77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Thomas Goodlunas And Panacea - Take me Away » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Thomas Goodlunas And Panacea - Take me Away
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Thomas Goodlunas And Panacea - Take me Away Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yo doc......

ran across some info on this album that apparently you, jimmy a, and steve griffith played on......

can you tell us anything about it? i know it was long ago and all...... 1983 it said...

12-18-2008 20:15 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by larryl
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

through some digging, i also found a live show, that you can stream.... apparently you played on it as well.....

http://www.demophonic.com/audioarchive/PanaceaLiveNew.html

12-18-2008 20:20 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Hey World" (track 3), has a Dr. Love solo at about 2:40. At least, from the band line up, I'm assuming it's him.

12-19-2008 08:16 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

So...hey Doc, what's the scoop on this album?

~Saint Augustine~
01-07-2009 18:30 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
"Hey World" (track 3), has a Dr. Love solo at about 2:40. At least, from the band line up, I'm assuming it's him.

Yep, that's me. This band was one of the first ones I and Griffith and Jimmy A. played with in our early days at the Warehouse Ministries in Sacramento. It was a fun diversion from our other bands, which were only in the developmental stages at that time. The album isn't all that great but completists may want it as an oddity in the entire Exit oeuvre. We were all musical pals with Tom Goodlunas, who was a key player in the early days of the Warehouse church and Exit Records, although his album and subsequent career nosedived shortly thereafter. Trivialists may want to take note that the first 77s video for "A Different Kind Of Light" was co-written and storyboarded by Tom and myself !~

Believe it or not, that live show link above was recorded at Calvary Chapel in Costa Mesa, and Sam (aka Leslie) Phillips opened for us that night -- truth is often stranger than fiction ....

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
Sam_Phillips_Michael_Wilson_2.jpg

01-10-2009 00:35 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Thomas Goodlunas And Panacea - Take me Away

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH