77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » I love bargain bins » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I love bargain bins
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

I love bargain bins Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...especially when I see a copy of DA's Fearful Symmetry for $2.00. Snatched it right up I did.

*edit*

Whoops. Posted this in wrong forum. Sorry.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 06-18-2007 14:07.

06-05-2007 18:37 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: I love bargain bins Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Items from the bargain bin in my collection, off of the top of my head:

a CD of the curdled version of Safe as Milk
All the copies of At the Foot of the Cross, Vol. I that I or anyone else could want
Daniel Amos Live at Cornerstone 2000
The Wayside Live at Cornerstone 2000
Never Say Never Choir boxed set

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 06-05-2007 18:50.

06-05-2007 18:44 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
tom tom petty
Someone New

Registration Date: 11-10-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Years ago, I bought TWO "Green Room Serenades" from a bargain bin.

One for me and one for the friend who introduced me to the Dogs.

I felt like a man.
06-05-2007 18:58 tom tom petty is offline Send an Email to tom tom petty Search for Posts by tom tom petty Add tom tom petty to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Gift Horse by the Lost Dogs

06-05-2007 19:02 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit
RE: I love bargain bins Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's crazy the stuff you find in bargain bins at stores that don't know any better. C-r-a-z-y.

quote:
Originally posted by Marti

Oh man, I'd love to find this. I have seen it available before at a Christian bookstore for $70 or so. I have the albums already but I want all the "other stuff". Cool

06-05-2007 19:06 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
It's crazy the stuff you find in bargain bins at stores that don't know any better. C-r-a-z-y.

quote:
Originally posted by Marti

Oh man, I'd love to find this. I have seen it available before at a Christian bookstore for $70 or so. I have the albums already but I want all the "other stuff". Cool

I think I got it that day for between $35-$40.

06-05-2007 19:18 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

I got Avocado Faultline for a couple of bucks in SLO. Totally worth it
just for Papa Danced on Olvera Street. What a sweet song. Plus, I swooped in on it in Latency Back's backyard.
06-05-2007 21:05 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

If I'm traveling I always stop at Christian bookstores to check out their bargain bins. Most of the time, they have a treasure or two by our favorite bands. I was surprised recently when I saw "Fun With Sound" in a Family Christian bookstore for $5.00. I had no idea that FWS had distribution like this.

06-06-2007 07:33 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
latencybaks latencybaks is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 06-17-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Rod
I got Avocado Faultline for a couple of bucks in SLO. Totally worth it
just for Papa Danced on Olvera Street. What a sweet song. Plus, I swooped in on it in Latency Back's backyard.

It is a very sweet song. Did you get that at the Parable? Why were you in SLO?
06-06-2007 11:48 latencybaks is offline Send an Email to latencybaks Search for Posts by latencybaks Add latencybaks to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

YuP Cool

I have had SoMe luck in the bargain bins myself Pleased
06-08-2007 05:39 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

You can download the "other music stuff" of the Choir box set at their web site....of course no booklet but you get the music.
06-18-2007 11:52 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » I love bargain bins

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH