2008 20:25 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Please ask doc to play "happy birthday" for the twins then.
03-24-2008 20:29 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Mr. Magoo

quote:
Originally posted by JR88
my wife and I will be shooting for the April 11th show Cool

That would be great! Hope you can make it! Big Grin

jeffrey k.

03-24-2008 20:36 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » Mike Roe "John The Baptist" tour 2008

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH