77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Mike Roe Trivia » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mike Roe Trivia 5 Votes - Average Rating: 6.40
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sharon Sharon is a female
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-07-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88 Miserable Crows Drowning

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0
what was the reference? I'm not familiar with that song.

"Michael Roe singing Do It for Love"

08-01-2006 04:36 Sharon is offline Send an Email to Sharon Search for Posts by Sharon Add Sharon to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: Mike Roe Trivia Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
Name another song that refers to Mike Roe other than Burn It Up from the new Lost Dogs CD?

Winner gets an affirmative icon reply.

Easy...

KISS - Calling Doctor Love

duh!

Big Grin

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
08-01-2006 07:03 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Birchell Birchell is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-391.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2004
Favorite 77s album: Impossible to pick!!!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thot it was just "Dr Love". "They call me Dr Love, I am the Dr of love (Dr Love)...." and so on.

I really have no clue what this thread is about, but it's entertaining, just the same
08-01-2006 08:20 Birchell is offline Send an Email to Birchell Search for Posts by Birchell Add Birchell to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Thread Starter Thread Started by peawinkel
RE: Mike Roe Trivia Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
quote:
Name another song that refers to Mike Roe other than Burn It Up from the new Lost Dogs CD?

Charlie Peacock - "Hot Night Downtown" - West Coast Diaries Vol 1

Linda

Ding Ding Ding
We Have A Winner

Congratulations, Linda

Here's your prize:

Happy

08-01-2006 16:56 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
quote:

Charlie Peacock - "Hot Night Downtown" - West Coast Diaries Vol 1

Linda

Ding Ding Ding
We Have A Winner

Congratulations, Linda

Here's your prize:

Happy

I won! I won! Big Grin [cartwheel]

Thank you. Thank you very much. [in Mike Roe's best Elvis impersonation voice]

Linda
08-01-2006 19:31 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

If Tony Shore can be called 'doctor', then etc..... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This thread has brought me to ponder how everyone here so quickly and easily accepted one of the most ridiculous moniker/nicknames ever. A bit of history is in order.

I honestly cannot remember how or why the name got started, but part of it had to do with being obsessed with the KISS song "Calling Doctor Love", having not heard it in at least a coupla decades. For some strange reason, I thought that it was an Al Green song -- can you believe that? This is probably why I allowed it to stick so hard, thinking I had aligned myself with a 'soul king' rather than the kings of 'bubble metal' Shocked I also heard Mike Love of The Beach Boys refer to himself this way in an inverview when he was trying to justify deserving the $5,000,000 he weasled out of Brian Wilson for songwriting collaboration back-royalties. It's easy to hate Mike, but for some reason when I heard him call himself "Doctor Love", I suddenly liked him -- don't ask me why.

I also think I was trying to piss off some girlfriend who was putting me down a lot, and calling myself "Doctor Love" made her even more angry. I decided to create a phone message on my answering machine with the name, just to try it out on unsuspecting callers. It had an immediately polarizing effect, especially with women, most of whom absolutely hated it. I knew I had a winner then Tongue

It all became official in my mind when my Dad left me a phone message calling me "Doctor Love". The rest is history.

Doctor Love has attached these images:
algreen.gif
kiss_star.jpg

08-02-2006 09:48 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

I can easily see how you can get Al Green and KISS mixed up! Tongue

08-02-2006 09:52 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Thread Starter Thread Started by peawinkel

I love polarizing effects.....................especially on gals........... Tongue

08-02-2006 10:09 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
I love polarizing effects.....................especially on gals........... Tongue

We can tell.

08-02-2006 10:46 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Birchell Birchell is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-391.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2004
Favorite 77s album: Impossible to pick!!!

The shoes!!! Holy Crap!!! Did you see the shoes?!?!?!?!!!!!1

Great story, El Dr!!!!!!1 Those posts from you (combined w/ the insightful provocative pics) are what keeps me comin' back!!
08-02-2006 11:19 Birchell is offline Send an Email to Birchell Search for Posts by Birchell Add Birchell to your Buddy List
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

quote:

I love polar effects.....................especially on bears...........
08-02-2006 15:45 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
tom tom blue tom tom blue is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: STICKS & STONES

does this count? or matter anymore? mike roe played on Randy Stonehill song..........name it?

can yeh?
Cool

08-06-2006 12:37 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

"we were all so young"

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

08-06-2006 12:50 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
Mezzo

WRONG ANSWER!

08-06-2006 12:53 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
Mezzo

the correct answer is............

i thirst for you
from 1993 (stories cd)
Cool

08-06-2006 12:54 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-454.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2005
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked, today anyway

And seemingly "Charlie The Weatherman" from the same album.

08-06-2006 13:24 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Wake Up To Find Out That You Are The etc. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You guys are totally blowing it, having completely forgotten my work on Randy's most recent solo album entitled........

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
And seemingly "Charlie The Weatherman" from the same album.
08-06-2006 14:30 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-454.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2005
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked, today anyway

Edge of the World. But I don't have it... Don't know what songs you might have played on.

08-06-2006 15:14 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Mezzo

guess we are all wrong Mad

08-06-2006 15:19 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
Mezzo

your right, i was wrong Cool

08-06-2006 15:20 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Mike Roe Trivia

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH