77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » pray naked answering machine message » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page pray naked answering machine message
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

pray naked answering machine message Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Doctor Love, I'd love to hear the story behind this. It sounds sincere until the giggle at the end. I have to say, this song makes me smile everytime I hear it, especially the cheerleading. Smile
12-03-2008 14:55 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: pray naked answering machine message Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That was old pal George Holden, legendary 1960's liquid light show artist who did album cover design and layout for Sticks and Stones, 88, More Miserable Than You'll Ever Be and Pray Naked. He might have worked on a few others but I can't remember.

It took me quite awhile before I realized it was him. The giggle gave it away but I didn't notice that for a long time.

The guy I REALLY want to find is the 'faux-afro' dude who did the one about looking to find Aaron Smith and 'talk about thangs' and stuff like that. You can hear it at the end of the second disc of the It's For You live double set. This mystery man has haunted me for over 13 years or more, and absolutely no one that I can think of or have accused will either cop to it or come forward.

Wherefore art thou Oh Negro? Cool
12-03-2008 20:26 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

RE: pray naked answering machine message Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What about the "Michael row the boat ashore" singers?

12-03-2008 20:30 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love

The guy I REALLY want to find is the 'faux-afro' dude who did the one about looking to find Aaron Smith and 'talk about thangs' and stuff like that. You can hear it at the end of the second disc of the It's For You live double set. This mystery man has haunted me for over 13 years or more, and absolutely no one that I can think of or have accused will either cop to it or come forward.

Funny... I always thought it was Aaron himself.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by zing: 12-04-2008 07:18.

12-04-2008 07:17 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

I thought it was the good Doctor himself. Shows what I know!

12-04-2008 08:14 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-04-2008 08:19 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Tongue! RE: pray naked answering machine message Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zing
quote:

i always thought it was doc love himself! Shocked Confused

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
12-04-2008 11:56 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:

I thought it was the good Doctor himself. Shows what I know!

I'm with Zing. I always thought it was Aaron.
12-04-2008 13:53 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

quote:
That was old pal George Holden, legendary 1960's liquid light show artist who did album cover design and layout for Sticks and Stones, 88, More Miserable Than You'll Ever Be and Pray Naked. He might have worked on a few others but I can't remember.

It took me quite awhile before I realized it was him. The giggle gave it away but I didn't notice that for a long time.

Thanks for sharing that, Doc. That phone call cracks me up every time. Big Grin

12-06-2008 17:14 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » pray naked answering machine message

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH