77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » What is a one-sided double-minded mirror? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What is a one-sided double-minded mirror?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

RE: "problem pic" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

okay, so woody's gone, but the other lad, on the left still has his shoes on the wrong feet...

01-29-2009 06:17 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: "problem pic" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's yet another version -- now figure out what's wrong with him. He seems to be disembodied. I saw Copperfield do a stunt like this and it almost made me throw up.

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
okay, so woody's gone, but the other lad, on the left still has his shoes on the wrong feet...

Doctor Love has attached this image:
warning fishermen.jpg

01-29-2009 11:57 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The shadows are going the opposite directions.

01-29-2009 13:13 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Doctor Love

Shadows And Light Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Fascinating (although the answer to that one is easy -- silly Nails!)

Like my endless Nevada City pics, the longer you look at one scene, the more things you see in it. If you guys are interested in other pics from this particular outing, let me know. There are a number of amusing shots along these lines, together with a family story (it's an annual event that has been ongoing for 43 years)

Check this one out. Not only does my cousin Gary appear to have peed his pant, there is another illusion hovering (!)

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt

Gary wets himself.jpg

01-29-2009 14:20 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Ron E Ron E is a male

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt

More like his legs and upper torso don't line up in the shadow.

01-30-2009 09:17 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male

The guy behind the "dolphin" really looks like you, Mike.

I don't get the illusion, unless the kid on the right looks slightly as though he's floating over the boat trailer on the right.

01-30-2009 09:19 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

Float Bop Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Actually it's my cousin Gary (in front) that appears to be floating above the dolphin -- it's not that big a deal but it sure looks weird to me.

quote:
The guy behind the "dolphin" really looks like you, Mike.

I don't get the illusion, unless the kid on the right looks slightly as though he's floating over the boat trailer on the right.

pubic hores.jpg

01-30-2009 12:19 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Ron E Ron E is a male

RE: Float Bop Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

who even thinks to cover up those letters... WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE??? What's wrong with their genetic makeup??

Big Grin

01-30-2009 12:53 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

RE: Float Bop Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
who even thinks to cover up those letters... WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE??? What's wrong with their genetic makeup??

Big Grin

It obviously runs in the family!

01-30-2009 13:57 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

Sad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mike's family has the runs? Confused

01-30-2009 19:13 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
RE: What is a one-sided double-minded mirror? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Salad
"The Way Love Is" might be my favorite 77's song. I love everything about it. But I've always been curious about the refrain:

It's a one-sided, double-minded mirror with no reflection.

I like the mirror with no reflection - because in love (at least the love described in this song) there is no image of myself. It's about the other, not me.

Anyway, I would love to hear some other interpretations of this intriguing phrase.

I always took it as two becoming one.
01-30-2009 19:15
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

RE: What is a one-sided double-minded mirror? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
quote:
"The Way Love Is" might be my favorite 77's song. I love everything about it. But I've always been curious about the refrain:

I like the mirror with no reflection - because in love (at least the love described in this song) there is no image of myself. It's about the other, not me.

Anyway, I would love to hear some other interpretations of this intriguing phrase.

I think Audi J is on to something.

As for me, I always thought it was some vague penis reference. Big Grin Big Grin

~Saint Augustine~
01-30-2009 19:41 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by 77sfan
quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
quote:

I think Audi J is on to something.

As for me, I always thought it was some vague penis reference. Big Grin Big Grin

Soooooo you are saying you have penis on the brain???? Confused

01-30-2009 21:58 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » What is a one-sided double-minded mirror?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH