77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » Michael Roe - We All Gonna Face The Rising Sun » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Michael Roe - We All Gonna Face The Rising Sun
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J
unregistered
RE: Soundtrack material Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Big Jim

I'm still waiting on my copy of the new Roe CD! Frown I hope it gets here before the upcoming concert on Tuesday, 7/21. Either way, can't wait to hear it...

We sent out a ton of them right after Cornerstone, everyone should be seeing them any time now, except the international ones that take longer.
07-17-2009 11:34
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Thumb Up! RE: Soundtrack material Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i got mine 2 days after i ordered and it's brilliant! Pleased
great job doc love, jeffery k., and eric and jason! Cool

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
07-17-2009 12:01 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Always glad to hear it when it works right.

The album is pretty cool, I like the old time feel.
07-17-2009 15:52
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Received mine yesterday. Trying to find time to give a good listen. I finally got HGB with it, too, so I have 3 new discs to listen to now.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
07-25-2009 13:22 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 04-18-2009

Incredible delivery Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would have to say that it was the quickest turnaround that I have ever experienced. Great job.
07-25-2009 14:17 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

The first rule of the 77s: you don't talk about the 77s!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue

07-26-2009 03:12 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love the new CD.

Very strange, and very good.
I love those old 78s!

Big Grin
08-03-2009 17:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Sam e. Ching
Someone New

Registration Date: 03-26-2008

Without a doubt, "Dry Bones" is my favorite track. It is exquisite - the arrangement is very thoughtful - the ethereal electric guitar accents and the multiple backing vocal tracks are just really well done - thats a really great, really well-crafted piece of music - I bet doc love put in some hours on that one.
08-26-2009 18:24 Sam e. Ching is offline Search for Posts by Sam e. Ching Add Sam e. Ching to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Tongue! Thanks eChink : ) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dry Bones is one for the greatest hits, for sure. Wish the whole album was like that track. I need to stick to white music from now on.

Indeed, Doctor's own white music ~~ Roll Eyes
12-04-2009 10:39 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
klempp
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-25-2009

If that could at all mean that you are going to put out something of your own tunes soon I am all game!!! Well, not that I haven't enjoyed what has been put out Happy
12-06-2009 05:07 klempp is offline Send an Email to klempp Search for Posts by klempp Add klempp to your Buddy List
Big Jim Big Jim is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

We All Gonna... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"It don't matter if you're black or white" - the album is great, though I could also get excited about a new album of original songs! Dry Bones is probably my favorite track for the same reasons mentioned above. I feel similarly about Come to the Saviour. Jonah in the Wilderness is great and having heard the story behind the song at the concert in July makes it even more fun to listen to. I really like the old time feel of most of the tracks and the banjo playing on many of the tracks is cool...

The multi-layered voices on "We All Gonna Face the Rising Sun" and "I know my Time Ain't Long" is great - it feels haunted by the ghosts of those that originally recorded it. That must have taken some effort. Fun stuff. Overall, the album is a nice mellow sister to the more raucous sibling Holy Ghost Building. Both are great albums that are a lot of fun to listen to...

The only tune I do find myself skipping through most of the time is "I'm Going Home". I know the intent was probably to capture the authenticity of the original and possibly the drunken joy in the vocal delivery and it does a good job at that. Smile I haven't heard the original, so I can't say.

Oh, and how could I forget "Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down". The incendiary slide lead on this song is insane!

"...Rattlesnakes" is a great and funny story-telling tune I might expect to hear while traveling down the dusty Kentucky backroads and stopping in on some old folk's house for a rest on their verandah. Praying for God to providentially send more rattlesnakes to bring them to Jesus. Funny stuff... Thanks Doc!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Big Jim: 12-08-2009 11:07.

12-08-2009 07:53 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » Michael Roe - We All Gonna Face The Rising Sun

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH