77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » The Fan Clubs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Fan Clubs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

The Fan Clubs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know the Audioris have mentioned re-doing the fan clubs I was just thinking about some stuff today that I thought would be cool.

$25 a year for membership. Access to a members only website that could contain chords and tabs of 77s songs. Maybe a recording journal or writings from Mike, Mark, Bruce or past members. Some member exclusive MP3s, could be live stuff recorded at recent shows or whatever. Maybe a Q&A with the band. Members could submit questions and the guys could answer them if they had time.

Another idea I had would probably work better on the DAmb since there are more MB members there. I think it would be cool to have Message Board T shirts. They could have the band logo, mention the message board and have your username on it somewhere.

Maybe I would be the only person to buy one but I thought it might be cool. Cool

Was I ever on the inside?
08-24-2004 22:03 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Some good suggestions.. keep em comin folks. Still
not sure whats going to happen with the clubs... any
suggestions might affect the overall decision.
08-24-2004 22:22 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Cinco de Bret Cinco de Bret is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 08-23-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Some good suggestions.. keep em comin folks. Still
not sure whats going to happen with the clubs... any
suggestions might affect the overall decision.

Rob 3.0 is full of it.

Shocked

I mean, full of good ideas. Big Grin

I could get excited about that!!!

"Can't get no fancy notes on my blue guitar...
Hey...Wait...I don't have a blue guitar!"
08-24-2004 22:29 Cinco de Bret is offline Send an Email to Cinco de Bret Homepage of Cinco de Bret Search for Posts by Cinco de Bret Add Cinco de Bret to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Cinco de Bret: forty dlux
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Since I insist on doing things by snail mail I succeeded at doing nothing but having a check get lost before it got there. I'm not a good one to ask, I guess. My only comment is that I would hope that we could have some kind of control on discussions with the band so that rude, unnecessary stuff could get shut down quickly. There are ways to ask questions or disagree, and there are ways not to do it. I don't think that the band needs any more abuse.

08-26-2004 04:59 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

i promise i won't ask anything about half pizzas.

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
08-26-2004 12:20 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

quote:
Originally posted by .evangeline.
i promise i won't ask anything about half pizzas.

This just concerns you so--I'm beginning to worry that you have worms, Baxers. Frown

08-26-2004 12:24 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Radioactive Hatchling

Could be Crying

08-26-2004 12:35 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

The Fan Clubs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ring up the horses next door and see if they'd share a little wormer paste--there's no sense in you being hungry all of the time! Frown

08-26-2004 13:13 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Radioactive Hatchling

ok

08-26-2004 13:43 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Dreamlands Dreamlands is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-12-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

I also like the idea of a "Members Only" MB. The username on the T-shirts? Hmm. For all the aliases some of you have, that could gen a lot of cash...

My experience with the club has been very positive: orders filled on time, no hassles with using plastic. A suggestion I have offering an item from the web store with the membership, if cutting a fan-club-only CD is not possible.
08-29-2004 16:06 Dreamlands is offline Send an Email to Dreamlands Search for Posts by Dreamlands Add Dreamlands to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Dreamlands: vision170
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love the idea of a fan club!!!! All of the above Ideas are awesome!!!!!

08-29-2004 19:36 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamlands
A suggestion I have offering an item from the web store with the membership, if cutting a fan-club-only CD is not possible.

You mean like having special item(s) available only to
club members?

We actually talked about that a little bit.. I don't think
we've ran it by Mike & the guys yet, though. We wondered
what it would be like to lower the subscription cost - maybe
send out something with the subscription (like an exclusive
sticker or something) - then have a special store setup for
club members to order exclusive products. Like special
tshirts or the fan club releases.. or maybe some approved
"bootleg" releases.... that kind of thing. Hopefully price them
all low enough that club members wouldn't be paying a
fortune to get it.

Something like this would solve many of the problems we had
with the way the clubs were set up in the past... what does
everyone think of something like this?

Keep the suggestions coming. We'll send all of the best
ones to the guys and see what they say.
08-29-2004 22:20 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Thread Starter Thread Started by rob 3.0

That sounds like a great idea. But I thought dreamlands meant offering an existing cd from the store free with membership. Although I like your idea better. Maybe you could even have a way to earn points by referring members, promoting the band, putting links on websites, calling radio stations, buying stuff from the webstore and stuff like that and have certain items that you can only get with points.

Was I ever on the inside?
08-29-2004 22:26 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Dreamlands Dreamlands is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-12-2004

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0
That sounds like a great idea. But I thought dreamlands meant offering an existing cd from the store free with membership. Although I like your idea better. Maybe you could even have a way to earn points by referring members, promoting the band, putting links on websites, calling radio stations, buying stuff from the webstore and stuff like that and have certain items that you can only get with points.

Rob, you're right about what I thought, but I like these ideas better!
My idea about a free item came from thinking about all those who wanted a fan-club CD, but they had run out.

Or, here's another one: offering a soon-to-be-released CD to club members in advance of the release date. Or a "frequent fan" card - earn points for each show you attend, after so many you get an item.
08-30-2004 08:11 Dreamlands is offline Send an Email to Dreamlands Search for Posts by Dreamlands Add Dreamlands to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Dreamlands: vision170
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Originally posted by Dreamlands
A suggestion I have offering an item from the web store with the membership, if cutting a fan-club-only CD is not possible.

You mean like having special item(s) available only to
club members?

We actually talked about that a little bit.. I don't think
we've ran it by Mike & the guys yet, though. We wondered
what it would be like to lower the subscription cost - maybe
send out something with the subscription (like an exclusive
sticker or something) - then have a special store setup for
club members to order exclusive products. Like special
tshirts or the fan club releases.. or maybe some approved
"bootleg" releases.... that kind of thing. Hopefully price them
all low enough that club members wouldn't be paying a
fortune to get it.

Something like this would solve many of the problems we had
with the way the clubs were set up in the past... what does
everyone think of something like this?

Keep the suggestions coming. We'll send all of the best
ones to the guys and see what they say.

Two thumbs up for all of the above!!!!!!!!! Get 'er rolling!!!!

08-30-2004 15:35 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

[quote]Originally posted by Dreamlands
I also like the idea of a "Members Only" MB. quote]

I don't know that a "Members Only" mb would be feasible, but would a Members Only forum with a password (like the DAmb dump) be possible? That might be a place to do chatrooms with the band, if they were so inclined.

On the free stuff concept--if there was going to be free stuff, a way to avoid some of the past problems with getting things printed in time would be to use existing product. I don't know that I need free stuff, particularly, but that would eliminate the problem of getting the supply to keep up with the demand.

Another thought that I had would be to do discounts (with a yearly cap so it wouldn't exceed whatever was paid for membership) on existing merchandise or allow a set credit per year to members.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 09-08-2004 10:12.

09-08-2004 05:00 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

I joined the fan club to get the 'fan club release' CD's. I geuss that's what I like - some 'rare' stuff. I'm probably in the minority but I'm not a downloader of music (yet). I prefer to buy an actual CD. Call me crazy!

Fan Club Releases!!

09-08-2004 10:28 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Registration Date: 06-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: The Funky Crow Thang
Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Keep yr eyes peeled on yr mailbox, bubba.... Big Grin

(this is my official work photo, BTW... Tongue Shocked )
09-08-2004 10:44 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Got it! Check your PM. ]

cool Cool

09-13-2004 09:16 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Registration Date: 06-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: The Funky Crow Thang
Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

Got it. Check YOUR PM. Big Grin

(this is my official work photo, BTW... Tongue Shocked )
09-13-2004 09:19 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » The Fan Clubs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH