77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Brian Healy / D.A.S. - Devils, Angels & Saints » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Brian Healy / D.A.S. - Devils, Angels & Saints
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ping Pong Over the Abyss
I didn't have any problems to speak of. I use an Acer laptop with Mozilla Firefox browser. Perhaps it is a Mac thing. Shocked

Undoubtedly. Wink

Linda
08-11-2009 11:45 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

not a Mac problem. not really. see below. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeh that's the same prob. It should have opened in Adobe Reader -- was wondering why Preview opened it. But even when Preview does, it should open the whole thing.

Will update my version of reader and try it again. I probably need to reset the default opener for pdf's. It musta gotten changed at some point.

quote:
Originally posted by grandeped
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I don't understand this download. It only contains the cover, three brief review/interview thingies and an article about a band but it cuts off. What gives?

Are you looking at it on a Mac, using the Preview program? I looked at in that last night, and it did the same thing to me. It listed the three sections on the right hand list, instead of each page. I had to use the page down button on the top toolbar to get to each page - kind of a weird Mac thing. Don't know if that is our problem or not, but that is what happened to me on a Mac.
08-11-2009 11:59 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, anyone read the interview? It was interesting, but I found that his very coarse language WAY overshadowed his valid points about the church, etc. That was the only lasting impression for me. Always look forward the the new web issue, though.
08-15-2009 18:00 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

I loved the interview and didn't have any problem with the language at all. I am sure that surprises none of you here. His points were spot on about the church and I agreed with what he had to say 100%

08-16-2009 00:46 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
steveruff steveruff is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-09-2008
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

Yeah, I would like to know what more readers think! I thought Brian had some great points about the church, all very valid and very thought out, concise, etc. The profanity didn't bother me in the least, but I do understand how it can take away from what is being said, especially if one doesn't talk that way.

It was a long article for sure, but I like those. We actually had to edit out some because I felt if it got too long people would lose interest. Healy's a cool guy though, I really do like him!
08-16-2009 04:51 steveruff is offline Send an Email to steveruff Search for Posts by steveruff Add steveruff to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

I enjoyed the article and honestly it left me wanting to read a little more about him and his thoughts and so on.

A job well done. It was a very good and easy read.

08-16-2009 13:57 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

quote:
Originally posted by Rod
So, anyone read the interview? It was interesting, but I found that his very coarse language WAY overshadowed his valid points about the church, etc. That was the only lasting impression for me. Always look forward the the new web issue, though.

I felt the same way. I too struggle with profanity...but it's a whole different ballgame when you know that every word that you utter will be heavily scrutinized in a magazine article.

08-17-2009 03:35 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
grandeped grandeped is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-20-2008
Favorite 77s album: Pray naked

Maybe we can talk Steve in to doing an online exclusive extended version of the story Smile

If you like to buy print versions, we have those available for sale now. The pdf version is still free. Feel free to drop by our site to leave comments, or join our FaceBook page or follow us on Twitter to get updates on different bands more frequently.
08-21-2009 13:05 grandeped is offline Send an Email to grandeped Homepage of grandeped Search for Posts by grandeped Add grandeped to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit

I remember 4 or so years ago I posted a comment on Brian Healy's DAS myspace profile saying "Awesome, you've put Amy up there now!" - since he had just added the song "Amy" to his player. About 5 minutes later I had a friend request from Amy herself. haha

08-21-2009 14:14 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

quote:
Originally posted by steveruff
Yeah, I would like to know what more readers think! I thought Brian had some great points about the church, all very valid and very thought out, concise, etc. The profanity didn't bother me in the least, but I do understand how it can take away from what is being said, especially if one doesn't talk that way.

It was a long article for sure, but I like those. We actually had to edit out some because I felt if it got too long people would lose interest. Healy's a cool guy though, I really do like him!

I thought the interview was great.
100% Pure Brian! Cool
08-26-2009 14:43 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
steveruff steveruff is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-09-2008
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

Some may or may not know... Brian's wife and son were in a really bad car accident, they are on the mend but still need prayer. I guess this thread is an okay place to post this. If you are inclined to pray I am sure he would appreciate it.
08-29-2009 08:15 steveruff is offline Send an Email to steveruff Search for Posts by steveruff Add steveruff to your Buddy List
briandas1
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-02-2009
Favorite 77s album: all fall down

RE: Brian Healy / D.A.S. - Devils, Angels & Saints Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mr. Roe definitely played guitar with Derri on "Fall Apart" this is why I tell everyone not to believe everything they read Cool
Grace & Peace,
Brian Healy
09-02-2009 10:28 briandas1 is offline Send an Email to briandas1 Search for Posts by briandas1 Add briandas1 to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

RE: Brian Healy / D.A.S. - Devils, Angels & Saints Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by briandas1
Mr. Roe definitely played guitar with Derri on "Fall Apart" this is why I tell everyone not to believe everything they read Cool
Grace & Peace,
Brian Healy

Who are you and how the hell would you even know this? Mad

Tongue

Just kidding Brian. Thanks for checkin' in!!!!!!!!! Cool

09-02-2009 17:12 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

D.A.S. is on iTunes now...all 4 proper albums...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/dead-a...ome/id324464849

11-27-2009 15:28 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Rocks in your Head

That is great. I will be buying those next payday! Merry Christmas to me!!!!

11-27-2009 17:02 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

If you don't plan on getting all 4, I recommend starting with Prints of Darkness and Devils, Angels, & Saints first.

11-27-2009 19:12 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Rocks in your Head

I had them all at one point in the past but I plan on getting all 4 of them again.

11-27-2009 20:29 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
I had them all at one point in the past but I plan on getting all 4 of them again.

dig it

11-27-2009 20:42 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
brave sir robin
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 11-05-2008

I don't even see where how to down load.

Help?
12-10-2009 06:44 brave sir robin is offline Send an Email to brave sir robin Search for Posts by brave sir robin Add brave sir robin to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by brave sir robin
I don't even see where how to down load.

Help?

Do you have iTunes? If not, you need to download that first...

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Then, if you click on the aforementioned link, you should be able to pull up those 4 records.

12-10-2009 21:13 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Brian Healy / D.A.S. - Devils, Angels & Saints

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH