77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » "Hard Times Come Again No More" tour 2009. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "Hard Times Come Again No More" tour 2009. 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

"Hard Times Come Again No More" tour 2009. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lo-Fidelity presents, Mike Roe "Hard Times Come Again No More" tour 2009.

Everybody knows it's ugly out there, so why not join us as Mike plays songs that will share our collective blues while attempting to chase them away at the same time. No mean feat in these difficult days, but as we know, the Good Doctor always has plenty of good cheer and powerful medicine to help cure what ails us. Mike will be playing songs from the 77s' latest release "Holy Ghost Building" as well as the 'more miserable' and saddest songs he can find from his collective 77s/Lost Dogs/solo past. In addition, he will be previewing songs from his upcoming solo album that deal with our collective hard times from America's rocky economic past -- songs of mutual despair and hope culled from the great American blues/gospel/bluegrass masters of yesteryear.

Speaking of 'masters', with this tour Mike is offering pre-show "Master Classes" providing a unique opportunity to get inside his head and hear the stories behind the songs you all know and love. The Master Class concept is Mike’s response to years of requests from fans for personal input regarding songwriting and guitar playing. In order to gather information about what you, the fan, may want in the future from a master class session, this first of a series will not be a 'clinic' in the typical music store sense nor a formal 'class' featuring printed curricula. Mike says “This is my chance to share some knowledge and technique with my fans in a more intimate and informal setting than you would commonly experience from an artist in a music store or convention setting. During the Master Class sessions, my hope is to engage with the fans on a more personal level and share insight into some of the songs that have become favorites over the years. I think it’s a great opportunity for all of us to have a lot of fun learning what I thought I already knew!”

For the first time, fans will be able to hear the true (as opposed to rumored) stories about their favorite songs that will reveal how and why they were written. Then, they can witness up close the guitar parts that made them come alive, all in an effort to expose some of the mystery behind the playing, writing and composing process. Mike will also be happy to field questions regarding vocalizing, the business of music, recording techniques and much more.

“One feature of this concept that makes it unique will be the submission of specific questions and topics by the attendees beforehand so that I can gear each class session specifically to those that will actually be there. I am also expecting that a fair amount of the fun and goodwill present during these class sessions will spill over into the concert performance that evening. Those who attend the sessions will have the option to bring along their own acoustic guitars, and I will attempt to teach the group a medley of one of our 'hits' with the aim that if all goes well, the group could join me onstage for a final encore at the evening performance. A splendid time is guaranteed for all!” - Mike Roe

As a special bonus for paid "Master Class" attendees, Mike will offer a free CD of rare and unreleased tracks as a limited edition souvenir to mark the event. This special CD will only be available to those who attend the "Master Class" sessions!! Please note that there will be a separate fee to attend the "Master Class" session from the concert performance, and not all concerts will offer both. This decision will be left entirely to willing and able promoters.

Currently we are looking to fill dates from May 1, 2009 through May 15, 2009. Mike is looking to aim this tour at the Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain, east coast and southern states, however, any and all offers will be entertained. As always, Mike is available for private functions, weddings, bar & bat mitzvahs, birthday celebrations, bachelor & bachelorette parties, baby-sitting and marriage counseling, as well as personally recorded songs and messages for friends, enemies, and loved ones alike. (Email the good Doctor directly for info on personally recorded songs and messages at mike@77s.com)

For more tour info, performance & "Master Class" pricing, and available dates, please contact jeffrey k. at
booking@lo-fidelity.com.

Stay tuned for more info on the upcoming solo re-release, and we hope to see you on the tour.

jeffrey k.
support independent music
www.lo-fidelity.com

03-20-2009 13:06 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is excellent, something I'd hoped Mike would do! With OTR and other artists doing clinics, it's great that Mike is willing to share his knowledge with other musicians.

03-23-2009 07:28 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is exciting. Hope it all goes well. Prayers for it.

03-24-2009 11:10 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-27-2008

RE: "Hard Times Come Again No More" tour 2009. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just saw this on Facebook.

Looks great. Hope it comes to Denver.
03-26-2009 18:55 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
me-is-e

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

Very excited for Mike, the dear Doctor, about all of this. I'll be anxiously awaiting more news about the solo release too! That is Excellent to hear. Cool

03-26-2009 20:31 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
Big Jim Big Jim is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

I'm excited too. In these hard economic times, we may need to band together and make this happen if we want it to though.

Arty - are you out there? Smile I've been trying to get a hold of you, but I'm not sure if your e-mail address is still correct. I'd like to talk to you about working together on this to try and make a show happen in NJ. Give me a shout or send me a PM when you get a chance.

Thanks!

Jim
03-31-2009 07:12 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Finally...in the Pacific Northwest! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mike will be playing songs from the 77s' latest release "Holy Ghost Building" as well as the 'more miserable' and saddest songs he can find from his collective 77s/Lost Dogs/solo past. In addition, he will be previewing songs from his upcoming solo album. You will not want to miss out! When was the last time Mike played solo up here anyway?!?!? It's been way too long.

May 1st - 7:30pm
Living Word Foursquare
490 NW Crosby Ave, Oak Harbor, WA
$10 at the door
For more info contact Jack or Kat at 360-632-7904 or 360-632-1052

May 2nd - 7:30pm
Campbell Center
1540 NW Valley View, Roseburg, OR
$12 adv/$15 at the door
For more info contact Rich at 541-643-6292

May 3rd - 7:30pm
Cozmic Pizza, 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, OR
$10 adv/$15 at the door
Tickets available at http://LAMConcerts.com
For more info Linda@LAMConcerts and 541-729-7771

May 4th - 7:30pm
Woodhaven Community Church
22240 SW Washington St, Sherwood (Portland area), OR
$10 adv/$15 at the door
Tickets available at http://themuzikmann.com
For more info doug@themuzikmann.com

Linda
--

Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS
Artist Management and Promotion
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
Linda@LAMConcerts.com
http://lamconcerts.com
04-08-2009 21:57 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List

Does anyone have any reviews from these shows? I'd be interested.

05-06-2009 08:12 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
pass the bacon
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-440.jpg

Registration Date: 08-27-2007
Favorite 77s album: that really, really good one

Thumb Up! "review" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Does anyone have any reviews from these shows? I'd be interested.

somehow we ended up living only about 5 miles from a doctor love show(!!).

i was fortunate enough to attend the master class before the show - a gift from my wife, and worth every penny.

i very much enjoyed the class (how could i not - about six of us regular joe's and mike in a small church office ), although i couldn't help but feel there was something wrong in the cosmos that we could have this kind of access to mike.

and i think y'all know what i mean.

as for the show, mike played as you might guess several tunes from HGB, plus ache beautiful, the boat ashore, the treasure in you, sunshine down, nowhere else, the lust..., denomination blues and a few others that escape me.

'tho he voiced his concern from the stage that it might not have been the smartest thing to have done a class (where he talked for over an hour straight) right before a show, he needn't have worried... he sang great.

sorry... this is the only pic that didn't come out blurry. even w/ shades, who wants camera flashes while they're singin'?

(and now we all know why i don't make my living writing reviews)

"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us, we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be" - C.S. Lewis
05-06-2009 17:32 pass the bacon is offline Send an Email to pass the bacon Search for Posts by pass the bacon Add pass the bacon to your Buddy List

Thanks.

05-06-2009 20:07 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » "Hard Times Come Again No More" tour 2009.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH