77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Mike Roe: An Unguarded Moment » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mike Roe: An Unguarded Moment
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Bow2Jesus
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-02-2010

Thumb Up! Mike Roe: An Unguarded Moment Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I converted all of my CDs to MP3 a while back. One day I heard "Caught in an Unguarded Moment" for the first time in a while. I was just as blown away as the first time I heard it more than twenty years ago when it first came out on vinyl. I had to listen to it several times in a row. There is a great album waiting inside of you to be released. Go back and listen to those first three albums again and again. Recapture that which has managed to slip from your grasp. At the end of life there is only God. Nothing will ever satisfy you like bringing people to Jesus. Just as "Messiah" was the final project for Handel but the one that he is best known for, I know that your greatest project, one for the ages, has yet to be born. The birth pains will be great but the joy will be greater.
09-02-2010 19:56 Bow2Jesus is offline Search for Posts by Bow2Jesus Add Bow2Jesus to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

well ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

alrighty ~~

Doctor Love has attached these images:
ping-pong-over-the-abyss1.jpg
coverNNNN.jpg
6.jpg

09-02-2010 21:58 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Did he just compare making a 77s album to giving birth?

09-02-2010 22:27 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

RE: Mike Roe: An Unguarded Moment Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Bow2Jesus
I converted all of my CDs to MP3 a while back. One day I heard "Caught in an Unguarded Moment" for the first time in a while. I was just as blown away as the first time I heard it more than twenty years ago when it first came out on vinyl. I had to listen to it several times in a row. There is a great album waiting inside of you to be released. Go back and listen to those first three albums again and again. Recapture that which has managed to slip from your grasp. At the end of life there is only God. Nothing will ever satisfy you like bringing people to Jesus. Just as "Messiah" was the final project for Handel but the one that he is best known for, I know that your greatest project, one for the ages, has yet to be born. The birth pains will be great but the joy will be greater.

Roll Eyes

09-04-2010 18:08 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Derek
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-04-2010

RE: Mike Roe: An Unguarded Moment Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Nothing will ever satisfy you like bringing people to Jesus.

What about after people come to Jesus? Why not make music for people who are growing in their faith and asking the deeper questions about what it means to be Jesus-followers in this day and age? What about music that celebrates and laments the experiences of life i.e. birth, death, relationships, etc? I've found Mike's recent works to be very profound in this regard. Walking with God is a journey and an artist's growth reflects that. Asking any artist to "go back" and recapture something they've already organically progressed from reveals a one dimensional view on what art is all about. Why not learn an instrument yourself, start a band and express what early 77's and the like inspire in YOU?
09-04-2010 18:59 Derek is offline Homepage of Derek Search for Posts by Derek Add Derek to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not a bad opening post there, Derek. Wink Too often certain fans of a singer/band try to impose their own dreams and "inner version" upon "their" artist. IMO, Bow needs to chillax and let Mike do his thing, and Bow needs to do his thing. Then I'll do my thing, you can do your thing, and with God, all things are possible. Big Grin

09-04-2010 20:23 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Billybobjackwad Billybobjackwad is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 12-09-2009
Favorite 77s album: All Fall Down

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i vorted Roll Eyes
09-04-2010 21:19 Billybobjackwad is offline Search for Posts by Billybobjackwad Add Billybobjackwad to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by Derek
quote:
Nothing will ever satisfy you like bringing people to Jesus.

What about after people come to Jesus? Why not make music for people who are growing in their faith and asking the deeper questions about what it means to be Jesus-followers in this day and age? What about music that celebrates and laments the experiences of life i.e. birth, death, relationships, etc? I've found Mike's recent works to be very profound in this regard. Walking with God is a journey and an artist's growth reflects that. Asking any artist to "go back" and recapture something they've already organically progressed from reveals a one dimensional view on what art is all about. Why not learn an instrument yourself, start a band and express what early 77's and the like inspire in YOU?

LMAO at both of you now! Ya'll are thinking about this S_Hit way too hard! WOW! Just let it be what it is.

09-05-2010 14:45 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Audiori J
unregistered

Some don't think about it hard enough. Actually, this subject has been talked about since the time of Jesus himself; 1 Corinthians 12
09-17-2010 08:37
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Mike Roe: An Unguarded Moment

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH