77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Roe on new AAR CD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Roe on new AAR CD
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: Oooops! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by theo
Had a feeling my "third wheel" comment would be misconstrued. I wasn't referring to Derri or anybody else--only me! Shocked

We do on occasion have something get misconstrued around here, theo--it's harder to understand people that you can't see, I think.

09-03-2004 10:14 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
theo theo is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 09-01-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by theo
In the words of the master Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"I don't mean any harm, I don't mean any harm..." Red Face

Big Grin

09-03-2004 16:55 theo is offline Send an Email to theo Homepage of theo Search for Posts by theo Add theo to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

RE: In the words of the master Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll quote you....

09-05-2004 18:27 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

RE: In the words of the master Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I suppose it would be more useful to put a critique of the album here, rather than comments on the comments; unfortunately, it hasn't arrived yet.

09-05-2004 18:39 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
theo theo is a male
Baby Elvis

Dear Marti Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just got your letter today. Thank you. And tomorrow I'll slip a return "letter" in the mail for you. Big Grin

May I just say here (appropriately) and now (any time is good) that Roe is one of the highest delights on this album. I mean it is all splendid--each contribution from Terry, Carolee Mayne, Jeff Elbel, Bill Harmon--they're all so good. But Michael's vocal is...warm and delightful. You'll enjoy it, I've no doubt.

09-07-2004 20:00 theo is offline Send an Email to theo Homepage of theo Search for Posts by theo Add theo to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

RE: Dear Marti Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Just got your letter today. Thank you. And tomorrow I'll slip a return "letter" in the mail for you. Big Grin

May I just say here (appropriately) and now (any time is good) that Roe is one of the highest delights on this album. I mean it is all splendid--each contribution from Terry, Carolee Mayne, Jeff Elbel, Bill Harmon--they're all so good. But Michael's vocal is...warm and delightful. You'll enjoy it, I've no doubt.

Thank you much, sir!

I look forward to hearing works by this collection of people, and will probably order CAA....I shortly. Bill Harmon's comments on the Strawboard have been a lot of help to me. I can also believe your comment--the person that I encountered in Springfield was warm and delightful, and out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks (or sings).

Frown Now, if we could just convince the rest of the world of that....

09-08-2004 04:40 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Hey Theo! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That is a very listenable album, with a wonderful set of messages gently and masterfully delivered. Watch your mail again in the coming week.

09-11-2004 08:17 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

CAA.. I is a great album. I think you'd like it Marti. It's beautifully done and breaks my heart everytime I listen to it. Crying but in a good way. Smile )

Was I ever on the inside?
09-11-2004 08:34 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
theo theo is a male
Baby Elvis

Thank you, Marti & Rob both Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am so glad to hear of your enjoyment. Means a great deal. Tell friends, 'cause it is more about the "story" than the music itself and hopefully it will all continue to bless people and encourage them in their relationships.

Also, if any of you live in the St. Paul area of MN, I will be playing in Stillwater with a number of other chums on Saturday October 2nd and speaking at a local church (briefly) on October 3rd. The gig on the 2nd ought to be a hoot!

Also, Michael & Terry and I are slated to do our, now traditional, AAR Xmas Party, in Bellingham WA this December 11th. Then...I believe I shall rest and let the CDs and the book and whatever we have all accomplished together "do its thing."

Bless you all! Big Grin

09-11-2004 08:48 theo is offline Send an Email to theo Homepage of theo Search for Posts by theo Add theo to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

RE: Thank you, Marti & Rob both Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I am so glad to hear of your enjoyment. Means a great deal. Tell friends, 'cause it is more about the "story" than the music itself and hopefully it will all continue to bless people and encourage them in their relationships.

Also, if any of you live in the St. Paul area of MN, I will be playing in Stillwater with a number of other chums on Saturday October 2nd and speaking at a local church (briefly) on October 3rd. The gig on the 2nd ought to be a hoot!

Also, Michael & Terry and I are slated to do our, now traditional, AAR Xmas Party, in Bellingham WA this December 11th. Then...I believe I shall rest and let the CDs and the book and whatever we have all accomplished together "do its thing."

Bless you all! Big Grin

It would be great if those shows were available as boots, DVDs, or whatever.

I will keep an eye out for opportunities to share these works. I have found as a parent of a special needs child (my son has ADD and PTSD due to abuse) that such situations can create isolation from "normal" families and a need for empathy to be extended between parents that have also faced unusual challenges. Blessings on your journey! Pleased

09-11-2004 09:29 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Roe on new AAR CD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH