77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Roe VS. Pritzl CD?!?? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Roe VS. Pritzl CD?!?? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Roe VS. Pritzl CD?!?? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know that it's been recorded, and the last time I heard Mike say anything about it, he was waiting for Pritzl to mix it. Any chance this is coming out this year? The second tour especially was great, with both of them singing each other's songs. I'd love to have a permanent record of those performances.

05-15-2009 17:05 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Roe VS. Pritzl CD?!?? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Me too.

Last Fall I spent an entire weekend at Pritzl's house re-recording all my vocals and I know he did the same thing and added other cool stuff. Every time I speak with him he says he's 'working on it' but .....

All you guys who want this thing please write to him at michael@thevioletburning.com and beg him to mix it so it will come out.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
huggy bear.jpg

05-15-2009 17:46 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd buy this.

05-15-2009 18:26 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
I'd buy this.

Hell yeah!

05-15-2009 23:06 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Doctor Love

THEN WRITE TO HIM~~~ ALL OF YOU.

I can't get anywhere with it but maybe you can Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
quote:
Originally posted by Kit
I'd buy this.

Hell yeah!

Doctor Love has attached this image:
the two terrors.jpg

05-16-2009 14:10 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Thread Starter Thread Started by MarkyMark77

quote:
THEN WRITE TO HIM~~~ ALL OF YOU.

Done and done. No response yet.

05-16-2009 21:08 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

All of me wrote.

05-16-2009 22:22 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Last fall or winter Michael Pritzl sent out an e-mail saying that Pritzl-Roe cd was nearly complete along with a couple of other projects that he expected to be released soon. There have been other e-mails / announcements since then, but none of them talk about the pending projects.
05-18-2009 05:50 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Email to Mr. Pritzl sent.

~Saint Augustine~
05-18-2009 17:22 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Doctor Love

just as I figgered .... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

He's just forwarding them back to me ~~

megarolleyes.gif

05-18-2009 20:10 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
77sfan 77sfan is a male

RE: just as I figgered .... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All I got was a lame a$$ response from him, "No plans right now. Thanks"

What is his deal? Why doesn't he want to let this recording out?

~Saint Augustine~
05-18-2009 20:32 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Doctor Love

RE: just as I figgered .... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

He is currently ascribing to the 'theory of obscurity' put forth decades ago (unsuccessfully, I might add) by esoteric avant-garde band The Residents.

Hide. Create mystery and mystique. Build up hunger and demand by saying and doing nothing.

Who cares?

Meetcrawfish.jpg

05-18-2009 22:08 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

I keep forgetting there's a Roe/Pritzl unreleased project out there. Out of sight, out of mind. Frown

Linda
05-19-2009 00:50 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

My point exactly Miss Linda Mad

I think part of the problem is that he's not quite old enough to know what I know -- that you only have so much time to do this stuff in and that audiences and fans, even hardcore ones, move on. I certainly have, and on artists that I loved at least as much as you guys love us. Right now, all I'm getting out of any unreleased albums in the can is older and fatter.

(he did hint to me today that the project will come out 'this year', whatever that means ... )

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
I keep forgetting there's a Roe/Pritzl unreleased project out there. Out of sight, out of mind. Frown

Linda
05-19-2009 02:02 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
77sfan 77sfan is a male

Well, I for one won't forget this album is out there. I will however make dang sure that I forget all about some dude named Mike Pritzl. Big Grin

~Saint Augustine~
05-19-2009 05:28 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
He is currently ascribing to the 'theory of obscurity' credo put forth decades ago (unsuccessfully, I might add) by esoteric avant-garde band The Residents.

Hide. Create mystery and mystique. Build up hunger and demand by saying and doing nothing.

Who cares?

So is Mike going to be the first Christian artist to wear an iconic eyeball mask on tour? That might be bigger news than Mr. Webb's potty mouth.

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
05-19-2009 17:08 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

the 2 times i met pritzl he seemed like a pretty cool guy........
the residents connection should score him some street cred with dorfy........ Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
05-19-2009 17:53 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Roe V. Pritzl Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pritzl got his bottom kicked in Round 1 & Round 2, and is not in a hurry to go on permanent record with the results.

Big Grin

05-19-2009 20:53 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

I loved The Violet Burning's self titled and the Plastic and Elastic record. Aside from that, there's no other record that's really grabbed me as whole, even though I've pretty much bought everything he has put out. The Roe Vs. Pritzl thing in my mind has the potential to be the best Pritzl-related thing to come out in 11 years. I hope he goes through with it eventually. I'm kind of spooked to email him about it. Don't know if he's one of those "if they keep pestering me, I'll just sit on it longer" kinda guys. Big Grin

05-19-2009 22:30 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Doctor Love

He is. That's exactly it. He called my campaign to get you all to write him requesting the album 'the Roeians spamming me' and would have none of it.

Effer.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
Cab Galaway3.jpg

05-19-2009 22:37 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Roe VS. Pritzl CD?!??

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH