77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Favorite Concert Quotes » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Favorite Concert Quotes
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Bret 3B Bret 3B is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 06-30-2004

Favorite Concert Quotes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mike, responding to someone at the Atlanta BBQ that shouted "Freebird" - "I got a freebird for ya...."

Kinda like the "Doublemint Twins"
08-10-2004 06:54 Bret 3B is offline Send an Email to Bret 3B Homepage of Bret 3B Search for Posts by Bret 3B Add Bret 3B to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Bret 3B: fortydlux
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! I love Concert Quotes :-) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.danielamos.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=3617&sid=

08-10-2004 09:51 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Dreamlands Dreamlands is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-12-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Terry's response to a "Freebird" request from the back: "I rebuke you, bro."
08-11-2004 17:10 Dreamlands is offline Send an Email to Dreamlands Search for Posts by Dreamlands Add Dreamlands to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Dreamlands: vision170
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"is it possible that I have a neurological imperception"

mike as he is searching for his second misplaced capo... Richmond, VA 3-26-04

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

08-12-2004 05:05 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Bret 3B Bret 3B is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 06-30-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Bret 3B

When I was a little boy, I used to listen to folk music......

I hated it.

Now I do it for a living. That was God's punishment. - Mike Roe, Springfield, MO 4/7/2004

Kinda like the "Doublemint Twins"
08-12-2004 10:49 Bret 3B is offline Send an Email to Bret 3B Homepage of Bret 3B Search for Posts by Bret 3B Add Bret 3B to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Bret 3B: fortydlux
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

"God bless you, goodnight!"

Shocked

08-14-2004 14:37 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Dreamlands Dreamlands is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-12-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

DA Concert, C'Stone 2002, I think...

Terry was leading everyone in a chorus of The Happy Wanderer ("valderi, valdera," etc.) and then said, "You all sound like a bunch of Hitler Youth!"

Shocked
08-14-2004 16:38 Dreamlands is offline Send an Email to Dreamlands Search for Posts by Dreamlands Add Dreamlands to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Dreamlands: vision170
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Mike Roe

"This is not Dick Dale on Acid losing his mind"

during Terry's guitar "solo" on "dust on the bible"...

08-19-2004 09:13 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

"we will now be performing 311's big hit!"

M. Roe @ c-stone 2001

~ ffphreeack!! ~

08-19-2004 10:09 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

During the 1994 show at The Woodlands, TX - The 77s were experiencing technical difficulties so Mike went on to say....

"OK, so this guy walks into a bar and sits down, and has a drink........then another guy walks into the bar, and he sits down and has a drink........then another guy walks into the bar, he also sits down and orders a drink........"

I can't remember if he said it again, I just remember there never being a punchline.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 09-23-2004 20:57.

09-23-2004 20:56 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Johnny Johnny is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 07-27-2004

In response to feedback Michael utters some sort of rebuke, I can't remember exactly how it goes right now but I'll never forget the time he shared with the audience;
"I left my capo in my other pants"
09-24-2004 00:41 Johnny is offline Send an Email to Johnny Search for Posts by Johnny Add Johnny to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Johnny: jklucas51
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Mike's typical "rebuke" to feedback, "You can't land that here!!... in the name of..."

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

09-24-2004 04:15 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Registration Date: 06-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: The Funky Crow Thang
Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"SHUT YR FAITHIN' MOUTH!!!"
-- Ray Davies to brother Dave, just before chasing him around and behind the stage for 10 minutes during the encore before 70,000+ fans in....

"Phil.... Phil.... Philadelphia,
And when I leave, I'll be so much wealthiah...."
-- Brother Ray, same concert, half an hour earlier Big Grin

(the piece where he mocks Loverboy's "this half of the crowd versus that half of the crowd" cheering b.s. -- and redirecting all 70,000+ fans to cheer for this one guy sitting way up in the rafters in the middle of nowhere -- was equally priceless.... as was dragging Chrissie Hynde out on stage pretty much against her will to say hello, as you could clearly hear her say, "No Ray... please don't do this...." then brusquely shoving her back offstage the second she finally capitulated, only to start chasing Dave again as the house music went on.... gee, wonder why she dumped him? Shocked )

(yeah, he WAS clearly drunk from the get-go -- why do you ask?)

(hey, no-one SAID this was specifically a mike-related thread -- in which case, I'd have to go with his introduction of Mark Harmon to wild cheering, and his response, "Oh YES -- what a lucky fiiiiind...." You had to've heard it, I suppose. Bret can explain. Big Grin )

(this is my official work photo, BTW... Tongue Shocked )

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 09-24-2004 05:33.

09-24-2004 05:30 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Mike Roe, Roxana IL - "I was going to wear a dress out on stage to shake things up a little but Mike Knott already did that."

Was I ever on the inside?
11-24-2004 09:07 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

"When we drove in here, we were kind of afeared."

- Mike Roe, Roxana, IL 11/22/2004

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
12-02-2004 13:44 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

"We thought, my goodness, these oil refineries have hi-jacked Christmas" - Mike Roe - Roxana, IL 11/22/2004 (talking about the oil refineries, that had the place lit up with a bunch of Christmas lights)

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 77 bc: 12-02-2004 13:52.

12-02-2004 13:44 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

"You guys need to shut up and listen" - Mike Roe, Roxana, IL 11/22/2004

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
12-02-2004 13:46 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

"It's a recital" - Mark
"This is a recital, and you will listen, and you will dig it!" (then the lighting guys shut off the lights)
"Oh, WOW, man..." - Mike
"Now we can see you" - Mark
"now we see who has total power" - Mike

(Roxana, IL 11/22/2004)

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 77 bc: 12-02-2004 13:52.

12-02-2004 13:50 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
"When we drove in here, we were kind of afeared."

- Mike Roe, Roxana, IL 11/22/2004

Were we worried that the oil refineries were going to erupt from the heat of the lights? Confused

12-03-2004 10:36 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

"What are you doing??? Are you trying to psycodelicize our one hit? Trying to turn it into some kind of weird "love in" - Mike Roe, Roxana, IL 11/22/2004

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
12-03-2004 13:38 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Favorite Concert Quotes

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH