77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Mike Roe Trivia » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mike Roe Trivia 5 Votes - Average Rating: 6.40
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: Doctor has a kind Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
How about this -- which 77s tracks have someone other than Doctor playing a 'lead guitar solo'?

Remember, to qualify, it has to be an actual 'solo', not a 'hook' or 'part' line (such as David Leonhardt's main jangly figure on 'Happy Roy' -- it's loud, it's lovely, and it seems like a solo, but it's not. The song does not have a solo, only that line)

HINT: Some other guy soloing has happened several times, and it need not be the only 'solo' in the song, which may make it even harder to figure out (which is precisely why this will be so much fun Pleased

Good one! And I know the answer!!! Tongue But mum's the word. Good luck!

Linda

Are we looking for one or several songs? I seem to remember "MT" being a group effort, but I may be wrong.

08-10-2006 09:38 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
tom tom blue tom tom blue is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: STICKS & STONES

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool again

08-10-2006 09:50 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Doctor has a kind Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
Since no one has taken a shot at this yet, I'll give a half-baked answer to revive the discussion. On It's for You, Dave plays all of "Mezzo" and does a Doctor rescue on "Sneakers".

Live, not original, and Roe, not 77s, but halfway relevant to the question. When I catch up to the album stash, I'll see what else that I can discern.

I'm surprised that Linda thinks she knows the answer to this, as there are many examples. My favorite one is quite obscure and maybe that's the one she knows because I probably told her once. No fair.

Whoa, I'd forgotten about Dave's 'rescue' on the live "Sneakers"...heh heh......we shouldn't have tried that one. What a mess. I'm amazed it made the cut! And yes, on the It's For You tour Dave indeed had to play the entire lead solo (which comprises the song, basically) while I held down the rhythm. There wasn't really any other way we could pull it off. He did a great job nailing what I'd done on the album. Some jerk even whistled his approval during the climax of his solo -- someone always has to do that! Evil

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
Pray Naked Revisited.jpg

08-10-2006 12:00 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

quote:

I'm surprised that Linda thinks she knows the answer to this, as there are many examples. My favorite one is quite obscure and maybe that's the one she knows because I probably told her once. No fair.

Okay, I don't know the answer, but I know one that is pretty obscure and yes...Mike told me, which is why I'm keeping my trap shut! Tongue

Linda
08-10-2006 14:49 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have an answer! But I'll keep quiet for the moment as well.. Happy
08-10-2006 15:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
tom tom blue tom tom blue is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: STICKS & STONES

answer!!! Cool

08-10-2006 16:58 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
herringostarr herringostarr is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-420.jpg

Registration Date: 09-03-2005

phony eyes?

08-11-2006 03:59 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
Praying Naked

or "perfect blues"?

08-11-2006 07:16 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

that's one of 'em Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by herringostarr
phony eyes?

Good job Jason, that's one I forgot about. Dave takes the first solo (it was on the original Strawmen demo which we augmented for the PN version) and I took the second one, blasting right over top of the chorus that followed the original solo on their version. I always thought the song had too many choruses so I suggested a second solo instead. I don't remember being all that thrilled with what I played, but at least the song doesn't wear you out with too many choruses now.
08-11-2006 10:53 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Doctor Love

piano solos don't count! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
or "perfect blues"?
08-11-2006 10:54 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
tonto tonto is a male
Perfect Blues

Registration Date: 07-14-2006

Tonto's favorite, Sounds of Autumn? Do beating the skins count?

Tonto play that one by campfire with Little Fether. Little Feather dance like the wind.
08-11-2006 11:31 tonto is offline Send an Email to tonto Search for Posts by tonto Add tonto to your Buddy List
Praying Naked

RE: that's one of 'em Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
phony eyes?

Good job Jason, that's one I forgot about. Dave takes the first solo (it was on the original Strawmen demo which we augmented for the PN version) and I took the second one, blasting right over top of the chorus that followed the original solo on their version. I always thought the song had too many choruses so I suggested a second solo instead. I don't remember being all that thrilled with what I played, but at least the song doesn't wear you out with too many choruses now.

Woo Hoo!!!

08-11-2006 13:59 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Mike Roe Trivia

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH