77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » The Strawmen » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Strawmen 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

The Strawmen Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

At Home just arrived the other day...I really liked it.

How about you? Any Strawmen fans out there?

03-04-2006 10:41 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yes. Big Grin

03-04-2006 11:02 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't have that album yet, but yes--fan of the group, and fan of the Strawboard. Unfortunately, time hasn't permitted to run around there much lately, but hopefully that will change soon. I have Saving Faded Dreams and really enjoy it!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 03-04-2006 11:52.

03-04-2006 11:40 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

SFD is a great CD. A "must have" for any 77s fan. "At home" is just a collection of demos, not quite bad, but non- essential. I could live without it. Just my two cents again...

Alex

03-04-2006 13:44 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

The Strawmen Rock!
03-04-2006 17:18
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Gotta love 'em! I have "Saving Fading Dreams" and both versions of "At Home" and love it all. "At Home" is a collection of demos? I don't think I'd ever heard it described that way before.

Linda
03-05-2006 10:28 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
"At Home" is a collection of demos? I don't think I'd ever heard it described that way before.

Linda

That's the way I understand the sleeve notes on the Liquid Disc CD. I also remember reading some web interview with one of the Harmon brothers where he described it that way. At least that's what my mind tells me. Can't find the interview anymore.

Alex

03-05-2006 13:07 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Alex
quote:
"At Home" is a collection of demos? I don't think I'd ever heard it described that way before.

Linda

That's the way I understand the sleeve notes on the Liquid Disc CD. I also remember reading some web interview with one of the Harmon brothers where he described it that way. At least that's what my mind tells me. Can't find the interview anymore.

Alex

that's pretty much the case, as the original liner notes state as well.....

03-05-2006 13:25 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Gotta love 'em! I have "Saving Fading Dreams" and both versions of "At Home" and love it all. "At Home" is a collection of demos? I don't think I'd ever heard it described that way before.

Linda

Yep.

03-06-2006 05:37 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

I'm a fan (of course!) Any 7's fan should be a fan of the Strawmen.

I have "At Home" but not the last one they put out (not yet.) I like "At Home" alot and it is obviously well liked by Doctor LoveHandles. There are the two Strawmen songs on "Pray Naked" ('Phony Eyes' and 'Deep End') and they also do 'Hard to Say' on "Echos O' Faith." You could say that the Strawmen were an influence on the 77's!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bubbaepp: 03-06-2006 10:24.

03-06-2006 10:23 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by bubbaepp
I'm a fan (of course!) Any 7's fan should be a fan of the Strawmen.

I have "At Home" but not the last one they put out (not yet.) I like "At Home" alot and it is obviously well liked by Doctor LoveHandles. There are the two Strawmen songs on "Pray Naked" ('Phony Eyes' and 'Deep End') and they also do 'Hard to Say' on "Echos O' Faith." You could say that the Strawmen were an influence on the 77's!

Something like that!

03-06-2006 12:15 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

quote:
You could say that the Strawmen were an influence on the 77's!

Of course they were. The 77s needed a new line- up, so Mark and Dave from the Strawmen joined the Doctor. Quite naturally they didn't forget everything they did before... and they took it to the next level with "Pray naked". Without Bill Harmon and the Strawmen we wouldn't have the 77s as we know them now. They'd have taken a different direction. The Doctor would most likely have had to hire other musicians. Shocking... the 77s without Mark Harmon.

I still consider "At Home" as a nice, but non- essential demo CD. Only 77s fans will need it for the completeness of their collection.

Shame on me and my opinion. But I love SFD. What a great record.

Alex

03-06-2006 13:50 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Alex
quote:
You could say that the Strawmen were an influence on the 77's!

Of course they were. The 77s needed a new line- up, so Mark and Dave from the Strawmen joined the Doctor. Quite naturally they didn't forget everything they did before... and they took it to the next level with "Pray naked". Without Bill Harmon and the Strawmen we wouldn't have the 77s as we know them now. They'd have taken a different direction. The Doctor would most likely have had to hire other musicians. Shocking... the 77s without Mark Harmon.

I still consider "At Home" as a nice, but non- essential demo CD. Only 77s fans will need it for the completeness of their collection.

Shame on me and my opinion. But I love SFD. What a great record.

Alex

I can agree with that Big Grin
03-06-2006 16:00
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ping Pong Over the Abyss

Saving Faded Dreams arrived last week...better-produced than At Home. Not to take anything away from AH, but so far SFD's giving me more for my $. Cool

03-26-2006 11:38 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Japanese Idol
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 03-20-2006
Favorite 77s album: Ping Pong

At Home is still better Tongue

03-26-2006 19:22 Japanese Idol is offline Send an Email to Japanese Idol Search for Posts by Japanese Idol Add Japanese Idol to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » The Strawmen

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH