77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Where should I buy new cd? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Where should I buy new cd?
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Where should I buy new cd? Carl Salad 05-08-2010 22:04
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? Ping Pong Over the Abyss 05-08-2010 22:19
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? Kit 05-08-2010 22:12
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? audiori 05-08-2010 22:50
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? Doctor Love 05-09-2010 17:30
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? Rod 05-09-2010 21:53
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? me-is-e 05-10-2010 21:18
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? larryl 05-11-2010 06:06
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? larryl 05-11-2010 06:38
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? audiori 05-11-2010 07:26
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? larryl 05-11-2010 07:28
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? audiori 05-11-2010 07:42
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? larryl 05-11-2010 08:00
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? JR88 05-17-2010 07:32
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? JR88 05-19-2010 19:30
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? MarkyMark77 05-11-2010 07:51
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? audiori 05-11-2010 08:02
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? jason 05-17-2010 06:31
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? jason 05-19-2010 05:48
 RE: Where should I buy new cd? audiori 05-11-2010 07:55
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-27-2008

Where should I buy new cd? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The new Lost Dogs album drops on Tuesday, so where should I buy it?

If I buy it on band's website, I'm assuming the band get a bigger profit.

But if I buy it at a local Christian bookstore, it might encourage them to carry more good music. Right?

Or will it be on iTunes?

Does it really matter where I buy it?
05-08-2010 22:04 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

RE: Where should I buy new cd? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Salad
The new Lost Dogs album drops on Tuesday, so where should I buy it?

If I buy it on band's website, I'm assuming the band get a bigger profit.

But if I buy it at a local Christian bookstore, it might encourage them to carry more good music. Right?

Or will it be on iTunes?

Does it really matter where I buy it?

Carl, I don't see a pre-order for it on iTunes. It may show up on the release date.

05-08-2010 22:19 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Are Christian bookstores even carrying this one? I don't think they carried Lost Cabin...

That being said, I always assumed artists preferred you buy directly from them.

05-08-2010 22:12 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This question comes up a lot... more times than not, there really isn't an easy answer for it.

As you say, buying directly from the band or their website will put more money directly into their pockets... buying from a Cbstore might encourage them to support the band and buy more CDs in the future. Both are good things in their own way.

I don't know what the plans are for distribution yet, but my guess would be that it wouldn't show up in Cbs for a while. Typically, they like to try to pay off any production debt as quickly as possible by bringing in as many direct sales as they can.
05-08-2010 22:50 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Please buy it directly from us either at a show or on our website.

There will be no distribution either Christian bookstore or otherwise unless some miracle occurs. For now, the miracle is when you buy from us directly and enjoy it while we are able to pay the bills it took to record, master and manufacture it.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
lost dogs East Troy.jpg

05-09-2010 17:30 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

ready and waiting with my itchy trigger finger.
05-09-2010 21:53 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
me-is-e
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

Just ordered the CD and some postcards at the Lost Dogs store. Been looking forward to this for awhile, our 7 year old has too.

05-10-2010 21:18 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

$18, plus shipping? REALLY?

05-11-2010 06:06 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

will it be available for download somewhere? emusic?

05-11-2010 06:38 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
"Old Angel" is available on tour and online at www.thelostdogs.com. It will be available soon on iTunes.
05-11-2010 07:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
"Old Angel" is available on tour and online at www.thelostdogs.com. It will be available soon on iTunes.

some of us can't use itunes..... that's why i asked about emusic.

05-11-2010 07:28 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Administrator

Why can't you use iTunes?

If all esle fails, buy the CD and rip it to whatever format you want.
05-11-2010 07:42 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

quote:

itunes doesn't work in my OS.

plus the issues mark lists below.

itunes is THE music player for PC, if you can use it, whether you have an IPOD or not.

DL's tend to be cheaper than buying the physical disc, which is why i asked. i personally feel $18 plus shipping is too much to pay for an album. i'm sure someone will disagree, but that's how i feel.

05-11-2010 08:00 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:

itunes is THE music player for PC, if you can use it, whether you have an IPOD or not.

DL's tend to be cheaper than buying the physical disc, which is why i asked. i personally feel $18 plus shipping is too much to pay for an album. i'm sure someone will disagree, but that's how i feel.

you on Ubuntu?

05-17-2010 07:32 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

quote:
Originally posted by JR88
quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:

you on Ubuntu?

hey larry...just installed Ubuntu 10.04 on a guys laptop.....he was tired of Vista's crashing and I convinced him to switch.....anyhow, sorry for the off topic :-p

05-19-2010 19:30 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:

A lot of people don't have iTunes-compatible mp3 players, like me. Plus, they don't like the proprietary format. I know I don't. E-music would be great, and Bandcamp would be even better. You can put it up right now, charge what you want and its interface is very easy to work with. I know bands both well-known and extremely indie who use it, including mine. Very cool.

Also, I was wondering if the pre-orders have shipped?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 05-11-2010 07:53.

05-11-2010 07:51 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
[Also, I was wondering if the pre-orders have shipped?

Not yet.They'll be shipping out in the next few days.. not all of the CDs have arrived yet. Some sort of a delay from the manufacturer.

If you watch your inbox, you should receive a shipping confirmation *with tracking info*. Sometimes these emails get blocked or filtered, so you may have to look for it. This is a new system that we just started using recently.. working pretty well so far.
05-11-2010 08:02 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

quote:
If you watch your inbox, you should receive a shipping confirmation *with tracking info*. Sometimes these emails get blocked or filtered, so you may have to look for it. This is a new system that we just started using recently.. working pretty well so far.

I haven't gotten a tracking e-mail. What address is it from? I may need to get my ISP to unblock it.
05-17-2010 06:31 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

quote:
Originally posted by jason
quote:

I haven't gotten a tracking e-mail. What address is it from? I may need to get my ISP to unblock it.

I got the tracking e-mail. It's from "at" - uspsshippingapis.com. If I'd known the CDs weren't shipping until this week, I would've waited to ask about it.

Looking forward to getting it!
05-19-2010 05:48 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Administrator

For what its worth.. I didn't own an MP3 player (outside of the car) until recently and have been using iTunes for years.

I've always just purchased those handful of exclusive tracks or the occasional "one-hit-wonder" and immediately burned them to a CD. I don't get I ever really pull up iTunes just to listen to music.

Not saying anyone else has to do that.. but its always an option. Buying the CD works wonders though... you can rip it to any format and you have a physical backup in case something goes wrong.
05-11-2010 07:55 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Where should I buy new cd?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH