77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Best Roe related release this decade? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Best Roe related release this decade?
Fun With Sound 8 22.22%
Holy Ghost Building 7 19.44%
It's For You 4 11.11%
Say Your Prayers 4 11.11%
99 3 8.33%
A Golden Field of Radioactive Crows 2 5.56%
Orbis 2 5.56%
The Lost Cabin and the Mystery Trees 2 5.56%
Nazarene Crying Towel 1 2.78%
Happy Chrimbo 1 2.78%
Gift Horse 1 2.78%
Direct 1 2.78%
We All Gonna Face the Rising Sun 0 0.00%
Daydream 0 0.00%
Real Men Cry 0 0.00%
Total: 36 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Best Roe related release this decade? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Best Roe related release this decade? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So what is it?

*Assuming my poll shows up. Frown

EDIT

yea!! it did.

Note that I could only include 15 choices. So, I left off the comp Late. I also kind of forgot about that one Lost Dogs release...Island something rather? I'm sure I left off other things but I think I got the core releases in there...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 11-18-2009 23:20.

11-18-2009 23:18 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wow... i don't think i knew there were that many!

edit....

i have them all, just didn't realize mike had been involved in that many projects...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by larryl: 11-19-2009 07:26.

11-19-2009 07:25 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Say Your Prayers first, with a horse race between Daydream, Orbis, It's for You, and Happy Chrimbo depending on my mood (and the time of year, presumably).

11-19-2009 12:15 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Is this all of 'em?

What about the productions for Lisa Phenix, Matt Nightingale, Johnny Reliable, Jason Herring and Green Bracelet? Maybe those shouldn't count ....

ps. I farted
11-19-2009 13:03 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

I don't suppose that we can count singing in the car, either, huh?

Linda
11-19-2009 14:05 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Is this all of 'em?

What about the productions for Lisa Phenix, Matt Nightingale, Johnny Reliable, Jason Herring and Green Bracelet? Maybe those shouldn't count ....

ps. I farted

Nope, not all. But, the poll only allows up to 15 choices so I had to scale back.

also...excuse you Big Grin

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 11-19-2009 14:07.

11-19-2009 14:05 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

The right answer, by the way, is Fun With Sound...for those of you looking for direction. Wink

11-19-2009 19:40 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Singing in the shower might be appropriate after that incident, although it might be TMI for the poll.

....TMI for THIS Poll, anyway.

11-19-2009 20:39 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

I voted for Fun With Sound, not because Kit said so, just because it's a great fucking album.

~Saint Augustine~
11-19-2009 20:42 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

man I need to get 99.

11-19-2009 21:03 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

You should change it to check boxes and say "pick your favorite 3". There's not enough board activity for 15 options.
11-20-2009 05:51 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

I voted Direct...

but on another day - a different button I would push...

maybe the funky crow thang...

maybe FWS

another day...

SYP...

it just depends - Doc Love had a good decade.

~f

Dennis, the Dr. Rich, for Blackboard President
11-20-2009 12:14 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

Surprised so many voted for Fun With Sound or It's For You. I never get any comments on those, good or bad. It's always about Say Your Prayers.

I should have vorted for Happy Chrimbo. It's unfinished but I'm particularly proud of that one, mostly 'cuz we did it lightening fast like the Lost Dogs do. Consequently, it always sounds fresh and immediate to me rather than labored over. I always have bad feelings towards labored over albums even if I like them. I remember the work and the striving and only hear the mistakes and failings. This seems to be a universal thing amongst recording artists. I wish we had the balls to go back to the 50's (and earlier) method of recording, which was live in the studio. Elvis started the thing of doing endless takes to perfect a master so I can blame him I guess.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
1956_july_2_rca_studio_one_a.gif

11-20-2009 13:42 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Surprised so many voted for Fun With Sound or It's For You. I never get any comments on those, good or bad. It's always about Say Your Prayers.

I should have vorted for Happy Chrimbo. It's unfinished but I'm particularly proud of that one, mostly 'cuz we did it lightening fast like the Lost Dogs do. Consequently, it always sounds fresh and immediate to me rather than labored over. I always have bad feelings towards labored over albums even if I like them. I remember the work and the striving and only hear the mistakes and failings. This seems to be a universal thing amongst recording artists. I wish we had the balls to go back to the 50's (and earlier) method of recording, which was live in the studio. Elvis started the thing of doing endless takes to perfect a master so I can blame him I guess.

Well, I will confess that I was one of the "FWS" votards. I dig the layers of audio texture in that recording.

Of all my Christmas related discs, Chrimbo is towards the top of the heap.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
11-20-2009 14:20 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Happy Chrimbo is, hands down, the best Christmas album ever.

~Saint Augustine~
11-20-2009 16:54 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Doctor Love

My Dad says the same thing ~~ Pleased

I'm more inclined to listen to Perry Como's and Nat King Cole's ones but for a 'rock' xmas disc it's great -- just wish we would have finished it. Ran out of time and we talk about going back and doing more songs every year and we never do.

The only other rock xmas albums I like are the Phil Spector one, the Beach Boys' one and of course, Elvis Presley's one from the 50's. The second one he did in the 70's is not very good.

Doctor Love has attached these images (downsized versions):
elvis-presley-albums-4.jpg Elvis-Presley-Elvis-Sings-The-W-286205.jpg christmasphilspector.jpg
249511082_ca40ce4518.jpg CV7419.jpg

11-20-2009 23:00 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Well on this poll I voted for 99. Yes Kit, you do need 99! It might change your vote. As for Happy Chrimbo, I absolutely hate Christmas Music but this album was different for me and don't mind putting it on but NEVER before Thanksgiving!

11-21-2009 08:04 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

I just realized my copy of Daydream has 1999 on it. oh well.

On a somewhat related note, I also bought Gift Horse in 1999. The reason why I remember this was because I bought it in late December 1999 but I noticed that it had the year 2000 on it. It was the first CD I ever saw with a post-90s date.

11-21-2009 14:14 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

A lot of the charm of It's for You, imho anyway, is the old home week quality of the commentary and banter between the songs. There are also some eclectic things from out on the nice side of left field on there.

My son will be getting my spare copy of It's for You for Christmas. He's very proud of Doctor for playing "John Lee Blues". Pleased

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 11-22-2009 05:09.

11-22-2009 05:07 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
A lot of the charm of It's for You, imho anyway, is the old home week quality of the commentary and banter between the songs. There are also some eclectic things from out on the nice side of left field on there.

I concur 100% on this assessment!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
11-22-2009 07:58 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Best Roe related release this decade?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH