77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ??? 10 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0010 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nekkid Prey Nekkid Prey is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-06-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Certainly wouldn't want to see that on the band's tombstone!

It's been way too long since our precious Sevens have homespun new tunage! The last CD—and an EP at that!—was Direct way back in '02. (As gorgeous as it was, Fun With Sound don't count.)

And with Cornerstone just around the, um, corner, methinks the fans will be restless! Who wants to spend time in the hot sun and/or icky mud just to hear a rehash of old songs? (Actually, I would, but new songs would make the experience extra nice.)

Yo, Doc! Say it ain't so!

03-08-2006 21:39 Nekkid Prey is offline Send an Email to Nekkid Prey Homepage of Nekkid Prey Search for Posts by Nekkid Prey Add Nekkid Prey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nekkid Prey: Nekkid Prey YIM Account Name of Nekkid Prey: mike_beidler
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't think The 77s are disbanded but I'm pretty sure the Doc considers Lost Dogs to be his main gig.

03-08-2006 22:06 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

relax Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We're going into the studio this very weekend -- first time all together in four years Cool
03-08-2006 22:29 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

RE: relax Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
We're going into the studio this very weekend -- first time all together in four years Cool

Woo- hooo! Big Grin Pleased

Alex

03-08-2006 23:27 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

okay - that's been settled please revise this thread title please nekkid prey...

just seeing it is disturbing.

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

03-09-2006 03:46 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: relax Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Looking forward to the results!!!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-09-2006 04:31 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004

quote:

You just made my day that much brighter and fun!!!!! AWESOME!

You guys tear it up in that studio! I have no doubts that whatever you guys do will blow our collective socks off as usual!

03-09-2006 06:00 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Slightly off the subject... when was the last time that the 77's played at Cornerstone?

03-09-2006 06:21 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

'03 I believe. "Whole Lotta Scott..." & a couple of strawmen covers...

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

03-09-2006 07:06 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

quote:

<gulp>

WOW!

03-09-2006 10:05 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Good to hear! Didn't realize these guys haven't been in the studio together in that long-a time! I geuss Bruce is busy writing country music songs for Shania Twain.

03-09-2006 12:00 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Actually, we were in the studio all together twice last year, being the studio band for the Jason Herring and Matt Nightingale albums.

Basically, these upcoming sessions are a continuation of where the last track on "Fun With Sound" was leading -- traditional gospel blues done our way. Bruce made this suggestion after weeks of touring with young blues acolyte Jackie Green and wishing to stay 'in the space' before hitting SouthXSouthwest and then the Fillmore with Jackie in the next coupla weeks. Additionally, after my having been bombarded for requests to finish that abortive "blues" album with Phil Madeira (not to mention being begged to do a new 77s album by just about everyone), I figured we could start by taking the good idea that Glenn Kaiser and Darrell Mansfield had years ago and do it one better by using the best band in the world Tongue

Though we certainly enjoy the Led Zeppelin approach to this vintage of traditional American music, it won't all sound like "City Of Refuge". We plan to explore a variety of sounds and styles just to have fun working with the material in a variety of ways. And, if it turns out like we hope, we might try recording original material after the same fashion the next time we get together Wink
03-09-2006 14:28 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Rocks in your Head

RE: Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Actually, we were in the studio all together twice last year, being the studio band for the Jason Herring and Matt Nightingale albums.

Basically, these upcoming sessions are a continuation of where the last track on "Fun With Sound" was leading -- traditional gospel blues done our way. Bruce made this suggestion after weeks of touring with young blues acolyte Jackie Green and wishing to stay 'in the space' before hitting SouthXSouthwest and then the Fillmore with Jackie in the next coupla weeks. Additionally, after my having been bombarded for requests to finish that abortive "blues" album with Phil Madeira (not to mention being begged to do a new 77s album by just about everyone), I figured we could start by taking the good idea that Glenn Kaiser and Darrell Mansfield had years ago and do it one better by using the best band in the world Tongue

Though we certainly enjoy the Led Zeppelin approach to this vintage of traditional American music, it won't all sound like "City Of Refuge". We plan to explore a variety of sounds and styles just to have fun working with the material in a variety of ways. And, if it turns out like we hope, we might try recording original material after the same fashion the next time we get together Wink

You are such a big tease dude!!!!!!!!(at least thats what El tells me) I cannot wait for whatever you guys do!!!!!

03-09-2006 14:35 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
j77
unregistered
Thumb Up! RE: Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Outstanding news! Cool
03-09-2006 14:37
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

wow that sounds really cool Cool

Was I ever on the inside?
03-09-2006 14:50 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Would be happy to loan you my Regal resonator Big Grin

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-09-2006 15:20 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
sevens
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-130.jpg

Registration Date: 01-18-2005

quote:

now this is NEWS Cool

looking forward to this, very much..................

by the way Kaiser/Mansfield Trimmed and Burning kicks A$$ Cool

if you one up that I'll be very HAPPY Smile )

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sevens: 03-09-2006 16:51.

03-09-2006 16:50 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

03-09-2006 20:56 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Rocks in your Head

Mike, you guys gave us Woody once before, so I have no doubt you will do it again! Wink

03-10-2006 05:36 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

Great news! I've thought for a long time that a solid rockin' blues album would be your forte.

Darin
03-10-2006 06:30 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » 77's R.I.P. (1982-2002) ???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH