77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Ft. Myers, FL » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ft. Myers, FL 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Muddy Ashes Muddy Ashes is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 10-05-2004
Favorite 77s album: Fun with Sound, if that counts

Attention Ft. Myers, FL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This was my first time seeinf the 77s or Mike in any form. Florida's not a hotbed for great music touring through.

Upon arriving, i went to the Merch table to pick up a copy of Fun with Sound and to my surprise Mike was sitting there. After a couple minutes of being too nervous to say anything, not that I say much usually anyways, I mustered a few words and got him to sign my Say Your Prayers and Fun With Sounds inserts..

I have nothing but the records to compare this to, but thery sounded great tongiht. Mike was hilarious, mark was a great straight. The first four song left me in awe, and gave me an even greater appreciation for the things Mike can do with a guitar. The next songs, from the new album, gave insight to Mark's immense talent which truely shines both live and on the disc.

Songlist:
MT
Blue Skies
Genuine
The Itch Is Back
Glory Train
Thank You For Your Dreams
What Holds On
Say Your Prayers
Lutheran Hymn
Sit In the Slience
Quiet Little Place
Go With God, But Go

And Just as Iw as leaving, he was introing a Lost Dogs tune. I really wish i could have stayed for the rest, but those 90 minutes were 90 iof the best minutes my ears have ever enjoyed.

A lot of people came in after i was seated, and a lot seemed to have no idea who they were, but if this doesn't convert them, there's no hope for those people.

The album is amazing. Simply beautiful.

The one thing I'll always take from this experience is Mike's inspired words of unity;"We have oranges in California, too."

11-12-2004 21:17 Muddy Ashes is offline Send an Email to Muddy Ashes Search for Posts by Muddy Ashes Add Muddy Ashes to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered
RE: Ft. Myers, FL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the review Muddy. I had a similar experience this summer in Eugene when I saw the 77s for the first time.
11-12-2004 21:23
Cinco de Bret Cinco de Bret is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 08-23-2004

RE: Ft. Myers, FL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Muddy,

Glad you were able to go to the show. I have had the pleasure of hosting Mike two different times. Once with Terry and once with Mark. I loved both of the opportunities, and I really enjoyed the show with Terry, but the level of amazement was way higher with Mike & Mark together.

Depending on what results I get back next week, on whether I have a job or not, may provide an opportunity for me to sneak 250 miles away, to the Roxana, IL show, on 11/22.

"Can't get no fancy notes on my blue guitar...
Hey...Wait...I don't have a blue guitar!"
11-12-2004 21:26 Cinco de Bret is offline Send an Email to Cinco de Bret Homepage of Cinco de Bret Search for Posts by Cinco de Bret Add Cinco de Bret to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Cinco de Bret: forty dlux
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

In the few times I have met him, I found that Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mike is pretty laid back and easy to chat with! Pleased
11-12-2004 22:17 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Muddy Ashes Muddy Ashes is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 10-05-2004
Favorite 77s album: Fun with Sound, if that counts

Thread Starter Thread Started by Muddy Ashes
RE: In the few times I have met him, I found that Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the positive feedback.

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Mike is pretty laid back and easy to chat with! Pleased

Yeah, he's great; I just suck at talking. Even to non-guitar heroes.

11-12-2004 22:57 Muddy Ashes is offline Send an Email to Muddy Ashes Search for Posts by Muddy Ashes Add Muddy Ashes to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

good review Muddy!

I can't wait to see them on the 22nd Big Grin

Was I ever on the inside?
11-13-2004 06:48 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Ft. Myers, FL

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH