77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » vintage 77s stuff - What you got? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page vintage 77s stuff - What you got?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

Thread Starter Thread Started by Rod
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Let's see a pic. anyone?
01-26-2009 18:26 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Rod
Let's see a pic. anyone?

You got it....

peawinkel has attached this image (reduced version):
067.jpg

01-26-2009 19:07 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Nice try Pea............

01-26-2009 19:16 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

somehow I was expecting more
01-26-2009 21:35 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

I have the "Ilsand Sampler" CD, and yes a Zippo. Cool
01-27-2009 21:48
WellAllRight WellAllRight is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 03-02-2009
Favorite 77s album: All Fall Down

RE: vintage 77s stuff - What you got? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Check this out for vintage: An original STICKS AND STONES '91 TOUR t-shirt.

Sticks and Stones Original Tee

03-02-2009 17:48 WellAllRight is offline Send an Email to WellAllRight Homepage of WellAllRight Search for Posts by WellAllRight Add WellAllRight to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

RE: vintage 77s stuff - What you got? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Uh, are you fishing?
03-02-2009 18:38 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
WellAllRight WellAllRight is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 03-02-2009
Favorite 77s album: All Fall Down

Smile RE: vintage 77s stuff - What you got? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Kinda... but not really. As a hard-core fan, I know this stuff's hard to find. I thought a rarity like this one would be of nostalgic interest... I made sure to play by the rules. :-)

03-02-2009 19:50 WellAllRight is offline Send an Email to WellAllRight Homepage of WellAllRight Search for Posts by WellAllRight Add WellAllRight to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

quote:
Originally posted by WellAllRight
Kinda... but not really. As a hard-core fan, I know this stuff's hard to find. I thought a rarity like this one would be of nostalgic interest... I made sure to play by the rules. :-)

You may have played by the rules, but you only showed up here when you had something to sell. Kinda lame Roll Eyes

~Saint Augustine~
03-03-2009 05:53 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: hmmm .... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

screw the vintage 77's stuff. I want that Smylie Family record!

Big Grin

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-03-2009 09:31 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:
You may have played by the rules, but you only showed up here when you had something to sell. Kinda lame

I see the point here, but I'm also thinking, "if I wanted to buy it, I'd be glad I knew about it."

03-03-2009 14:24 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
juan ahmal juan ahmal is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-551.jpg

Registration Date: 08-06-2008
Favorite 77s album: TTB

Vintage AFD album question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've got a question for you guys that mentioned you have the vinyl lp record of All Fall Down. On a thread a while back I mentioned a quote somewhere on the back cover or liner notes of AFD. All I can remember of the quote is "People something something something or spend their time shopping, which is usually worse" I'm not a 100% sure if AFD is where I saw it, or if I'm even close with any of the wording, it may have been on PPOTA. The location of my vinyl copy of AFD is currently unknow and trying to remember if I'm right about that quote is driving me crazy. If someone could look for it on theirs and let me know if I'm right, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanx

03-09-2009 13:28 juan ahmal is offline Send an Email to juan ahmal Search for Posts by juan ahmal Add juan ahmal to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

RE: Vintage AFD album question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Modern man is drinking and drugging himself out of awareness, or he spends his time shopping, which is the same thing." -Ernest Becker

Manufactured and distributed by A & M Records, Inc.
03-09-2009 20:45 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Juan, there's a quote on the back of the record sleeve (mine has no liner notes)...it reads, "Modern man is drinking and drugging himself out of awareness, or he spends his time shopping, which is the same thing." Ernest Becker

Is this it, 77s bro?

03-09-2009 20:53 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Unbalanced

Rod, yours is A & M? Mine is Exit Records.

03-09-2009 20:54 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

Mine's A & M. The quote is in the same position as yours.
03-09-2009 22:21 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Unbalanced

Yeah, I know. :p I was just surprised that the album was released on multiple labels.

03-10-2009 00:06 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
juan ahmal juan ahmal is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-551.jpg

Registration Date: 08-06-2008
Favorite 77s album: TTB

RE: Vintage AFD album question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ping Pong Over the Abyss
Juan, there's a quote on the back of the record sleeve (mine has no liner notes)...it reads, "Modern man is drinking and drugging himself out of awareness, or he spends his time shopping, which is the same thing." Ernest Becker

Is this it, 77s bro?

Yes, that's it! Thank you Happy One of these days I need to turn my house and my friend's houses upside down and find that album. I have it on cassette and own 123 (those don't contain the quote), but it was the vinyl album that gave me many days of rock and roll bliss.

03-10-2009 08:34 juan ahmal is offline Send an Email to juan ahmal Search for Posts by juan ahmal Add juan ahmal to your Buddy List
me-is-e
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

Well, let's see . . .

8x10 glossy photos of Mike solo and of the band signed.
handbill from tour sometime between 'Drowning' and 'Tom Tom' albums signed by Mike and Mark.
'All Fall Down' on vinyl LP.
'Snake' picture disc single.
original 'Tom Tom Blues' tour t-shirt.
3 guitar picks from the good Doctor Love.

. . . used to have an original 'Pray Naked' t-shirt with the gold lyric lettering on the back, but it disintegrated in the wash.

Also remember a coolie cup made to look like a lifejacket as marketing for the 'Drowning' album. Wish I would have snatched that one up.

heh, very fun memories.

04-03-2009 09:27 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the Snake picture disk single. I have a sealed copy of that one. Cool

~Saint Augustine~
04-03-2009 16:57 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » vintage 77s stuff - What you got?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH