77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Dave's Blues » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dave's Blues
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

Dave's Blues Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just curious if "Dave's Blues" has ever been released as it was originally intended?

Not trying to be perverse, but the whole 'backtrack' thing drives me crazy on DWLIS and every version I've heard live, Mike comes up with a creative way to omit "THE WORD"

"Sweaty, Midwestern, White" etc...

Big Grin

If it's not out there, does the original version still exist? and has there ever been discussion on releasing it? Is it a copyright issue?
04-28-2011 19:45 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

IMO, the Word label needs to a big honkin kick right in the ***! Big Grin

04-29-2011 17:39 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It has never been released properly. I’m not sure whether I have a mix handy anywhere that could be mastered with the WORD in it -- it might be on a safety DAT somewhere from the original sessions. I agree with you guys but I was at the end of my energies over that 18 years ago. It’s like, who cares now anyways?

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
who cares.jpg

04-29-2011 21:43 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Robinbrevard Robinbrevard is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-20-2009

In any event, cool photo, Doc -- so flattering!

How do you smokers keep them attached to your top lip like that?!?

Big Grin
05-04-2011 09:24 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

it’s all in the wrist action Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Actually it’s the cigarette that does the smoking.

I’m just the sucker.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
wafflecig2 copy.jpg

05-04-2011 18:19 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Wow, pictures of indoor smoking!
How rare!
05-13-2011 01:50 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 06-05-2006
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

IMHO, Dave's Blues kicks ass just as it is - it probably has a heater hanging out of its mouth, too!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Chesterdox: 07-20-2011 14:15.

07-20-2011 14:13 Chesterdox is offline Send an Email to Chesterdox Homepage of Chesterdox Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Chesterdox: none YIM Account Name of Chesterdox: none View the MSN Profile for Chesterdox
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Dave's Blues

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH