77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Dr Love on Altizer compilation » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dr Love on Altizer compilation
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Thumb Up! Dr Love on Altizer compilation Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My Dove nominated CD, "Soul Lift," is available for the first time ever on my web site - www.rickaltizer.com

The CD feature vocals by:
Johnny Cash
Russ Taff
Mike Roe (The 77's)
John Ellis (Tree63)
Steve Mason (Jars of Clay)
Mark Stuart (Audio Adrenaline)
and others.

Included in the package are 8 unreleased songs from the sessions that have never been heard before. There are some amazing surprises in these extras if you're a Johnny Cash or Russ Taff fan...but that's all I'll say about that.

Go to www.rickaltizer.com to listen to samples and purchase.

Here are some reviews in case you're interested in what nice things other people had to say about the record.

A multi-artist multi-faceted brilliant album. Totally creative and incredibly unusual. Soul Lift must rank as one of this year's most original releases. 10 stars out of 10!
CrossRhythms Magazine, Mike Rimmer

Soul Lift should certainly be remembered as one of the most original and unusual worship albums of the year. Defiantly daring and radical, Soul Lift is one of the most original-sounding releases of the year.
Robin Parrish, Christian Music, About.com

Exceedingly creative and satisfying. "A" rating
Youth Worker Magazine

Thanks for your interest and support,
Rick Altizer

01-12-2011 08:40 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The good doctor's song, "Mercy Seat", is great. Decent groove and great vocal. Maybe Mike could share a little bit about how he got involved with this project?

01-12-2011 09:34 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Rick asked me and I said yes. Went to his house in Nashville one afternoon with my harp and a Stratocaster and a coupla hours later we had a track.

It was an honor to be on an album with Johnny Cash and Vestal Goodman. What could be cooler than that?

Doctor Love has attached these images:
vestalgoodmanphoto.jpg
Johnny+Cash++18.jpg

01-14-2011 22:03 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

That's really cool Mike!
Johnny Cash has been my hero since I was about 3 years old!
Pleased
02-10-2011 08:27 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Question RE: Dr Love on Altizer compilation Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there is no option to just buy the dr love and man in black mp3s... Crying

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
02-10-2011 08:53 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Dr Love on Altizer compilation

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH