77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » HGB review by Jeff Elbel » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page HGB review by Jeff Elbel 3 Votes - Average Rating: 4.003 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 HGB review by Jeff Elbel 77sfan 11-30-2008 13:04
 RE: HGB review by Jeff Elbel Nailtatt 11-30-2008 19:31
 RE: HGB review by Jeff Elbel Marti 11-30-2008 20:27
 RE: HGB review by Jeff Elbel larryl 12-01-2008 02:52
 RE: HGB review by Jeff Elbel Kit 12-01-2008 11:46
 RE: HGB review by Jeff Elbel marathon 11-24-2012 11:50
 RE: HGB review by Jeff Elbel peawinkel 11-30-2008 20:12
 RE: HGB review by Jeff Elbel audiori 12-01-2008 09:04
 RE: HGB review by Jeff Elbel Nailtatt 12-01-2008 11:56
 RE: HGB review by Jeff Elbel 77sfan 12-01-2008 12:42

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

HGB review by Jeff Elbel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/mu...spins30.article

~Saint Augustine~
11-30-2008 13:04 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not much of a review - whoever Jeff Elbel is.

11-30-2008 19:31 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt

http://www.myspace.com/jeff_elbel

11-30-2008 20:27 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

quote:

jeff, is a poster here, sometimes..... formerly of farewell to juliet... currently of jeff elbel and ping..... has played with the lost dogs..... i believe helped jeffrey with the 77s DVD...... is a long time friend of mike, and the band.... mike was even his guitar tech at cornerstone recently..... Big Grin

12-01-2008 02:52 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:

jeff, is a poster here, sometimes..... formerly of farewell to juliet... currently of jeff elbel and ping..... has played with the lost dogs..... i believe helped jeffrey with the 77s DVD...... is a long time friend of mike, and the band.... mike was even his guitar tech at cornerstone recently..... Big Grin

Jeff also reviews for The Big Takeover.

12-01-2008 11:46 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
marathon marathon is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-02-2006
Favorite 77s album: Island album

> Not much of a review - whoever Jeff Elbel is.

Four years later, I stumbled across this thread and comment. I certainly don't expect people to know who I am.

My original version of the review was 300 words long (maximum allowed), and the editor cut it to 250 - a very common practice. I agree that HGB rocks, and said so in the review. The review got more attention classified overall as an Americana (or roots rock) project.

As long as Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Pink and Lady Gaga are still releasing albums, the features editor of the Chicago Sun-Times will not be banging down anyone's door for Seventy Sevens reviews, though they should. I'm just a fan like everyone else here - not a professional writer. I made it a quest to get a HGB review in a top ten newspaper, and I'm glad I was able to help spread the word about our heroes a little bit.

This post has been edited 7 time(s), it was last edited by marathon: 11-24-2012 12:27.

11-24-2012 11:50 marathon is offline Send an Email to marathon Homepage of marathon Search for Posts by marathon Add marathon to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of marathon: sunnyroses View the MSN Profile for marathon
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Americana my butt. HGB Rocks!

11-30-2008 20:12 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

aka The Jeffel's Elbow
12-01-2008 09:04 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Thanks for the info. In no way was my post meant to be a put down to him. I just honestly had no clue who he is.

12-01-2008 11:56 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Thread Starter Thread Started by 77sfan

I asked him about the shortness of the review, he said he was limited to 300 words or less.

~Saint Augustine~
12-01-2008 12:42 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » HGB review by Jeff Elbel

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH