77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » The 77s - Holy Ghost Building » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The 77s - Holy Ghost Building 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, gotta have XL and XXL for sure!

08-26-2008 11:02 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well right now all we have in the store is what was left from the tour.
08-26-2008 12:49
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

i concur with joey and nailtatt.....

at my smallest, i still need XL......

08-26-2008 13:03 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

So you're saying a bunch of fat as$'s saw the 77's on tour eh?

Wink

Tongue

08-26-2008 13:09 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
ciniree
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-518.jpg

Registration Date: 08-03-2008
Favorite 77s album: HGB

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
quote:

Wink

Tongue

Big Grin

I would have taken a women's M.
08-26-2008 13:22 ciniree is offline Send an Email to ciniree Search for Posts by ciniree Add ciniree to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

quote:
quote:

Wink

Tongue

I bought an XL! Tongue
08-26-2008 16:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

quote:
quote:

Wink

Tongue

Guilty as charged

Tongue

08-26-2008 19:12 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

quote:
quote:

Wink

Tongue

mike did make some comment about playing to old fat bald guys, Big Grin

08-27-2008 05:10 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:
mike did make some comment about playing to old fat bald guys,

Well, I attended two of their shows! Big Grin

08-27-2008 09:30 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
Yeah, honey, to our sugar shack....

Maybe the next album should be another cover album, not of blues/gospel tunes, but of bubblegum classics. Possible track list:

...Yummy, Yummy, Yummy by The Ohio Express...

If we're gonna include clean sounding songs with dirty meanings, we need to include Cuddly Toy by The Monkees/Harry Nilsson.
08-27-2008 19:26 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
Mezzo

RE: Tee TiMe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LuR KiNG
quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Be sure and check out the Holy Ghost Building Tshirts available in the 77s webstore. Happy

Who is the stoner in the picture with you? Tongue

Tongue

08-27-2008 19:45 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Reviews - old hat for most of you boarders Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now that you've had a chance to listen to the new album, what do you think? Did any of you catch The 77's on tour this summer? Though short, but sweet, they played to enthusiastic crowds who snatched up the album and t-shirts. Go to 77s.com if you missed out on either of those.

By the time the 7's arrived at Cornerstone they were well rehearsed and hot...Hot...HOT!

We have waited, almost patiently, and here are some reviews:

http://www.tollbooth.org/2008/reviews/77s.html

http://www.christianitytoday.com/music/r...stbuilding.html

http://www.christianmusicplanet.com/prin...endly/11579679/

http://www.tm3am.com/article_080702b.htm

If you come across any others, please let us know!

And check this out! I don't know how long it will be online:

http://greaterthanmag.com/

Mike Roe and Mark Harmon are hoping to tour this fall to share these HGB songs with you. If you missed The 77's the first time around this summer, or if you just want to hear the new album played by a duo instead of a full band, think about booking a 77s Unplugged / 7&7iS show. If interested, contact:

jeffrey k.
support independent music
www.lo-fidelity.com

And, fyi, check out http://www.chilitech.fm - a web radio station based in Williamsport, PA that plays 77's, Mike Roe-solo and Strawmen tracks. Call in and make requests!

Linda
--

Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS
Artist Management and Promotion
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
http://lamconcerts.com
08-27-2008 20:53 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

RE: Tee TiMe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
quote:
quote:
quote:
Be sure and check out the Holy Ghost Building Tshirts available in the 77s webstore. Happy

Tongue

Tee TiMe? Looks more like Bong Time to me!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

J/K! What up Pea???????

08-28-2008 06:20 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tongue

J/K! What up Pea???????

looks like he is what is affectionately called, "adequately cornerSTONED"...

must have been his first time.

~f

Dennis, the Dr. Rich, for Blackboard President
08-28-2008 09:07 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

Wow I liked the Greater Than Mag. Good interview and there were some cool pics in there of the 77s. I liked the one with Mike sitting in the barn window with his hat on; cool pic. And the concert review was the one I attended! Thanks for including that.
08-28-2008 13:47 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Mezzo

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tongue

J/K! What up Pea???????

DaLe is juiced up on aMPHeTiMiNeS, and I'm pretty much wasted off my monster bong

08-28-2008 21:09 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tongue

J/K! What up Pea???????

DaLe is juiced up on aMPHeTiMiNeS, and I'm pretty much wasted off my monster bong

**** looks like you dudes know how to have a good time!!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue

08-29-2008 06:10 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Nekkid Prey Nekkid Prey is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-06-2004

Mike Roe Interview in Christianity Today Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's the "other half" of the Holy Ghost Building coverage that Christianity Today promised us! Great interview with the good Doctor.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nekkid Prey: 09-03-2008 15:48.

09-03-2008 15:42 Nekkid Prey is offline Send an Email to Nekkid Prey Homepage of Nekkid Prey Search for Posts by Nekkid Prey Add Nekkid Prey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nekkid Prey: Nekkid Prey YIM Account Name of Nekkid Prey: mike_beidler
Tinkerty-tonk
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-461.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007

This album is esp. nice to listen to while taking a drive through the countryside...and some of the songs sound to me like something Cameron Crowe would use in one of his movies.
09-08-2008 09:27 Tinkerty-tonk is offline Send an Email to Tinkerty-tonk Search for Posts by Tinkerty-tonk Add Tinkerty-tonk to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Just listening to this again after taking a break from it for about a month. It's still brilliant. I mean really great. I cannot heap enough praise on it. And that's a mighty big heap!!!!!

09-26-2008 18:58 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » The 77s - Holy Ghost Building

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH