77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » My review of the awesome Roe vs Pritzl concert that took place at the Warehouse Church on 11-03-06 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page My review of the awesome Roe vs Pritzl concert that took place at the Warehouse Church on 11-03-06 3 Votes - Average Rating: 8.333 Votes - Average Rating: 8.333 Votes - Average Rating: 8.33
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mini micro
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-365.jpg

Registration Date: 11-04-2006

Thread Starter Thread Started by mini micro
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
Just hang with me. I have tatts and with a name like Nailtatt, the ladies will be all over me!!!!!!! Tongue

Yeah....riiiiiight! Roll Eyes Tongue

11-07-2006 19:15 mini micro is offline Send an Email to mini micro Search for Posts by mini micro Add mini micro to your Buddy List
mini micro
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-365.jpg

Registration Date: 11-04-2006

Thread Starter Thread Started by mini micro
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by LuR KiNG
quote:
Originally posted by mini micro
I hope not! I'll never pick up a chick with this new screen name I have!!!! Shocked

your Screen Name is Classic

micro - it took me awhile, then I saw your avatar Big Grin
NiCe

what is really Classic is that this ON topic concert review has GoNe way Off topic...
while the off topic Roe V Pritzel Aurora, IL this Friday! thread has pretty much stayed On Topic Big Grin

I enjoyed Mike Roe's (micro's) guitar playing so much the other night I wanted to be just like him! Pleased

quote:
Originally posted by LuR KiNG
quote:

p.s. it is Attitude: NoT Altitude: Big Grin

Opps! Tongue

11-07-2006 19:17 mini micro is offline Send an Email to mini micro Search for Posts by mini micro Add mini micro to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Thumb Up! Roe vs Pritzl concert at the Warehouse Church 11-03-06 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool nIcE Cool
11-27-2006 12:09 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

RE: My review of the awesome Roe vs Pritzl concert that took place at the Warehouse Church on 11-03- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Mike played guitar and sang. Mike sang and played guitar.

THEY ROCKED!! Cool

It was good. Pleased

Their drummer left a little to be desired. Frown

Agree on both counts.Big Grin

Leave the drum machines home please! Shocked
11-28-2006 13:48 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77

Set list:
Say Your Prayers
Do It For Love (both lead vocals)
????
I Can't Get Over It (both lead vocals)
Gorgeous

???? was "Oceana"

p.s. does anyone have any pics from this show?
11-29-2006 08:42 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Cool Roe v. Pritzl - B'ham 2/11/07 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mike Roe & Michael Pritzl brought their show to B'ham yesterday. I was hoping my son, Eddie, could attend with me but he was visitating with his mom this weekend. He was a big Roe & Gene Eugene fan before he started getting into Tupac. My wife couldn't make it because she had to take my 8 yr old daughter, Rachel, to her Upward basketball year-end ceremony. I know some of you are thinking that my priorities are off but you don't understand. There are always kids things & I have a 2 yr old also...so there will be plenty of other event/functions I will attend concerning those two. This was an opportunity to see a Doctor Love performance & I wasn't gonna miss it. I hopped on I65 North, set the cruise to 77 mph (of course), & was on my way 20 miles up the road for the 4 pm show.
The venue was The Playhouse (AKA The Costume Shop) across the street from the McWane Center & the historic Alabama Theatre in downtown Birmingham. Yes, this was a costume shop (Pritzl claims to have some interesting photos of Roe having Fun With Garbs). Hats adorned the walls & wardrobes were abundant. This place also served as a playhouse & had a nifty stage configuration in the middle of the store. It was a very cool place to see a show. It was an interesting crowd of 20-30 present that ranged in age from the early 20s to early 60s, half of which were musicians of some sort.
This Tour is billed as Round Two of Roe vs. Pritzl. This differed from last year in that there were no solo spots. They played together this time. Same result: Roe in a unanimous decision. The highlights included: Roe imitating Pritzl's singing voice, Pritzl Gothically shoe-gazing I Can't Get Over It, Roe boogie woogieing a Violet Burning song, Pritzl's potty humor, & Roe using an audience member's Carmex on his cankered mouth. Working on 2 hours of sleep after their Arlington,Tx gig the previous night, Mike Roe was phenomenal with his guitar work. This format really shows off his acoustical talents. Besides assorted VB songs, they did MT, The Rain Kept Falling In Love, I Can't Get Over It, Ambien/The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes, And The Pride Of Life, Do It For Love, & Ache Beautiful from the 77s/Roe collection.
When Pritzl introduced Ache Beautiful, he said that he wanted to do it last year (due to it being a fan favorite) but Roe wasn't wanting to do it. He said he agreed to it this year, and when they first performed it (at a basement in Aurora, IL), Pritzl said he realized why Roe was reluctant at that point due to the heaviness of the song. It's a powerfully beautiful, sad love song in which Doctor probably leaves little pieces of himself on the stage each time he performs it.
Afterwards, a young feller told Roe that when he was a little kid, he was a Carman fan until he was exposed to Sticks & Stones. There is hope for our future.
The tour heads toward Florida. Catch it now. It's very entertaining & very good. Check out http://www.myspace.com/roevspritzl for details.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by peawinkel: 02-13-2007 07:49.

02-12-2007 13:57 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

One less carman fan... its beautiful.. I have tears in my eyes...
02-12-2007 14:19
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

Crying it is beautiful . . .

nIcE Cool review

as for your priorities, they seem right to me. about TeN years back
I missed an Adam Again show 'cause of wife, family, kid functions... Frown

I have had many, many, "plenty of opportunities" to do those things...
02-13-2007 06:33 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
herringostarr herringostarr is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-420.jpg

Registration Date: 09-03-2005

I consider "Ache Beautiful" one of the most beautiful songs ever. Everything about it is perfect.

02-13-2007 07:58 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » My review of the awesome Roe vs Pritzl concert that took place at the Warehouse Church on 11-03-06

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH