77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » lost dogs site problem » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page lost dogs site problem
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

lost dogs site problem Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Both Firefox and Chrome are blocking thelostdogs.com as a harmful site.

Firefox says it is an attack page.
Chrome says it hosts malware.
01-25-2011 06:31 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: lost dogs site problem Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I’m on a Mac and am fine on Chrome, Camino, AOL and Firefox. Oddly enough, this warning appears on Mac’s native browser Safari, of all things.

I will make sure the Townsend Brothers are made aware of this ASAP.
01-25-2011 12:28 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
jason
Someone New

Thread Starter Thread Started by jason
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Firefox isn't showing the warning for me anymore. Chrome still is. I also tried IE 8, Opera, and Safari (all on Windows) and none of them complained. So for me, it's just down to Chrome. Maybe that will clear up soon too.
01-25-2011 13:16 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Checking into it...
01-25-2011 16:35 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Check and see if you're still getting it...

I think it was just some code messed up on the intro page. I don't know how it happens, but its happened before. Sometimes things get messy when theres a bunch of hands in the meal.. something gets uploaded halfway or edited or someone changes something thinking another person is doing something else, etc, etc.
01-25-2011 16:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

I’m still getting the warning on Safari as of midnight tonight. Not good.
01-26-2011 00:44 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-454.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2005
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked, today anyway

Same here. I just tried on Safari and got the warning. It's not showing with Camino, Chrome or Firefox. Weird.

01-26-2011 01:20 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

Firefox is showing it for me again. Chrome still is. I don't know about Safari, but for the other two browsers, the warning originates from Google.

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firef
ox&hl=en-US&site=http://www.thelostdogs.com/

Google says you can request a review of your site Google Webmaster Tools

http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/

I think you need to get Google to re-review the site, otherwise it might be a while before it's analyzed again.
01-26-2011 05:43 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Administrator

OK, maybe its something a little different then. I was getting it.. fixed some issues on the main page and then stopped getting it. So I thought maybe that fixed it.

I'll look into it some more.

Thanks fellas.
01-26-2011 20:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

I can't recreate the error now and my server folks are not seeing it either. They tried it on a whole bunch of browsers.

If you didn't already try it - try completely refreshing the page when you load it in (some browsers need you to hold down shift or something like that when you hit refresh to completely reload the page)

I just want to make sure you're not still seeing the version before the fix.
01-26-2011 20:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

It works for me in Firefox now. Chrome still gives me flak about http://thelostdogs.com/band.html and http://thelostdogs.com/store/.

I've tried clearing the Chrome cache, deleting cookies, and doing hard refreshes but the warning still displays. If I turn off the phishing and malware protection option in Google settings, then I don't get the warning page.

I'm sure it will go away eventually. It's probably some kind of server caching issue somewhere along the pipeline.
01-27-2011 06:26 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Someone New

In Safari I get the warning for every section of thelostdogs.com. Google said the suspicious activity was on 1-24-2011. Perhaps a spam posting on the forum occured on that day? I couldn't even get to the Band page in Safari. It's funny that it works fine in Chrome. Browser war tactics, perhaps?

01-27-2011 07:34 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thanks for the info guys. If anyone sees anything else please post here and let me know how/when/where/etc. I'm not currently seeing it anywhere.

We did have an attack of a bunch of spam on the Dogs board not long ago, so that could be linked somehow.

It may be nothing, but of course I want to be sure.
01-27-2011 08:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

Still seeing it on Safari on a Mac ~~
01-27-2011 21:12 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Someone New

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?tpl=safari&site=www.thelostdogs.c
om&hl=en-us

What is the current listing status for www.thelostdogs.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-01-24, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-01-24.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS20401 (HOSTWAY).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.thelostdogs.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

01-27-2011 22:41 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

I tried the sites again from home. At home, Firefox did not give me a warning, but Chrome did (on Windows again).

But this morning at work, Firefox is giving me the warning again. Chrome is still doing it. I've cleared the browser cache to be sure.

So Firefox has been inconsistent for me. But Chrome is consistently giving me the warning from two different locations..

I probably won't report anything further until next week. I doubt I will have anything new to say. I'll speak up when it seems to start working in Chrome again. I would think that Google needs time to update their review. Perhaps you can use the Google Web Tools to request a new review.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=168328
01-28-2011 06:22 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

The warning is showing up for the board and the site on Android Mobile. I pulled up a search for the board by typing in the board address. I can't remember accessing the board or the site from the phone. If I have, it wasn't recent.

01-28-2011 08:47 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

The browser in question was Google, by the way.

01-28-2011 19:13 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Maybe it's not a site problem Wink

~Saint Augustine~
01-31-2011 19:44 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Doctor Love

Still seeing it on Safari and nowhere else, which is about as weird as it gets for a Mac user ~~
01-31-2011 19:57 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » lost dogs site problem

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH