77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Echos O' Faith spelling » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Echos O' Faith spelling
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Echos O' Faith spelling Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

With the reissue of Echos O' Faith, I finally noticed it's not spelled the "correct" way. I can't believe I've never noticed it before. The plural of echo is echoes - with an e. Just to be sure, however, I looked up echos to make sure it wasn't an alternate spelling and found this definition:

Echos: melody type associated with early Byzantine liturgical chant. The eight echoi (hence, the collective oktoechos) of the Byzantine system were probably derived from Syrian music, and the concept of echos is also found in Armenian, Russian, and Coptic chant.

So now I wonder if the spelling of echos was intentional given the musical definition of echos.

So what's the scoop on Echos?
07-10-2012 05:46 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

nice observation!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
07-10-2012 05:54 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by jason
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks.

Also happened to notice the wrong year is given in the discography:

http://77s.com/music/echosofaith/index.html

It says Echos O' Faith was released 1991, not 1996.
07-10-2012 06:01 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Good finds, Jason. I also wondered about the release date when I picked up EOF used on Amazon.

07-10-2012 06:57 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Our discography is full of errors. We will be working on correcting them gradually.

If any of you nitpickers would like to take the time to find all the gaffes on any part of our website(s), that would help us tremendously.
07-10-2012 08:16 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

Ok...regarding the EoF recording, my copy is a "Fools of the World" release, and it has the date as '96. The inside cover credits a few of the songs as being written in '92. Obviously, it was a prophetic recording of songs yet to be written.

Big Grin

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
07-10-2012 08:55 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Likewise, BC. Fools of the World/96/92 credits for songs in liner notes.

07-10-2012 10:27 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

A lot of the current discography info was cut and pasted from wikipedia of all places... just as a placeholder. we needed to get a lot of information up very quickly. any error corrections are appreciated.
07-10-2012 11:45 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

http://www.77s.com/music/drowningwithlandinsight/index.html

Drowning With Land in Sight is definitely 1994, not 1993. I bought that thing the week it came out and it is fastened to memories of May/June 1994.

07-10-2012 16:52 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

^I want a ticket to the ride in Kit's profile pic. Happy

07-10-2012 17:01 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Echos O' Faith spelling

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH