77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Roe VS. Pritzl CD?!?? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Roe VS. Pritzl CD?!?? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Shocked RE: Judging Stonehill Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i love shut de door! Shocked
especially the version on uncle stonehill's hat... Pleased

Cool

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
06-18-2009 10:02 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like that song, and I 'get' what he does. If you are looking for a hard edged rock 'n roll guy or music its generally not Stonehill. If you want a goofy hippie rocker, then try Stonehill. Thats not to say he doesn't have some serious rock songs, but with stonehill you also get the goofiness.. the "American Fast Food" silliness is part of the package. I imagine he has gone overboard on "Shut De Do" probably because he has had to sing it every concert for the last 30 years or something and its somewhat of a fun, goofy song to begin with. So his concerts are full of regular rock songs and that song has become his goofiness release for the evening. Which is better than doing all the goofiness throughout some of his more serious stuff.
06-18-2009 10:09
juan ahmal juan ahmal is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-551.jpg

Registration Date: 08-06-2008
Favorite 77s album: TTB

shutupdedo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I do music for our vacation bible school every year and the kids always beg me to do that song.

06-18-2009 15:01 juan ahmal is offline Send an Email to juan ahmal Search for Posts by juan ahmal Add juan ahmal to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
I like that song, and I 'get' what he does. If you are looking for a hard edged rock 'n roll guy or music its generally not Stonehill. If you want a goofy hippie rocker, then try Stonehill. Thats not to say he doesn't have some serious rock songs, but with stonehill you also get the goofiness.. the "American Fast Food" silliness is part of the package. I imagine he has gone overboard on "Shut De Do" probably because he has had to sing it every concert for the last 30 years or something and its somewhat of a fun, goofy song to begin with. So his concerts are full of regular rock songs and that song has become his goofiness release for the evening. Which is better than doing all the goofiness throughout some of his more serious stuff.

he's got some incredibly sensitive, serious lyrical stuff for sure. You take the goof with the bad I guess... kinda like Swirling Eddies.

06-19-2009 20:53 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
blister soul blister soul is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-580.jpg

Registration Date: 06-30-2009
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
If the Roe v. Pritzl thing doesn't work, there's always...

Roe v. Knott?

Roe v. Tait?

Roe v. Smith?

Roe v. Card?

Big Grin

I would absolutely love that!

Or simply walking down the street

06-30-2009 20:46 blister soul is offline Send an Email to blister soul Search for Posts by blister soul Add blister soul to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Mike would win.
06-30-2009 21:50
me-is-e
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Mike would win.

I guess that would have to be the case either way. Big Grin

07-01-2009 10:05 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Got a newsletter e-mail from Pritzl today that alludes to the release of the Roe/Pritzl project in coming months. It was just a brief one-line mention because it wasn't really the subject. So nothing firm, but it sounds like something should happen eventually...

Keep hope alive...
11-02-2009 14:56 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Baby Elvis

Well there have been Violet Burning updates about the re-recording of Chosen so I think that's Pritzl's main focus right now.

11-02-2009 17:03 blister soul is offline Send an Email to blister soul Search for Posts by blister soul Add blister soul to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

we have a pulse ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I dropped Mr. P a line last week and he surprisingly responded in buckets, which I did not expect.

He told me he is 'working on it' and fully intends to mix and release in the coming months. It may be a little while yet, but I'm more hopeful than I was this past year, assuming that he simply lost interest. We spent all last Halloween re-recording most of it after his wedding, so I certainly hope that we move forward soon. As some great philosopher once said, time is slipping away ....

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
Doc Halloween.jpg

11-02-2009 18:38 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

quote:
Originally posted by blister soul
Well there have been Violet Burning updates about the re-recording of Chosen so I think that's Pritzl's main focus right now.

Wow really?

Roe V. Pritzl still sounds far more promising tho.

11-02-2009 18:53 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Baby Elvis

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
quote:
Originally posted by blister soul

Wow really?

Roe V. Pritzl still sounds far more promising tho.

Yeah. I'm a bit disappointed a lot of my favourite Chosen songs won't be on it. I'm speculating that it'll be similar to the I Am A Stranger In This Place album. I think there will also be other songs off of Strength.

11-02-2009 23:46 blister soul is offline Send an Email to blister soul Search for Posts by blister soul Add blister soul to your Buddy List
klempp
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-25-2009

Pritzl is recording some songs from Chosen and others (kinda like Stranger in this place) but he is also putting Chosen out as a whole unit to buy, he just got the rights back from vineyard. I think he is planning on putting it out as a towfer type of thing. So we can finally get Chosen on CD(for those that dont) and some updated versions also, which sounds kinda cool.

But I am also REALLY looking forward to hearing Roe Vs. Pritzl! Two of my favorite guitar players on one CD. I loved hearing the tours they did and I am hoping that the cool new version of I can't get over it is on there! I loved the way they redid that!
11-03-2009 05:56 klempp is offline Send an Email to klempp Search for Posts by klempp Add klempp to your Buddy List
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

RE: we have a pulse ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I dropped Mr. P a line last week and he surprisingly responded in buckets, which I did not expect.

He told me he is 'working on it' and fully intends to mix and release in the coming months. It may be a little while yet, but I'm more hopeful than I was this past year, assuming that he simply lost interest. We spent all last Halloween re-recording most of it after his wedding, so I certainly hope that we move forward soon. As some great philosopher once said, time is slipping away ....

Mike got married? That's surprising news. I didn't hear a thing about that from anybody.
11-03-2009 14:57 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
klempp
Someone New

Yeah he kinda kept it hush for some reason...not sure why. I thought I was just out of the loop or something with him and so didn't hear but many have said what he is married? I had heard rumors of it last Halloween and searched it on line and found some pics of him holding wedding rings and such and found some other things that kinda showed he was married but nothing concrete unti Dr. Love just said that he was married so I guess it is true. I heard he got married on Halloween so it has been a year now.
11-04-2009 02:23 klempp is offline Send an Email to klempp Search for Posts by klempp Add klempp to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

Yep yep yep, and Doctor sang "The Treasure In You" for the occasion. Some Mexicans brought a taco stand for the reception (amazing -- I even wore a sombrero) and Pritzl's dad dropped his pants during the goodwill speeches. Went to Disneyland the next day for the honeymoon with Mr. P, his blushing bride, the Violets and their entourage for the most amazing Halloween I've ever had ~~ Cool

halloween08d.jpg

11-04-2009 12:16 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
klempp
Someone New

I can't tell if you are being serious here or not...if you are then that is awesome! I already have Treasure in you picked out for the daddy daughter dance at my daughters wedding, especially since you dedicated it to her for me at one point when you sang it.

If you are not serious well then that is funny...I know how dare I think the good doctor would just being pulling my leg.....
11-04-2009 12:55 klempp is offline Send an Email to klempp Search for Posts by klempp Add klempp to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

All of the above post is true, honest injun! Big Grin

Pritzl horns in.jpg

11-04-2009 14:02 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Yep yep yep, and Doctor sang "The Treasure In You" for the occasion. Some Mexicans brought a taco stand for the reception (amazing -- I even wore a sombrero) and Pritzl's dad dropped his pants during the goodwill speeches. Went to Disneyland the next day for the honeymoon with Mr. P, his blushing bride, the Violets and their entourage for the most amazing Halloween I've ever had ~~ Cool

pics or it didn't happen Big Grin

11-04-2009 14:25 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Doctor Love

the only proof you will need Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My MaxiPad man approves this deal ~~

Doctor Love has attached this image:
MaxiPad.jpg

11-04-2009 14:36 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Roe VS. Pritzl CD?!??

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH