77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Deshtapa Deshtapa Geprert » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Deshtapa Deshtapa Geprert
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chesterdox
quote:
Originally posted by w42loren
Ba Ba Ba is the perfect 80's new wave song and my favorite 77's song of all time! If you want the perfect new wave radio set - play these three in a row - Ba Ba Ba by 77's, Hear What I say by Vector (love ya Bruce!) and Lie Down In The Grass (Charlie Peacock). Can't top it!

Don't forget Rocket Packs by DA!

And 'Water Of Life' by Quickflight.
07-23-2008 09:41 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
w42loren w42loren is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-22-2008
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

Thread Starter Thread Started by w42loren
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All right. Here we go. How about "Track You Down" by Crumbacher and "Is Anyone Thirsty" by Undercover. (I would pick Travelog or Sanctuary rather that Rocket Packs). Even though they may not be new wave, I would throw in "Power" by Servant and "Fanatic" by Bash. Any other new wave faves out there to make the perfect 80's set?
07-23-2008 17:21 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
All right. Here we go. How about "Track You Down" by Crumbacher and "Is Anyone Thirsty" by Undercover. (I would pick Travelog or Sanctuary rather that Rocket Packs). Even though they may not be new wave, I would throw in "Power" by Servant and "Fanatic" by Bash. Any other new wave faves out there to make the perfect 80's set?

Throw in any Mad At The World song from their first 2 albums and it would be very solid!

07-24-2008 08:15 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Someone New

absolutely! Painted Orange too.
07-24-2008 16:24 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

New Wave-Musik.
Ein Relikt der 80er Jahre? Ich denke nicht.
Es ist ein zeitloses Medium, wird der letzte Tag der Zeit.
Egal, wie viel Zeit ist oder nicht dem Zufall überlassen und Zeit.
Es lebe die New-Wave-Musik!
Lang lebe der 80er Jahre!
Wo ist unsere Rakete Packs?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 07-24-2008 17:12.

07-24-2008 17:10 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

RE: New Wave-Musik. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Uno, dos, eins zwei drei ist quatro

Interpreter:
Autogramme für die Kranken, sie wollen zu berühren Sie
Monogramm Polygraph-Kit, sie kaufen möchte zwei
She's Warnung alle ihre Kinder an die Schrecken des Rock'n Roll
Du bist ein Freudenfeuer Geliebten Zählung Dollar im Nachglühen

Phonographen für Gehörlose, können sie nicht hören Sie
Handschuhe für die Amputierten, können sie nicht jubeln Sie
Down in dem Stadion sind sie wartet auf das Ende des Zeitalters
Sie beten für die gesunde ...
Während die lame nie auf die Bühne

Autogramme für die Kranken, sie wollen zu berühren Sie
Monogramm Polygraph-Kit, sie kaufen möchte zwei
She's Warnung alle ihre Kinder an die Schrecken des Rock'n Roll
Du bist ein Freudenfeuer Geliebten Zählung Dollar im Nachglühen

DIT dit doo

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 07-24-2008 17:16.

07-24-2008 17:15 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Someone New

I never really got into Autographs. I'll never forget the first time I heard Doppleganger though. There was this guy in my church 3 or 4 years older than me. He gave me a ride home one night and he said check this out. He proceded to play Hollow Man, Girls and Mall. I was freaking out!!! I had never heard anything like it. I remember going to his house one night and he introduced me to 77's and Charlie. I was hooked from the git go. You know what was the hardest thing in my life to grasp... the tape Brian played in the car was the same band I played every day on 8 track on my parents stereo - "Shotgun Angel." I was 9 when we got that 8 track. Along with Father's Eyes by Amy Grant. Hee hee hee. Oh yeah and we had a couple Mike Warnke 8 tracks too.
07-25-2008 16:13 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Do you still have the "Shotgun Angel" 8-track?

Doppelgänger is a mind-blowing kind of record.
It has been awhile since a mind-blowing record like that has come out.

Where it's all so incredible, the music, the lyrics, the artwork...

And you are just left stunned after the first listen.

Good times! Cool
07-25-2008 22:47 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Good old Mike Warnke! Tongue
07-25-2008 22:47 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Someone New

Shotgun Angel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have it in my attic somewhere. I've always meant to bring it to a dogs show and have Terry sign it. I thing he would get a kick out of it.
07-26-2008 04:15 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
Someone New

Dennis, I still had no idea of what you were saying in German but the Dit dit doo gave it away - Name That Tune. Then I could make out autographs in there somewhere.
07-26-2008 04:18 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Gotta love the "DIT dit doos" Tongue
07-26-2008 07:19 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

RE: Shotgun Angel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I have it in my attic somewhere. I've always meant to bring it to a dogs show and have Terry sign it. I thing he would get a kick out of it.

I bet so.

I did not know there was an 8-Track of Shotgun Angel.
I know a couple folks who have Horrendous Disc on 8-Track.
07-26-2008 07:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
juan ahmal juan ahmal is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-551.jpg

Registration Date: 08-06-2008
Favorite 77s album: TTB

wie schafe kaput Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've been a 77s fan since 83' and always thought the repeated phrase at the end of Ba Ba Ba Ba was " We shop up to stop up the guilt." I think the reason was because of a quote on the sleeve of the vinyl All Fall Down album that said something like: "people spend most of their time something something or shopping, which is the same thing." I may be way off on that and I can't verify it because I seem to have misplaced said vinyl. Is there anybody out there who remembers that quote? Anyway it's nice to finally know what is being said, although a little embarasssing to admit I've been wrong all these years.

'Pardon me while I kiss this guy" - Jimmy Cool

08-07-2008 13:16 juan ahmal is offline Send an Email to juan ahmal Search for Posts by juan ahmal Add juan ahmal to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: wie schafe kaput Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's ridiculous.

Utterly ridiculous.

Tongue
08-07-2008 13:29 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
juan ahmal juan ahmal is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-551.jpg

Registration Date: 08-06-2008
Favorite 77s album: TTB

RE: wie schafe kaput Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
That's ridiculous.

Utterly ridiculous.

Tongue

I know, and me being mostly German

08-07-2008 13:40 juan ahmal is offline Send an Email to juan ahmal Search for Posts by juan ahmal Add juan ahmal to your Buddy List
pass the bacon
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-440.jpg

Registration Date: 08-27-2007
Favorite 77s album: that really, really good one

Jimmy ? ? ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Pardon me, as I smooch this fellow"

Roll Eyes

"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us, we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be" - C.S. Lewis
08-07-2008 14:49 pass the bacon is offline Send an Email to pass the bacon Search for Posts by pass the bacon Add pass the bacon to your Buddy List
ciniree
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-518.jpg

Registration Date: 08-03-2008
Favorite 77s album: HGB

RE: Jimmy ? ? ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by pass the bacon

Roll Eyes

I know Einstein's Theory of Relativity, but, call me stupid but what is the "+3db"?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ciniree: 08-07-2008 17:04.

08-07-2008 16:47 ciniree is offline Send an Email to ciniree Search for Posts by ciniree Add ciniree to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Ihren Herzen Lacht +/- 3dB Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ciniree
quote:
Originally posted by pass the bacon

Roll Eyes

I know Einstein's Theory of Relativity, but, call me stupid but what is the "+3db"?

Given the environment, I'd vote for the first choice and say an arbitrary musical addition was tacked on for effect in the form of a tolerance range for the conversion.

Maybe I should have titled this "our sheep laugh +/- 3 dB" to maintain consistency.

-----------------------------

DB may stand for:

In science and technology:

dB Decibel, a logarithmic unit of measurement in acoustics and electronics
Db Dubnium, a chemical element
DB connector, a size of D-subminiature electrical connector
.db, a database file extension
In entertainment:

Daily Bugle, a fictional New York City newspaper
The dB's, a power pop band from the 1980s
In locations:

Discovery Bay, a residential development in Hong Kong
Dobyns Bennett High School, a high school in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
In corporate:

DB Breweries, a New Zealand company
DB (car), a French automobile maker
DB Medialab, a Norwegian online media company owned by the newspaper Dagbladet
DB Records, a label in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Deutsche Bahn, the major German railway company
Deutsche Bank, a German bank
Deutsche Bundesbahn, the national railway company of the former West Germany
In phonetics:

8, the db-digraph a ligature of "d" and "b" in African linguistics

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 08-07-2008 21:54.

08-07-2008 21:06 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
ciniree
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-518.jpg

Registration Date: 08-03-2008
Favorite 77s album: HGB

I'm sure it's some kind of record label or something or most likely has to do with music, I just wanted to know exactly what it was which is why I asked him.
08-08-2008 05:56 ciniree is offline Send an Email to ciniree Search for Posts by ciniree Add ciniree to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Deshtapa Deshtapa Geprert

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH