77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs ~ ROUTE 66 - The Glory Road Tour » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Lost Dogs ~ ROUTE 66 - The Glory Road Tour 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Question The Lost Dogs ~ ROUTE 66 - The Glory Road Tour Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Lost Dogs ~ ROUTE 66 - The Glory Road Tour
September 14-27, 2008
http://www.thelostdogs.com/shows.html

Starts Sunday in Chi-town...

Anyone HeRe catching the Lost Dogs on the Glory Road
09-10-2008 11:17 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
ciniree
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-518.jpg

Registration Date: 08-03-2008
Favorite 77s album: HGB

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Too rich for my blood...
09-10-2008 12:45 ciniree is offline Send an Email to ciniree Search for Posts by ciniree Add ciniree to your Buddy List
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

love the GPS tracking! Right now they are travelling east on 40 somewhere in Oklahoma!
09-10-2008 18:19 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

you're goin' the wrong way guys!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's not us .... yet. That's our RV being delivered to us from the west coast by its generous owner, thus the 'easterly' direction Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by zing
love the GPS tracking! Right now they are travelling east on 40 somewhere in Oklahoma!
09-11-2008 00:29 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

an RV huh?

what's next? a big fancy tour bus? Big Grin

09-11-2008 07:40 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Whoa!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Where on earth did you find that MIFFYBUS?!?!? Shocked

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
MedicMiffy.jpg

09-11-2008 10:22 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by LuR KiNG

great, another great thread ruined by MIFFY Tongue
09-11-2008 12:50 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

RE: Whoa!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Where on earth did you find that MIFFYBUS?!?!? Shocked

i have me ways!!! i thought you would like it.

not sure if the rest of the dogs would..

09-11-2008 13:35 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Pleased Miffy! Pleased

What did Nurse Miffy find during the exam, Doctor--or was she going on a house call with you?

Is that outline on the left side of the bus picture Conceptual Miffy? Confused

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 09-11-2008 13:57.

09-11-2008 13:47 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Miffybus is a pretty easy foray in Google Images, which includes a Miffyzilla in Seoul farther down the pages, and Miffy waiting for a bus in Edinburgh.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Miffy+bus&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 09-11-2008 14:54.

09-11-2008 14:33 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

RE: you're goin' the wrong way guys!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was a little confused, I must admit.

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
That's not us .... yet. That's our RV being delivered to us from the west coast by its generous owner, thus the 'easterly' direction Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by zing
09-11-2008 14:58 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

For more info! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Check out http://www.myspace.com/thelostdogsmusic for more info. The guys will be posting blogs, photos and video snips along the way.

Linda
09-11-2008 15:52 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

RE: For more info! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This whole concept has me more and more intrigued. My parents and aunts and uncles all started their families around the time that the roadside attraction was coming into vogue, and some of my best boyhood memories are from family vacations. I beg Mike and the guys not to skimp on footage when you put the DVD together. A double-disc set would be fantastic!
Also, what are the odds that this project can get the attention of a cable station like The History Channel, Smithsonian Channel or National Geographic? Maybe the Sunday newpaper insert, Parade Magazine, could do a feature. Linda, are you reading this?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MefLiszto: 09-11-2008 21:51.

09-11-2008 21:51 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
lam77s

RE: For more info! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MefLiszto
This whole concept has me more and more intrigued. My parents and aunts and uncles all started their families around the time that the roadside attraction was coming into vogue, and some of my best boyhood memories are from family vacations. I beg Mike and the guys not to skimp on footage when you put the DVD together. A double-disc set would be fantastic!
Also, what are the odds that this project can get the attention of a cable station like The History Channel, Smithsonian Channel or National Geographic? Maybe the Sunday newpaper insert, Parade Magazine, could do a feature. Linda, are you reading this?

Yep, we're working on all this. A lot of community support has sprung up, which is exciting, people along the route who have never heard of The Lost Dogs, who are writing articles for daily newspapers, interviewing for local media, etc. We are collecting donations to help with the production costs of the CD and DVD. You can make a donation through PayPal by visiting either the website or myspace page.

Thanks!

Linda
09-12-2008 00:46 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Linda, I sent you an email.

I am trying to hook up with the boys for the entire day Monday, traveling from Chicago to Bloomington Illinois.

I'll PM also.

Michaelontheroadagain

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
09-13-2008 09:33 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
lam77s

quote:
Originally posted by God-rules
Linda, I sent you an email.

I am trying to hook up with the boys for the entire day Monday, traveling from Chicago to Bloomington Illinois.

I'll PM also.

Michaelontheroadagain

I answered you by email. Cool

Linda
09-13-2008 10:57 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
lam77s

Route 66 update Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am in Sicily and for some reason I am not able to post to The Lost Dogs message board. Would somebody here please post this?

--------------------

The Lost Dogs are heading out on Sunday, September 14th on Route 66,
"The Glory Road." Terry Taylor is a visionary and this road trip is
his brainchild. To say the Dogs are excited and enthusiastic is an
understatement!

The goal is to make this excursion as interactive as possible. We
will be posting photos and video clips online
(http://www.myspace.com/thelostdogsmusic) as well as blogs written by
the guys along the way.

A GPS unit has been provided by BrickHouse Security and will allow you
to go online and watch the band's every move in real-time, or you can
get in your car, come out, and travel along for a few miles. Click
here to see where The Lost Dogs are:
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/livedemo.com

It's not too late to make a donation to help fund this venture and
help to cover production costs for the upcoming CD and DVD. Please
visit the myspace page or visit http://thelostdogs.com. The donation
links work best using Firefox.

The following is the Route 66 itinerary, although please keep in mind
that some of these dates and places are subject to change without
notice. Please also note, most times the Dogs WILL NOT play full
sets, just a few songs here and there. Donations will be gladly
accepted along the Route!

Saturday, 09/13/2008 8:00 PM
Private Party
Rock Island, IL

Sunday, 09/14/2008 2:00 PM
LilFest Music Festival 2008
1029 Davis St, Evanston, Illinois
http://www.lilfest.com
$35 – 3 Day weekend pass or $25/day
Description: More info tba. "Deeply rooted songs & stories of passion
& power." LilFest Festival presents a wide continuum of genres,
blending international touring artists with student talent, regionally
based instrumentalists with emerging singer-songwriters. World music,
traditional and contemporary folk, blues, classical are all included.
The keywords are quality, community, and welcome. In its sixth year,
the venues include a 100 year old home in Wilmette, a full time venue
in Evanston, and other larger North Shore spaces. A three-day
celebration of making music for arts integrated education. LilFest
will benefit CAPE: Chicago Arts Partnership in Education which builds
deeply integrated partnerships between artists and schools.

Monday, 09/15/2008 The Jesus House
724 W Washington, Bloomington, IL
http://JesusCoffeeHouse.com
The Dogs could arrive anytime between 12pm – 6pm. Follow the Dogs
with online GPS tracking!

Tuesday, 09/16/2008 12:00 PM -
Cozy Dog Drive In
2935 So. Sixth St, Springfield, Illinois
Come join us for a Cozy Dog!

Tuesday, 09/16/2008
Ted Drewes Frozen Custard
4224 S Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO
Community Event. We don't know the time yet. It will be late
afternoon. Follow the Dogs with online GPS tracking!

Wednesday, 09/17/2008
Meramec Caverns
Stanton, Missouri
Follow the Dogs with online GPS tracking. We're just showing up. Who
knows what could happen?

Friday, 09/19/2008 10:00 PM
The Gypsy Café
303 N. Cincinnati Ave, Tulsa, Oklahoma
FREE!
Acoustic show. For more info: 918-295-2181

Saturday, 09/20/2008 04:00 PM
Route 66 Museum
2229 Gary Blvd, Clinton, Oklahoma
FREE!
Community meet and greet.

Sunday, 09/21/2008 06:00 PM
Blue Swallow Motel
815 East Route 66 Blvd, Tucumcari, New Mexico
FREE!
For more info: 575-461-9849. Come on over and find out what's going on!

Monday, 09/22/2008 07:00 PM -
Joy Junction (Homeless Shelter)
4500 Second Street S.W. , Albuquerque, New Mexico
FREE!
Come one, come all!
More info: Jeremy Reynalds, 505-400-7145.

Wednesday, 09/24/2008
Wigwam Motel
Holbrook, Arizona
FREE!
Not exactly sure what time the Dogs will show up. Follow the GPS.

Friday, 09/26/2008 07:00 PM
The original McDonald's
1398 N. "E" Street , San Bernardino, California
FREE!
http://www.route-66.com/mcdonalds/

Saturday, 09/27/2008 04:00 PM
Santa Monica Beach (near the Pier)
Santa Monica, California
FREE!
Beach party. We will provide the beverages and it would be great if
you would provide a dish/snack to share. We can't bbq or have a fire,
so please bring food that's ready to eat. Directions to our spot on
the beach are too long to include here, but are posted on the myspace
page http://www.myspace.com/thelostdogsmusic

Jimmy Abegg is along with the guys filming, recording, running sound,
and general clean-up batter. Many thanks to Jimmy!

Check this out:

"A Certain Love" is included in Longtown Sound 441. For questions or
comments about the podcast please email the podcaster:
uncleshag@gmail.com

The link is: http://wlso.fm/wordpress/archives/1186

We hope to see you out and about on the route!

Linda

--

Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS
Artist Management and Promotion
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
http://lamconcerts.com
09-14-2008 03:15 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Happy Roy

Done Linda

Michaeltookmeafewminutes

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
09-14-2008 07:38 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
Happy Roy

Can't make it up to Chi until later tonight or early tomorrow am, so Ill just have to wing it or something.

Michaelhopingitallworksout

09-14-2008 07:42 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
Happy Roy

Doctor, Doctor gimme some news! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey, I want to start out and do the first "dog leg" of the Route 66 journey with you. Let me know where and when you will be starting so I can follow along, add to your crowd, be a footnote, inject clever wit and maybe buy lunch.

Michaelalongfortheride

09-14-2008 08:00 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs ~ ROUTE 66 - The Glory Road Tour

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH