77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Ping Pong Over the Abyss misprint » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ping Pong Over the Abyss misprint
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
shevegas
Someone New

Registration Date: 10-14-2008

Shocked Ping Pong Over the Abyss misprint Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I purchased Ping Pong Over the Abyss sometime back in high school, yes back in the 80's. It was tucked away in my parents basement never played. I think a friend made a tape for me, but its to far back to remember. Well I tried to rip a copy of the album to mp3 but it turns out that while side 1 is the 77's side 2 is some southern woman singing horribly boring praise music. And yes its both horrible and boring.

Anyone know where I can get side 2?
10-14-2008 21:11 shevegas is offline Send an Email to shevegas Search for Posts by shevegas Add shevegas to your Buddy List
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-27-2008

RE: Ping Pong Over the Abyss misprint Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You can download the album using a program like Soulseek.
10-14-2008 22:12 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

RE: Ping Pong Over the Abyss misprint Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm with you in Rockland
where you scream in a straight jacket
that you're losing the game of the actual
ping pong of the abyss.
10-14-2008 22:14 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

I knew I couldn't take anyone serious with "Salad" for a last name, and you're an evil bastard for even suggesting that someone go to a site like that and rip us off by downloading the album for free. I am poor and I'll die poor but I still need postage to send our music out to clods like you. Stinging slaps to both wrists, you 'Wedge' with Bleu Cheese and fake bacon bits. I think you need to do a little "Soulseek"-ing yourself .... Mad

Anyone who wants a copy of Ping Pong is welcome to e-mail me -- mike@77s.com -- and I will help you achieve your goal any way I can.

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Salad
You can download the album using a program like Soulseek.
10-14-2008 22:38 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Doctor Love

Omigosh I had almost forgotten that disgusting abomination of a cassette. I should have taken that as a sign to get out while the gettin' was good ... the writing was already on the church wall and I didn't pay it any heed.

Another defeat! Confused

quote:
Originally posted by shevegas
I purchased Ping Pong Over the Abyss sometime back in high school, yes back in the 80's. It was tucked away in my parents basement never played. I think a friend made a tape for me, but its to far back to remember. Well I tried to rip a copy of the album to mp3 but it turns out that while side 1 is the 77's side 2 is some southern woman singing horribly boring praise music. And yes its both horrible and boring.

Anyone know where I can get side 2?
10-14-2008 22:42 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I knew I couldn't take anyone serious with "Salad" for a last name, and you're an evil bastard for even suggesting that someone go to a site like that and rip us off by downloading the album for free. I am poor and I'll die poor but I still need postage to send our music out to clods like you. Stinging slaps to both wrists, you 'Wedge' with Bleu Cheese and fake bacon bits. I think you need to do a little "Soulseek"-ing yourself .... Mad

Anyone who wants a copy of Ping Pong is welcome to e-mail me -- mike@77s.com -- and I will help you achieve your goal any way I can.

I had no idea there was a way to get it that directly benefited you. Since it's not available through official channels, I assumed no way of purchasing it would directly put money in your pockets. I would never suggest stealing something that's still in print.

By the way - is it better for you if we buy albums from a bookstore or online retailer or is it better if we buy it directly from 77s.com? I assume that buying it directly from the band puts more money in your pocket, but buying it from a store might actually encourage them to stock more good music.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Carl Salad: 10-15-2008 02:09.

10-15-2008 02:08 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

I Hung My Head Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry Carl for calling you names and losing my temper.

Either one is fine, because by the time a release gets to a book or music store, we've already been paid (in theory...)

The odds, though, of you or anyone finding our music at those outlets these days is practically nil, although I have seen our stuff sold second-hand on Amazon or eBay, at which point we make absolutely nothing as we were paid the first time around.
10-15-2008 10:01 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This thread is a fun read.

10-15-2008 11:02 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

RE: I Hung My Head Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No apology necessary. That's the fun of having a pseudonym - I've never been berated by the phrase "fake bacon bits." I laughed pretty hard.
10-15-2008 11:30 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

RE: I Hung My Head Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now I have Sting's "I Hung My Head" in my head.
10-15-2008 11:33 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Salad
Now I have Sting's "I Hung My Head" in my head.

Lop your head off and it will go away. I think it would be worth it. Tongue

10-15-2008 13:43 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Doctor Love

I was thinking of Johnny Cash's version actually, which sounds way more authentic.
10-15-2008 14:28 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I was thinking of Johnny Cash's version actually, which sounds way more authentic.

If that one is stuck in your head then don't chop it off.

10-15-2008 21:19 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Ping Pong Over the Abyss misprint

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH