77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » The 77s - Holy Ghost Building » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The 77s - Holy Ghost Building 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

Hot Tuna - Keep Your Lamps Trimmed Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was sure Mike had mentioned Hot Tuna's version of this song here somewhere, but I can't find it. Anyway, there's a live version on Wolfgangs Vault. Pretty cool to listen to the similarities. But I think we all know who did it better. Smile
10-11-2008 15:56 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
waterdog waterdog is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 10-26-2005
Favorite 77s album: late

RE: Hot Tuna - Keep Your Lamps Trimmed Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that is my fav on the disc,,,gunna check out the vault for the hot tuna version

01-12-2009 09:30 waterdog is offline Send an Email to waterdog Search for Posts by waterdog Add waterdog to your Buddy List
waterdog waterdog is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 10-26-2005
Favorite 77s album: late

RE: Hot Tuna - Keep Your Lamps Trimmed Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Rod
I was sure Mike had mentioned Hot Tuna's version of this song here somewhere, but I can't find it. Anyway, there's a live version on Wolfgangs Vault. Pretty cool to listen to the similarities. But I think we all know who did it better. Smile

ok so yeah the sevens rock it but , ya gotta love the frisco style,,grew up in that era so needless to say...........

01-12-2009 09:36 waterdog is offline Send an Email to waterdog Search for Posts by waterdog Add waterdog to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-454.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2005
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked, today anyway

RE: Lifetime In Wartime Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
We put it on there because:

a) it was part of the original sessions, which was curious

b) we don't put out singles so there's your single (I miss the 80's in England -- a single once a month whether you wanted it or not. The Smiths created an entire world with them. I miss that.)

c) we tried to be generous to our fans

d) I hate using the term "bonus track" because it looks clunky, so we left that off, but really ... that's what it was

e) woulda put it as a 'hidden track' but everyone complains when you do that

f) everyone complained anyway

g) no good deed goes unpunished

h) I regret putting it out now. Mark says screw everyone who cares and Bruce has no comment

I've been playing the CD a lot the past few days. In truth, I buy several CD's every week and it takes me a while to get through them all. So, I bought the CD when it was released but didn't start playing it until recently.

I love every single song on the album. I came to the forum to find out about "Lifetime..." I'm glad it's there. It's a great song and to me it was clearly a bonus song. But I wasn't clear about what the writer(s) were trying to say. I know it's about regret, but is it also about giving up?

I can't wait for Holy Ghost Building, The Second Story

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jyroflux: 05-13-2009 17:52.

05-06-2009 21:08 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just saw Dennis Agajanian cover Working On A Building. Similar and yet totally different...good pickin, that's for sure.
05-05-2010 20:49 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » CD & DVD Reviews » The 77s - Holy Ghost Building

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH