77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Deshtapa Deshtapa Geprert » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Deshtapa Deshtapa Geprert
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
w42loren w42loren is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-22-2008
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

Question Deshtapa Deshtapa Geprert Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WHAT IN THE HECK IS HE SAYING? I remember several years ago seeing Mike at BQN's church in St. Louis and he mentioned that Ba Ba Ba was originally going to be named Utah Utah Utah. Puts a whole new perspective on the song. But I'm still out of the loop when it comes to what that dude is saying in the song. I can't tell if its backward masking or what. I though maybe it was German. I had a foreign exchange student from Germany visit with one of my kids to my youth group and she could not make it out. I will feel so much more educated in the culture of 77's if new the answer to this one question.
07-19-2008 04:33 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

RE: Deshtapa Deshtapa Geprert Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is German for "like a lamb to the slaughter", or some such. Mike discusses it on the radio interview which is available for download somewhere on this site.
07-19-2008 18:19 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Deshtapa Deshtapa Geprert Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wie Schafe zur Schlachtung führte

like sheep led to the slaughter

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
two girls for every boy.jpg

07-19-2008 20:16 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Someone New

Thread Starter Thread Started by w42loren
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yep. Once you get that Coca Cola in your system... it will lead you sown the paeh of destruction every time.
07-20-2008 02:52 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
Someone New

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

see, I have so much caffein in my system right now I can't even type strait.
07-20-2008 02:54 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Koffein ist ein weißes, kristallines bittere Xanthin Alkaloid, das als Stimulans psychoaktiven Drogen-und ein mildes Diuretikum (Geschwindigkeiten bis Urin Produktion) beim Menschen und anderen Tieren. Koffein wurde von einem deutschen Chemiker Friedrich Ferdinand Runge, im Jahr 1819. Er prägte den Begriff "kaffein", eine chemische Verbindung in Kaffee, der in englischer Sprache wurde Koffein. Koffein ist auch, wenn guaranine gefunden in Guarana, wenn mateine gefunden in Mate und theine gefunden, wenn in Tee, alle diese Namen sind Synonyme für die gleiche chemische Verbindung.

Coffein findet sich in unterschiedlichen Mengen in die Bohnen, Blätter und Früchte von mehr als 60 Pflanzen, wo sie als natürliche Pestizide, lähmt und tötet bestimmte Insekten ernähren auf die Pflanzen. Es ist am häufigsten konsumiert von Menschen in Infusionen extrahiert aus den Bohnen von der Kaffeepflanze und die Blätter der Tee-Busch, sowie von verschiedenen Lebensmitteln und Getränken mit Produkten aus der Kola Nuss oder Kakao. Andere Quellen zählen Yerba Mate, Guarana Beeren, und die Yaupon Holly.

Beim Menschen, Koffein ist ein zentrales Nervensystem (ZNS) stimulierende, die bewirkt, dass vorübergehend Abwehr Benommenheit und Wiederherstellung Wachsamkeit. Getränke mit Koffein, wie Kaffee, Tee, alkoholfreie Getränke und Energy-Drinks genießen große Popularität. Koffein ist die weltweit am häufigsten konsumierte psychoaktive Substanz, aber im Gegensatz zu den meisten anderen, es ist legal und ungeregelten in nahezu allen Rechtsgebieten. In Nordamerika, 90% der Erwachsenen konsumieren täglich Koffein. Die US Food and Drug Administration Listen Koffein als "Multiple Purpose allgemein anerkannt als sichere Lebensmittel-Stoff". Einer Studie 2008 vorgeschlagen, dass Frauen konsumieren 200 Milligramm oder mehr Koffein pro Tag hatte etwa das Doppelte der Fehlgeburt Risiko als Frauen, trank keine, während eine andere Studie ergab 2008 kein Zusammenhang zwischen Fehlgeburten und Koffein Verbrauch.
07-20-2008 05:48 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Someone New

What?
07-20-2008 06:40 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant and is very popular and they've done studies on women that did and didn't drink it, etc. Have a donut.

07-20-2008 07:22 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Someone New

I thought M#@%&ns were not supposed to drink caffien. Din't Michael Jackson get in big trouble back in the 80's for doing a Pespi commercial?
07-20-2008 17:36 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Ba ba ba ba
Ba ba ba ba

07-20-2008 18:31 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant and is very popular and they've done studies on women that did and didn't drink it, etc. Have a donut.

In a nutshell.
07-20-2008 20:30 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

The song Ba Ba Ba Ba is in German?

07-21-2008 06:46 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
The song Ba Ba Ba Ba is in German?

That particular line is in German.

07-21-2008 09:54 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 06-05-2006
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

Mike's German?

07-21-2008 12:50 Chesterdox is offline Send an Email to Chesterdox Homepage of Chesterdox Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Chesterdox: none YIM Account Name of Chesterdox: none View the MSN Profile for Chesterdox
Cynthia
Mezzo

I don't pick out lyrics well from songs and often get them wrong, so I rely a great deal on written lyrics to know the exact words of a song. When I was a kid I remember hearing "get up and boogie" and I thought they were saying "get up Azookie". I thought the song was about some guy named Azookie that wouldn't get out of bed. Anyway... I have read the lyrics on the 77's site for Ba Ba Ba Ba and also what I printed a long time ago for chords for my chord book and neither one have any german words in them. That's why I was confused about if there was a separate version of the song in German or something. I'll need to listen to the song on CD real closely now and see if I can pick out what you are all talking about.

07-22-2008 07:09 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

ach du lieber augustine! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is no 'German version'.

The only German words are in a chant at the end done by 'ol pal Steve Griffith from VECTOR. I can't remember why we did this but it has been a point of interest to 77s fans everywhere ever since. Evidently German fans are also very fond of the tune as we saw royalties for radio plays of this song coming over from there for many years.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
the_young_Eisley.jpg

07-22-2008 08:23 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Cynthia
Mezzo

I get it now... thanks. I'm always the delinquent one that never quite gets these things, but I'm enjoying learning so much 77's trivia. Smile

07-22-2008 13:07 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Someone New

Ba Ba Ba is the perfect 80's new wave song and my favorite 77's song of all time! If you want the perfect new wave radio set - play these three in a row - Ba Ba Ba by 77's, Hear What I say by Vector (love ya Bruce!) and Lie Down In The Grass (Charlie Peacock). Can't top it!
07-22-2008 17:01 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

Lie Down On Your Ass Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Doctor sings backup quite prominently on the choruses of Lie Down, btw, along with Steve Griffith of Vector. I was always very proud of that.

Doctor Love has attached this image:
public shore.jpg

07-22-2008 17:32 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 06-05-2006
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

quote:
Originally posted by w42loren
Ba Ba Ba is the perfect 80's new wave song and my favorite 77's song of all time! If you want the perfect new wave radio set - play these three in a row - Ba Ba Ba by 77's, Hear What I say by Vector (love ya Bruce!) and Lie Down In The Grass (Charlie Peacock). Can't top it!

Don't forget Rocket Packs by DA!

07-23-2008 08:10 Chesterdox is offline Send an Email to Chesterdox Homepage of Chesterdox Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Chesterdox: none YIM Account Name of Chesterdox: none View the MSN Profile for Chesterdox
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Deshtapa Deshtapa Geprert

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH