77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Phil K in 77s "Nuts for You" video?? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Phil K in 77s "Nuts for You" video??
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Robinbrevard Robinbrevard is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-20-2009

Phil K in 77s "Nuts for You" video?? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've been loving every minute of the 77s Collection DVD since I miraculously snagged the only available used copy in the universe on Amazon a few weeks ago.

Even though I'm late to the party, I have a question or two. Bear with me, those who got yours 4 years ago...

Trainspotter Question #1:

Is that the back of Phil Keaggy at the beginning of the "Nuts for You" promo video (the guy in the beret; looks like the backstage footage)? I was at the Sevens show at 328 Performance Hall in Nashville on Groundhog Day in Feb. 1993 when Phil jumped up on stage for 1 or 2 encores. The hair, the hats, everything looked the same as in the video. One of the best live concerts I've ever been to!

So the video was either filmed at the same show (and Mike's recollection is a little off -- he says in the liner notes it was 1992) or something very similar happened at the same place the prior year.
09-16-2010 04:41 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll have to watch this on the weekend. I haven't viewed it forever.

09-16-2010 04:54 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That was indeed Phil. I think he jammed with us on God Sends Quails and maybe Pray Naked? It’s been awhile.

It had to be 1992 because that’s when the album came out and the video was shot to promote that song. By ’93 we were well into the Drowning album and it would have been a little late in the game to be doing a video for an album that had been out for several months, but maybe so …. I can’t remember ..

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
keaggymc.jpg

09-16-2010 12:26 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Robinbrevard Robinbrevard is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-20-2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by Robinbrevard
Thanks Doc! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Doc,

It was definitely Groundhog Day 1993 (Feb. 2 to be exact). The early-in-the-year date in 1993 may explain the confusion.

Somewhere in my archives, I've got the full-page ad from City Paper that advertised the show.

Yes, Phil hopped up on stage for "God Sends Quail" and "Pray Naked." I've got the set list on my bootleg tape to prove it!

Man, that was an amazing show. Thanks for those memories.

And you're right; the "Nuts" video definitely rocks!
09-16-2010 13:43 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

I do remember a 1993 issue of CCM doing a review of a 77s concert and I am pretty sure it had a pic of Phil Keaggy playing with you guys, and it mentioned him playing on "God Sends Quails". I might even still have the issue somewhere...

09-16-2010 14:13 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Also when the heck did Phil get to hang with Paul like that? I think I have heard of this before but don't remember the circumstances.

09-16-2010 14:24 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Audiori J
unregistered

It was at a wedding, Phil played at a wedding of one of Linda's relatives I believe.
09-17-2010 05:53
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Phil K in 77s "Nuts for You" video??

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH