77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's DVD release announcement » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's DVD release announcement 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Word of mouth makes a huge impact. People's reviews as they start getting ther copies will help a lot. Its really weird, I don't think it was a conscience effort but looking at it now..we are fully aware as we fill orders that we had a 77s DVD, Lost Dogs new album and DA special edition all at the same time. And its my opinion that all three are some of the highest quality things the guys have done in a while. The DVD is a beautiful package and a lot of fun, the Lost Dogs album is wonderful with great music, lyircs and gorgeous packaging, and the DA reissue was mastered really well and Tom did a great job on the booklet. Everyone has been saying really nice things about all three. I think God is going to bless the work, and I look forward to what these are the beginning of.
07-11-2006 11:11
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
I personally hope you all make a few bones off this deal. Especially Doc Love and the 77's crew!

I sincerely meant this. That is good to here Audi J! I know this will never be a "get rich" deal for those involved but (without sounding too corny) lives have been enriched by these guys and I hope they get 100fold on their return of their investment into our lives!

07-11-2006 11:23 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Audiori J
unregistered

Yes exactly we'd all like to see them be able to continue to make this type of music. I do think its God in control and I do think there is indication of His blessings. That may sound cliche' but I do really feel that way and its hard to explain. You can tell when there is a noticable difference in spirit and the way things orchestrate. You ever have that unexplainable feeling of being jazzed about how things are going, like the sun is shining and there isn't a cloud in the sky? When you've gone through maybe a valley and things seemed dark, but then suddenly you find yourself on the far side of that valley coming up the edge of the hill and you can see things more clearly, and it don't look so bad and insurmountable anymore?

I don't mean to go off topic, but I think these releases signify something new and good. They are part of that feeling. If God blesses these releases, for lack of a better way to say it, they can lead to more music and reissues and all that. I think we will start seeing more.
07-11-2006 12:39
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Yes exactly we'd all like to see them be able to continue to make this type of music. I do think its God in control and I do think there is indication of His blessings. That may sound cliche' but I do really feel that way and its hard to explain. You can tell when there is a noticable difference in spirit and the way things orchestrate. You ever have that unexplainable feeling of being jazzed about how things are going, like the sun is shining and there isn't a cloud in the sky? When you've gone through maybe a valley and things seemed dark, but then suddenly you find yourself on the far side of that valley coming up the edge of the hill and you can see things more clearly, and it don't look so bad and insurmountable anymore?

I don't mean to go off topic, but I think these releases signify something new and good. They are part of that feeling. If God blesses these releases, for lack of a better way to say it, they can lead to more music and reissues and all that. I think we will start seeing more.

Amen! I totally understand what you are saying. Cool

07-11-2006 13:19 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
j77
unregistered

quote:

Audiori, I hope and pray that you are right.
07-11-2006 15:04
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005

So far so terrific, and I say God bless you all who are putting so much of yourselves into these.

07-11-2006 18:24 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

I just posted this announcement on the HM Magazine forum. I hope it helps! Linkage

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nailtatt: 07-13-2006 09:39.

07-13-2006 09:39 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:

This is about as on-topic as it gets, and the positive turn is great news. Comments like that make all the prayer seem worthwhile.

07-13-2006 10:41 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

I just ordered mine over the weekend - looking forward to it!

Thanks to jk and all at lo-fi!

07-17-2006 05:39 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.
DVD trailer now up... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For those of you maybe on the fence about the project, or maybe just want to see a bit before you buy, we now have a trailer for the DVD up on the Lo-Fidelity website....check it out on both the front page and media section of the site. The DVD is available now from both Lo-Fidelity.com and 77's.com. (Lo-Fidelity now has a regular US Mail order form for those wishing to purchase the DVD or other releases offline.)

And speaking of the website, we are pleased to announce it has been fully reworked and was relaunched yesterday evening. We love the new look...thanks to our friend Marc at Bassline-Shift (www.bassline-shift.com) and photos from Dinah Kotthoff (www.dinahphoto.com).

Some new features on the site include a media section with free MP3's from some of the older Lo-Fidelity releases, and one or two from our distribution catalog.

Check out the store as well for a few VERY limited number releases. Currently we have the following in stock:

The Lost Dogs ...Via Chicago... DVD/CD ***Our last 3 copies*** $25

Derri Daugherty - "A Few Unfinished Songs" EP ***Our 7 copies SIGNED BY DERRI*** $10

Terry Scott Taylor - "Songs For The Day After Christmas" EP ***Our last 14 copies SIGNED BY TERRY*** $10

Adam Again - "Ten Songs By Adam Again" CD ***Our last 12 copies*** $15

Be sure to check the site often for updates and news on upcoming releases. Thank you one and all for the continued support of the label and independent music.

jeffrey k.

07-18-2006 10:50 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

....nice trailer--nice memories Happy

Good job all the way around, sir!

07-18-2006 15:10 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

as soon as i can throw a few dollars together, i'll be picking this up. i'm sure my brother will be wanting a copy as well.

that trailer looked awesome, jeffrey. nicely done, all around.
07-19-2006 07:49 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
mikey rules! mikey rules! is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-253.jpg

Registration Date: 07-23-2006
Favorite 77s album: Pray Nude

First time post here, and all to say just how much I love the DVD! Thanks to one and all involved.

Mikey!

07-23-2006 18:04 mikey rules! is offline Send an Email to mikey rules! Search for Posts by mikey rules! Add mikey rules! to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Nice trailer!! Big Grin

Linda
07-23-2006 18:15 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

A DAMN FINE DVD!!

A great tribute to one of the finest rock bands to come out of the good 'ol USA!

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

07-24-2006 05:55 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-243.jpg

Registration Date: 07-18-2006
Favorite 77s album: A Golden Field of Radioactive

I just wanted to drop in my $.02 on the DVD. WOW!

I watched disc 2 last night (I watched disc 1 last week). What a great set of DVD's. As I did not get into the 7's until 1994 (learning of them through the Lost Dogs and purchasing DwLiS), the DVD helps me get "caught up" on their early years. I have their first 3 albums and the DVD helps appreciate them even more through the live performances on disc 2.

My review in one word is WOW.

Great job, Jeffrey K., Dr. Love, and co. Kudos to you!

-Psalm 73:26

Michael 4 & Michael 77
07-24-2006 07:21 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
HERACLEVS HERACLEVS is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: All of 'em

Thumb Up! Great! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I received the set shortly after it became available. This is a great collection!

The videos were fun... really took me back. The "Different Kind of Light" video was funny, cheesy, and scary Shocked (because of Pat Boone) all at the same time. I didn't realize Jan Eric played lead guitar at times.

I remember being surprised at seeing "Mercy Mercy" on M-TV back in the day. I'm glad these were put on dvd, because my old VHS tapes became unwatchable due to degradation.

"BaBaBaBa" was several cuts above the previous two videos. I thought Mike did all the vocals, but the video shows Jan Eric handling the lead vocals during the chorus.

The concert footage is fun, too. I wish I had seen the band years ago. Confused

God Bless,

- Romans 9

"Safe in the Hands of Destiny"
07-29-2006 10:10 HERACLEVS is offline Send an Email to HERACLEVS Homepage of HERACLEVS Search for Posts by HERACLEVS Add HERACLEVS to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

I just ordered this - FINALLY! Cannot wait to receive it!

07-31-2006 06:52 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Great! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not to knock Jan Eric's considerable talents, but those shots of him playing and singing 'lead' that you mentioned were contrived for the cameras -- The Doctor Was In Pleased

quote:
Originally posted by HERACLEVS
I received the set shortly after it became available. This is a great collection!

The videos were fun... really took me back. The "Different Kind of Light" video was funny, cheesy, and scary Shocked (because of Pat Boone) all at the same time. I didn't realize Jan Eric played lead guitar at times.

I remember being surprised at seeing "Mercy Mercy" on M-TV back in the day. I'm glad these were put on dvd, because my old VHS tapes became unwatchable due to degradation.

"BaBaBaBa" was several cuts above the previous two videos. I thought Mike did all the vocals, but the video shows Jan Eric handling the lead vocals during the chorus.

The concert footage is fun, too. I wish I had seen the band years ago. Confused

God Bless,

- Romans 9
08-01-2006 13:47 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Birchell Birchell is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-391.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2004
Favorite 77s album: Impossible to pick!!!

LOL Dr. Such trickery and subterfuge.
08-01-2006 15:34 Birchell is offline Send an Email to Birchell Search for Posts by Birchell Add Birchell to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's DVD release announcement

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH