77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » What's with the "7 and 7 Is" thing again? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What's with the "7 and 7 Is" thing again? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

What's with the "7 and 7 Is" thing again? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not that it matters I guess, but what makes this a 7 and 7 Is recording? I'm confused - considering the last time this was used was for More Miserable.

This new 10 song CD seems like a 77s recording to me. Unless I guess Bruce is absent. But they've had 3 drummers since the band's inception anyway. Who's doing drums?

10-25-2004 22:08 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it seems like it's not quite a band record, but more than a solo outing! Big Grin
10-27-2004 04:26 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

my 2 cents...

the 77's is the collaboration, song writing, and musical expression of M. Roe, D. Leonhardt, & B. Spencer...

7&7is - a moniker for Mike to do something that is a solo deal...

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

10-27-2004 08:20 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I think this is a Mke & Mark deal, etc.
10-27-2004 09:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

I like it! Big Grin

Was I ever on the inside?
10-28-2004 10:23 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit

Who's doing the drums?

10-28-2004 21:30 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
AngelHosea
Someone New

Registration Date: 10-29-2004

Drums Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I believe there's a surprise guest "playing" drums on a few tracks. Smile
10-29-2004 10:50 AngelHosea is offline Send an Email to AngelHosea Search for Posts by AngelHosea Add AngelHosea to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered
RE: Drums Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by AngelHosea

Wouldn't be the A train would it? Cool
10-29-2004 11:59
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

RE: Drums Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:

Don't do that to me.

10-29-2004 14:33 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
dennis
Happy Roy

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

why not? Tongue
10-30-2004 04:21 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:

Don't do that to me.

Why, Kit? Would that be too much to bear?
10-31-2004 06:19
dennis
Happy Roy

All the drummers the 7's had are good!
Even the drum machines sounded good! Tongue Shocked

Bruce Spencer is a great rock-n-roll drummer! Pleased

The A-Train was also pretty awesome! Smile )
10-31-2004 06:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Roll Eyes

Was I ever on the inside?
10-31-2004 16:37 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Tee Hee Hee......
11-01-2004 13:44 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

I'm not anti-Bruce at all, but I am definitely pro-A train, so that works for me.

11-01-2004 13:55 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

I said don't do that to me because A-Train is my fav drummer ever.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not anti-Bruce.

11-01-2004 21:23 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
dennis
Happy Roy

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think having the A-Train play would be very cool too! Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 11-01-2004 21:40.

11-01-2004 21:40 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Tee Hee Hee......

Are you being coy??? Shocked
11-01-2004 21:41 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
I said don't do that to me because A-Train is my fav drummer ever.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not anti-Bruce.

I'm not anti-Bruce either. I just think Bruce is a great drummer who is in demand and is out touring with other bands to make a living. So, who better to fill the void than the A-train.

I saw on the listserv that the A-train is playing with Mike and Mark on the Nashville stop.
11-02-2004 08:19
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

quote:
Originally posted by j77
[quote]Originally posted by Kit

I saw on the listserv that the A-train is playing with Mike and Mark on the Nashville stop.

now i am REALLY excited!

11-02-2004 08:49 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » What's with the "7 and 7 Is" thing again?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH