77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » What is a one-sided double-minded mirror? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What is a one-sided double-minded mirror?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-27-2008

What is a one-sided double-minded mirror? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"The Way Love Is" might be my favorite 77's song. I love everything about it. But I've always been curious about the refrain:

It's a one-sided, double-minded mirror with no reflection.

I like the mirror with no reflection - because in love (at least the love described in this song) there is no image of myself. It's about the other, not me.

Anyway, I would love to hear some other interpretations of this intriguing phrase.
01-02-2009 14:37 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Your mom?

Tongue

01-02-2009 16:54 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I always thought of the "looking through a glass darkly" bible verse.
01-20-2009 18:40 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

tired of Tatt's band pic (who is it?) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You'll have to ask Tootle about that one. I had nothing to do with it.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
rumble?.jpg

01-20-2009 22:29 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Rocks in your Head

RE: tired of Tatt's band pic (who is it?) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
You'll have to ask Tootle about that one. I had nothing to do with it.

Evil

It is Demon Hunter! One of my favorite bands out there today!

01-20-2009 23:03 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
dennis
Happy Roy

Great line never the less.
01-21-2009 11:24 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
gator77da gator77da is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-252.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks 'n' Stones

Chicken fried . . . wrapped up in a Colonel Sanders BOX!!!

01-22-2009 14:01 gator77da is offline Send an Email to gator77da Search for Posts by gator77da Add gator77da to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by gator77da

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
wet.jpg

01-22-2009 15:21 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Nothing more. Tongue

01-22-2009 19:03 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Nails!!!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You pretty much just became my favorite poster.

*edit*
Don't ask me what that "do fish get thirsty" bs is. Not my idea. But don't let that stop you from taking the test.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 01-23-2009 18:18.

01-23-2009 18:16 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Rocks in your Head

RE: Nails!!!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
You pretty much just became my favorite poster.

*edit*
Don't ask me what that "do fish get thirsty" bs is. Not my idea. But don't let that stop you from taking the test.

You like Rancid do you? They are one of my all time favorite bands!

I took that freaking test but to complete it they wanted me to "complete some offers" to get my score. Screw that!

01-23-2009 22:39 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

RE: Nails!!!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
quote:
Originally posted by Kit

*edit*

I took that freaking test but to complete it they wanted me to "complete some offers" to get my score. Screw that!

Yeah every time I put something in an imageshack link, it somehow gets the "do fish get thirsty? take the dumb test now" crap attached to it.

I do like Rancid, especially And Out Come the Wolves.

01-24-2009 08:15 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
quote:
Originally posted by Kit

*edit*

Yeah every time I put something in an imageshack link, it somehow gets the "do fish get thirsty? take the dumb test now" crap attached to it.

I do like Rancid, especially And Out Come the Wolves.

Yeah, that is one of my favorite albums of theirs!

01-24-2009 14:57 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

quote:
Originally posted by gator77da

Big Grin

01-24-2009 17:06 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

Edgar Allan Poop Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Quoth the raven "Nothing more" ... Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
quote:

Nothing more. Tongue

Doctor Love has attached this image:
warning.jpg

01-24-2009 20:32 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Good doctor, where was that picture shot? Very scenic. Cool

01-24-2009 21:59 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

Do you have to carry that sign around with you everywhere you go? Confused

01-26-2009 20:25 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005

RE: Edgar Allan Poop Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

quote:
quote:

Nothing more. Tongue

Something about the other people in the picture makes me smile Smile Well, Mike does too... but I mean, well, the other two do also.

01-26-2009 21:05 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

RE: Edgar Allan Poop Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

quote:
quote:

Nothing more. Tongue

Tongue Big Grin Cool
01-28-2009 13:47 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

"problem pic" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Something about the other people in the picture makes me smile Smile Well, Mike does too... but I mean, well, the other two do also.

HAHAHAHA .... I never noticed that 'till now.

The photograph was shot at a popular fishing jetty and launching harbor in Hunter's Point, which is located in the southernmost part of San Francisco. The 'other people' in the pic are my cousin's grandsons. A more G-Rated 'family' version of the pic can be seen below:

Doctor Love has attached this image:
warning sign.jpg

01-28-2009 23:49 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » What is a one-sided double-minded mirror?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH