77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Pots and Pans » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pots and Pans 2 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.00
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Pots and Pans jason 11-03-2008 07:17
 RE: Pots and Pans Carl Salad 11-06-2008 16:53
 RE: Pots and Pans mypetsounds 11-09-2008 18:09
 RE: Pots and Pans Squidzit 11-06-2008 20:17
 RE: Pots and Pans unrighteous windbag 11-07-2008 16:36
 RE: Pots and Pans Nailtatt 11-07-2008 22:11
 RE: Pots and Pans Squidzit 11-08-2008 19:36
 RE: Pots and Pans Joey T. 11-08-2008 20:20
 RE: Pots and Pans audiori 11-09-2008 18:47

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Pots and Pans Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had a pretty strange dream last night that I won't get into. But in my dream, the Sticks and Stones album was called "Pots and Pans."
11-03-2008 07:17 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-27-2008

RE: Pots and Pans Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, here's my reading.

"Sticks and Stones" is essentially a male image. In fact, it's a pretty good description of male parts (like "two turntables and a microphone," if you know what I mean.) But "pots and pans" are feminine. They are receptacles, containers, which suggests female-ness. They are also typically connected to the traditional image of the woman - cooking, domesticity, etc.

So there must be some anxiety or wish about gender or sexual identity.

Or not.
11-06-2008 16:53 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
mypetsounds mypetsounds is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-29-2008

RE: Pots and Pans Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Salad
Ok, here's my reading.

"Sticks and Stones" is essentially a male image. In fact, it's a pretty good description of male parts (like "two turntables and a microphone," if you know what I mean.) But "pots and pans" are feminine. They are receptacles, containers, which suggests female-ness. They are also typically connected to the traditional image of the woman - cooking, domesticity, etc.

So there must be some anxiety or wish about gender or sexual identity.

Or not.

Dude, that was the best reply...ever. Loved it. Unless you were serious, in which case it was absurd. Smile
11-09-2008 18:09 mypetsounds is offline Send an Email to mypetsounds Search for Posts by mypetsounds Add mypetsounds to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Red Face zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

~dreaming~

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Squidzit: 11-07-2008 21:18.

11-06-2008 20:17 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
unrighteous windbag
Someone New

Registration Date: 11-07-2008
Favorite 77s album: HGB

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The dream is clearly a reference to Pol Pot's outrageous addiction to country style quail (as in God Sends...). Without understanding his addiction, one can not comprehend his agrarian collectivization program. For the main reason he sent the city dwellers into the countryside was to carefully search the banyan trees for birds to make his favorite dish. This is, of course, one of the better historical examples of the truths Mike discussed in the Lust, Flesh, etc The Pan part must refer to Pot being a naughty boy who never grew up and who preferred the company of fairies.
11-07-2008 16:36 unrighteous windbag is offline Send an Email to unrighteous windbag Search for Posts by unrighteous windbag Add unrighteous windbag to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

God that ^ sounds like some drivel Tor would write!

11-07-2008 22:11 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

I think jason just ate a big bad knockwurst before he went to bed!

Yodel-lay-he-who

Pleased

11-08-2008 19:36 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i votarded... Roll Eyes

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
11-08-2008 20:20 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

I'll never hear "Shake Rattle & Roll" the same way again...
11-09-2008 18:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Pots and Pans

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH